Quantcast

<×< RIP 2021 GMT >×>

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Stranded in La Grande Oregon because they shut down i84 due to a shoot out. A fucking shoot out. Not ice, accidents, or compact snow. Face meet palm
For how long Brother? That is Fecked! (IrishMan saying Feck). Feck!
Avy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just found out an old riding buddy lost his house and everything in it in the CO fire last night. He and his family made it out, but apparently only by minutes with the clothes on their back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haven't been on XC skis in over 30 years. Did 8.5 miles on an ungroomed grade, gonna be walking funny tomorrow.

Nice traffic jam on I-90 because people were stopping in the middle of the fucking interstate to put chains on 50 yards before the huge empty chain on area. I kind of felt like I would have been doing society a favor if I ran them all over.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
change of plans....watching the parents puppy while they get a hotel room....pooch does not agree with fireworks....barking her little head off...

parents would like to sleep...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Shortage of fresh non-seasonal produce in the north east during an epic supply chain crisis? Not sure I’d put that down the Cov just yet.

Shortages of pastaand beans may be a better indicator or people getting ready for lock downs.

Local markets here are stocked to the gills with most stuff, and completely out of other things with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I paid $3.50/lb for ground Waygu, but there wasn’t a pack of ground chuck to be found. Paid $0.05/each for avocados, but there were zero strawberries despite living in the strawberry capital of the universe and literally watching them get picked daily from my office. The world is weird right now, I had to order a Minion DHR 2 from England because there were none to be found here.
I mean it's hard to tell what else they are out of. There's so much random shit and they just spread it out to cover other items. I can't find my daughter's favorite juice and they were out of certain kinds of cheese as well. This is at a pretty big New England supermarket chain. Can't find frozen corndogs either. I think the produce just hit funny, because they've NEVER not had bananas before. They've never not had leeks....just weird.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Just found out an old riding buddy lost his house and everything in it in the CO fire last night. He and his family made it out, but apparently only by minutes with the clothes on their back.

I went to the Site,terrible. CO is just going to be one of many to come with these fire’s. Just Chaos,from what I see here,I think they are? What is the word? Did you know him well?
Avy

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Very unfortunate. Let this be a lesson to us all. Please review your homeowners/renters insurance at least once a year. Your personal property limit(everything that isn’t permanently installed) is just as important as your dwelling limit. Also in a situation like this your loss of use limit (rent in a time of loss) needs sufficient.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Very unfortunate. Let this be a lesson to us all. Please review your homeowners/renters insurance at least once a year. Your personal property limit(everything that isn’t permanently installed) is just as important as your dwelling limit. Also in a situation like this your loss of use limit (rent in a time of loss) needs sufficient.
Concur. With the rise of home values in the last 2 years, your insurance likely is not enough to meet the need of your property. We had to bump ours up $200k, based solely on the increased cost of replacement if this place burns down.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
[/QUOTE
I am going to get Aflac Insurance next year. I just lost a co worker to Cancer who lucky his Wife had Aflac. Also,I had two other people I know Had it in time of complete chaos. For my coworker,I was so worried for them about treatment cost. She told me she got Aflac,and you have options, I guess she picked medical. Don’t know any detail’s,but she told me not to worry for them on this matter. So,I’m lookin into next year.
Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Critical illness insurance is how I paid off my mortgage this year. There is no such thing as being over insured.
My sister in law has been collecting a salary from long term disability insurance for the last 15 years.

I'm probably paying $800 a year for earthquake insurance. When the big one hits this whole region is going to be levelled. I'll just walk away and move back east.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
5 hour drive turned into a 9 hour drive thanks to some gunslinging highway shit show. That detour I took was 100% compact snow and ice. Climbed two mountain passes and saw tons of rural forest beauty though.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What in the FUCK?!?

That drive home was quite the shitshow.

And screw all the people with insufficient tires driving around in a goddam blizzard.

:mad:
You were on I-70? Visibility was just total shit after 5 pm coming from WP resort to Tabernash. 40 mph was plenty fast—not enough visual markers to get the brain settled.