Quantcast

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Payday thursday GMT [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Why is it that if I Google “backpack” every future website I visit with banner advertising has an advertisement for backpacks… but if I Google “big round butts” somehow no big butt advertising ever appears?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gale force winds up here, so much for doing an outdoor ride today.

What's it like down in Kansas?
Wild ride out on e470.

Steering wheel with pedals for Forza has been acquired. Not sure who's going to use it more.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Why is it that if I Google “backpack” every future website I visit with banner advertising has an advertisement for backpacks… but if I Google “big round butts” somehow no big butt advertising ever appears?
Maybe they know your purchase history? :D

Rain stopped for a moment so I rode in condensation fog and drizzle. As usual, not being able to see much through fogged glasses was the limiting factor of fun.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
That livecam is going to be showing structure losses in less than 10 minutes if they dont cut it. :(
Bad situations all around, The national interagency fire offices are probably closed, as well as most crews, structure and interface depts are probably on winter staffing and I doubt there are any airships or tanker bases ready to load and hop this time of year. I am willing to bet they will be doing a conflagration and pulling resources from the east slope but that will take 12-24 hours, good thing is it is grass and at the end of the operational period so hopefully it will be out in a flash as soon as the sun sets and the dew point changes.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bad situations all around, The national interagency fire offices are probably closed, as well as most crews, structure and interface depts are probably on winter staffing and I doubt there are any airships or tanker bases ready to load and hop this time of year. I am willing to bet they will be doing a conflagration and pulling resources from the east slope but that will take 12-24 hours, good thing is it is grass and at the end of the operational period so hopefully it will be out in a flash as soon as the sun sets and the dew point changes.
Dew point? There is no moisture here, dude.

News is reporting all tankers are grounded due to winds (80-100+). CDPS has put all EE's onto alert and Polis just announced a state of emergency, so more support will likely be heading that way shortly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That livecam is going to be showing structure losses in less than 10 minutes if they dont cut it. :(
Holy crap. It burned the gulch between the houses but not the houses themselves. Wow... That's some luck right there.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sheesh. Be safe, CO monkeys. Rocky flats seems like s bad deal. Hope it is well protected.
It was a nuclear weapons site, then they pretended it was safe and built a 1000 homes on it.

The bulbs in their gardens glow lovely in the spring nighttime.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It was a nuclear weapons site, then they pretended it was safe and built a 1000 homes on it.

The bulbs in their gardens glow lovely in the spring nighttime.
I'm ~10 miles from the limerick generating station as the crow flies. They test the evacuation siren twice a year. Every year we get current evacuation plans.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dozens of houses burned/burning reported on the news.

FTS. :mad:

ETA: Just saw live video of houses burning.
Denver7 saying 200+, possibly 300 already burning. They are in neighborhoods where no fire personnel are even there. Evacuations look to still be priority (properly so).