Quantcast

пицца!!!!GMT chi ch gesen Öchigdör GMT!!!!пицца

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Full Trucker is rumored to possibly be in the area... if you can, shuttle Lee's like 8 times instead of climbing up to ride it. :D
Copper > Searle out-n-back on tap for Saturday, Meadow Mountain in the Sunday queue. That's the current plan, anyways. Might see if I can coerce my S.O.* into driving my tired ass to the top of Lee's after one of the other rides... if the timing works out.

I think I'll just ride the lift up at Vail and do Radio Flyer a bunch of times.
That would be a shame what with all the other good to great trails on Vail mountain... PMT, Matterhorn, Old 9 Line, '94 Worlds, etc.

Radio Flyer is not the "real" Radio Flyer. That trail was teh sick.
The "old" Radio Flyer was indeed sicktar gnarballs. I don't know what the "new" anything at Vail looks like now... Momentum Trail Concepts have been working on the mountain all year I think.

*Shuttle Operator

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wasn't the OG an undocumented trail that went *off* the resort? I don't remember the details... but I thought there was a bandit trail west of most of the resort shit that was supposed to be damn good.
The OG Radio Flyer was over by the start of Matterhorn and PMT. I think it stayed mostly in resort bounds, not quite as far out as Matterhorn but in that zone. IIRC.

Mini Bailey's, Your Mom and Your Sister... hell I don't know even a quarter of the old-school renegade trails that "used to" exist on that mountain.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
That must have been the one. Kinda sad I never got a chance to ride it. :(
I think I only rode after it had been tamed down quite a bit... I was told the OG-OG version had big step-downs over gnarly holes and trees and whatnot. At any rate, the new version is actually in the same part of the mountain, and has a similar alignment really... just has a million turns where it used to go straight down the fall line.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The OG Radio Flyer was over by the start of Matterhorn and PMT. I think it stayed mostly in resort bounds, not quite as far out as Matterhorn but in that zone. IIRC.
IIRC, head out towards Matterhown and look to the rider's right for the old maintenance shack in teh woods. the trail starts behind that shack.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

High up on Girabaldi Mountain aboard my trusty rental Nomad. Time to climb a bit more then shred Half Nelson. Gonna see how much riding I can stuff in before I have to return this thing to the shop.

:thumb:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wait. What happened to *your* bike? :confused:
Didn’t bring em, and in hindsight I wouldn’t bring em either. They would have been destroyed at this point by the mud and shit kicked up.

May end up grabbing them when we swing around next year so we will have em for the Southwest.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Boss found some almost pure DH trails on the mountain he wants to try... Getting out is gonna be a bitch.
Red Ridge is what he wants to do. Looks like there is no way to shuttle, so that means either climb back up 5 miles of that trail, which would be shortest. Or Turn and climb 5 miles of Canada Del Oro, link up with Samaniego Ridge for 2 miles of climbing, All Double black, then continue on to Aspen Meadow and Aspen Draw, for 4 miles of Blue and black trail for a full loop. The Aspen trails are fun though.
Last option is Ride the last mile of CDO, then ride 9 miles of Charouleau gap access road to a trail head.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just had a good time at the local UPS store in belgrade.

Went to ship some ammunition and I was told It is illegal to ship ammunition through ups. I told him ups ships ammunition, and it has to be ground and lower 48 only. He asked me if I had it with me, I said yes I need to box it as well . He says I have broken the law by even bringing it in the store and I am going to be arrested.

I stopped asking at this point, and informed him he is very incorrect as this is a ups ups tion not USPS. He said stay out I am calling police.
I said ok, go ahead. I'm gonna also get me ffl out and copy if my business license....... When you call, tell them to send Captain ---------. He looked at me funny... U said that's my captain, and here is my work I'd as well........ Wanna try again about how I am breaking the law? I also informed him about how I was directed to the location when I called ups. He still had the phone in his hand..... I said, or you can keep your current path and really embarrass yourself.
He said leave, I said give me my product back. He said no he is Turning it over to police......... I said some words..... He said leave, I said not without my product back first....... Another customer spoke up to him.... Hey jackass, he just showed you his licensing, and his work I'd, he is law enforcement and your a fucking idiot.... Give him his stuff so he can leave.........

Got my stuff, left and called ups corporate...... They are picking up tonight for free and I lodged a complainer t again ststthis manager for breaking the law by trying to confiscate something from a private owner......

Good times, and I k ow painful to read, typing on the phone while pooping.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Saving this for later @StiHacka

Waiting for a girl to show up for the ride. All the dudes bailed. Wankers.

Rain clouds are inbound and its that perfect amount of light where it's a 50/50 draw as to whether to bring lights or not. I'm opting to risk it...