Quantcast

(‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍ Thirst day (‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Def hit & miss. Though with temps forecasted in the 80's next week, could be more hit than miss. I wouldn't expect to make it very far *up* into the hills, but the stuff in the closest foothills should start coming into shape quickly with temps like that. And the stuff down here (North/South Table, Green Mt, etc.) should almost certainly be G2G.
I'm aiming for some Horsetooth laps as I'll be on that end of things.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Ice storm yesterday was a doozy. Power is out for millions of people in Quebec. @Jozz, @dump you guys makin' out ok?
No power since 13h yesterday. Internet and mobile data is down. Phone is also flaky. Otherwise fine. No school today and no work I guess. Plenty of downed branches. At a cafe atm.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No power, no internet, no cell service at my house. Have to walk to the mailboxes... Our trip has been postponed once again. FTS!!!
No power since 13h yesterday. Internet and mobile data is down. Phone is also flaky. Otherwise fine. No school today and no work I guess. Plenty of downed branches. At a cafe atm.
shit. sorry to hear that guys. hope it comes back soon and there is no damage to your homes.

my wife drove out to Pointe Claire to bring some gas to my MIL to run her generator to run the sump pump. my mom lost power too, and also has a generator for the sump pump, unfortunately, she can't plug the well pump to it as its hardwired to the electric panel... we'll have to figure that one out at a later date.

bring on spring... I'm done with this winter now.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Montreal and south shore got hit really bad.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
shit. sorry to hear that guys. hope it comes back soon and there is no damage to your homes.

my wife drove out to Pointe Claire to bring some gas to my MIL to run her generator to run the sump pump. my mom lost power too, and also has a generator for the sump pump, unfortunately, she can't plug the well pump to it as its hardwired to the electric panel... we'll have to figure that one out at a later date.

bring on spring... I'm done with this winter now.
Power is back!
No damages except branches everywhere.

We're in the same situation as your MIL. No power equals no water or bathroom. I always keep 40 liters of water in storage.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Montreal and south shore got hit really bad.
just tried to get petrol… the one open place is a shot show :) payment by cash inside only. Lines bleeding onto the main streets. Laying on the horn everywhere. Eventually decided I have enough petrol already :)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
just tried to get petrol… the one open place is a shot show :) payment by cash inside only. Lines bleeding onto the main streets. Laying on the horn everywhere. Eventually decided I have enough petrol already :)
Ha! Friend of mine just mentioned that. Also Champlain is closed?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ha! Friend of mine just mentioned that. Also Champlain is closed?
my BIL in Rigaud went to grab gas at fyiv eh-em. still had to wait a half hour in line. madness.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Tired. I just found out that I have admin control over people's calendars in Salesforce. So this could be fun. :)

Track for next weekend was announced and it's the rental layout, which is what Haley is used to driving. So that should help her confidence, since she doesn't have to learn a new track. I looked up last year's season opener for this location and from what I can tell, it was the same track. At those times, she's mid-pack.

The more time we've spent with her in-seat getting times down, the more I'm starting to think that we might have gotten bad lap time estimates for her group. I realized last night that Jr 1 for the Colorado series is has a more restrictive carb than Jr 1 for the track series, and we might have been chasing the track series time vs. the CKT time (10sec difference). The race we did over winter was races at Jr1, but they have difference restrictors (slides), so again bad mechanic, she might have been racing on a limited motor. We'll find out soon enough though, since the track was announced, there are likely to be more people out this weekend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
story from my ride last night - there's a short punchy climb in one spot, not super steep, but a steady grade with some roots and rocks but a switchback about 1/3 of the way up. came up to descend it and there was a small group ride with 3 young teens. 2 boys 1 girl. i'd wager they were probably around the 10-13 age range, but the girl seemed to be the youngest. the two boys are going first, they clear the switchback turn but then get hung up on some rocks and start pushing up. as the two of them are approaching the top where i was stopped, the young lady was catching up to them. they were all within maybe 20 feet of me, and i can't pass up the chance to heckle. "man, y'all just got smoked by a chick". she hears me, smiles, pedals harder, and passes both of them before they could get back on their bikes, and clears the whole climb.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
First of all, they look red to me. And who of the two of us has a degree in literally drawing shapes that are colored in?
Master's degree in Advanced Coloring? :D

And B... my point still stands regardless of the example I chose. You should have gotten the red ones.
They only come in black, man.

But now comes the most important decision - what bindings do I get?