Quantcast

√√√√√√ Ch®istmas Saturday GTM ††††††

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Ice filled gutters and downspouts are not handling the torrential rain very well. At least it'll be 50 Freedumbs by sundown.

Relatives in Broad Channel (Queens, NY) report tidal flooding deep enough for cars to be floating around...

#weathermonkey.com

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No interwebs here at home. And the newly run fiber lines from Bell appear to be touching the ground in the neighbors yard.

Oh well. Might stroll down to the lake in a bit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Made a path to the door on the wife's rig and cleared the windshield, she was able to back it out of the driveway. But for a reason still unknown to us both, she opted to go up the hill rather than down. She made it out of the hood but about half way up she realized what a horrible idea it was. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
we avoided rolling blackouts. :fancy:

helped kiddo finish up putting up some xmas lights outside.

wish i knew how to get teh shoulder to automagically fix itself faster...want to ride the bike next week when it gets warm again. current status:
1671911518487.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went to K1 on a quick whim so grandpa could watch Haley drive. Haley dropped .1 sec off her adult kart PR today. Doesn't sound like a lot, but she was half a lap off me; so it was independent timing, not chasing someone. That's a big step from her last PR, which was chasing. She's just .59 sec off me now, and closing fast.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
windy 20 mile bike ride. Would not have been too much except for that I did way too much leg work in the gym yesterday. I had nothing in the legs when 1/3 of the way into the ride I turned into the wind. My quads screamed at me for the next 7 miles. At least the last 5 miles of the ride included getting pushed along by the wind :banana:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Around here the big day is today and we made. Gifts unwrapped and food consumed. Now I’m look towards the spring and some dry trails dreaming of a new bike. My 2014 is starting to show its age.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oof. It took me four and a half hours to drive 120 miles. Highway was closed because of accidents, so I wound up in the small back roads amongst the fields. Total whiteout conditions. The wind was blowing so bad, I couldn't see cars 20 ft in front of me with their 4-ways on. But I made it to my destination safely. And I'm enjoying wine and beer now.

Merry Christmas all (who celebrate)!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001