Quantcast

♋︎♋︎♋︎❄︎❄︎❄︎ We Doin' This or.... ? ❄︎❄︎❄︎♋︎♋︎♋︎

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well?

I've got coffee, no motivation and a long list of things to do at work.

Also: I have to reassemble the hub on my fat bike, before tomorrow or else I'm shafted into another hike. Hopefully all the springs and pawls are where I left them 8 months ago.... :ph34r:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I found out yesterday that I’m working at Highlands Ranch today. I guess better to find out yesterday than at 8:30 via a “where are you?” phone call.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
odd day
still feeling groggy from what apparently was a migraine as I slept yesterday morning. fuck

my grandfather passed away in his sleep last night. He was 95 and had been to the hospital for a non-stopping nose bleed. His wife and virtually all of his friends had already passed, so he was ready...it's really not that sad, but my wife and i are not speaking since she picked yet another fight a couple days ago, so I don't really have anybody to tell. Also, he apparently didn't want a funeral or calling hours, so I guess they're just going to stick him in the ground and the huge italian family is going to pick some random day sometime in the future to plan a "celebration of life". Surprised to say it, but I guess I miss "drop everything and get home" arrangements...it worked, because you dropped everything and went home, slept where you had to, travelled as far as you needed to, vs. making huge inconvenient plans that 50% of the people aren't going to make.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
odd day
still feeling groggy from what apparently was a migraine as I slept yesterday morning. fuck

my grandfather passed away in his sleep last night. He was 95 and had been to the hospital for a non-stopping nose bleed. His wife and virtually all of his friends had already passed, so he was ready...it's really not that sad, but my wife and i are not speaking since she picked yet another fight a couple days ago, so I don't really have anybody to tell. Also, he apparently didn't want a funeral or calling hours, so I guess they're just going to stick him in the ground and the huge italian family is going to pick some random day sometime in the future to plan a "celebration of life". Surprised to say it, but I guess I miss "drop everything and get home" arrangements...it worked, because you dropped everything and went home, slept where you had to, travelled as far as you needed to, vs. making huge inconvenient plans that 50% of the people aren't going to make.
Sorry for your loss. :( Let's ride soon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I found out yesterday that I’m working at Highlands Ranch today. I guess better to find out yesterday than at 8:30 via a “where are you?” phone call.
is pudge brothers pizza still around....there was one of those down the street of a clinic i worked at on county line road....

their pizza was better than most....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
grandfather passed away in his sleep last night. He was 95 and had been to the hospital for a non-stopping nose bleed. His wife and virtually all of his friends had already passed, so he was ready...it's really not that sad, but my wife and i are not speaking since she picked yet another fight a couple days ago, so I don't really have anybody to tell. Also, he apparently didn't want a funeral or calling hours, so I guess they're just going to stick him in the ground and the huge italian family is going to pick some random day sometime in the future to plan a "celebration of life". Surprised to say it, but I guess I miss "drop everything and get home" arrangements...it worked, because you dropped everything and went home, slept where you
sorry for your loss man. was just at a funeral for a neighbor yesterday. found out another neighbors wife passed back in sept, but she was a bit of a recluse. american society sure is weird about death.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Child slept poorly last night, therefore, I too slept poorly.

Busy doing mortgage application related things and trying to line up everything that one needs to line up during a real estate transaction. Fun times.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
more void screaming
Talk to me, you never talk to me
Ooh, it seems that I can speak
I can hear my voice shoutin' out
But there's no reply at all
Look at me, you never look at me
Ooh, I've been sittin, starin', seems so long
But you're lookin' through me
Like I wasn't here at all
No reply. There's no reply at all
Dance with me, you never dance with me
Ooh, it seems that I can move
I'm close to you, close as I can get
Yet there's no reply at all
There's no reply at all
I get the feelin' you're tryin' to tell me
Is there somethin' that I should know?
What excuse are you tryin' to sell me?
Should I be readin' stop or go?
I don't know
Be with me. Seems you're never here with me
Ooh, I've been tryin' to get over there
Oh, but it's out of my reach
And there's no reply at all
There's no reply at all
I get the feelin' you're tryin' to tell me
Is there somethin' that I should know?
What excuse are you tryin' to sell me?
Should I be readin' stop or go?
I don't know
Maybe deep down inside
I'm tryin' for no one else but me
Too stubborn to say, "The buck stops here"
"I'm not the one you're lookin' for"
But maybe deep down inside, I'm lyin'
To no one else but me
Oh, but my back is up. I'm on my guard
With all the exits sealed
Listen to me, you never listen to me
Oooh, and it seems there's no way out
I've been tryin' but we cannot connect
And there's no reply at all
There's no reply at all
There's no reply at all
No reply at all
Is anybody list'nin? Oh, there's no reply at all

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Busy doing mortgage application related things and trying to line up everything that one needs to line up during a real estate transaction. Fun times.
S and I were racing/camping the BC Bike Race when our offer was accepted - we had to deal with arranging inspections, pay deposit etc etc while on crappy race provided shared wifi and borrowing a friends laptop he'd thankfully got with him. Otherwise it would have been even more impossible with just phones to try and do the paperwork etc on.

I wonder if paying off my mortgage next year will be a similar hassle...

:D
I'm hoping for April or May to be our last payment.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
At the lovely DFW airport…who sent all of these AA planes here?
just waiting to be hungry enough for a spicy crispy thigh and biscuit…
our neighbor in texas was a air traffic controller there....

wife was german....accent and everything....

their son was a junkie....i knew what heroin was from his sister....i was 4 or 5....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm on Team Mac. The M1-chip laptops are great. Excellent performance and battery life from what I've read.

/me has a 2017-gen Intel-chipped MacBook Pro which is good save for battery life.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
is pudge brothers pizza still around....there was one of those down the street of a clinic i worked at on county line road....

their pizza was better than most....
They're a chain. Probably around here somewhere but there's definitely one on the main Anschutz campus.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I am with toshi 5.0 on the mac debate but I also do nothing but photo and video work. In defense of mac products I can say I never had a program, app or system crash and have some devices that are more than 10 years old and still function flawlessly.

I have one windows laptop for the sole purpose of tuning EFI, programming radios and updating my metal detectors and it has an issue or crash every-time I fire it up and it still needs updates every time i turn it on.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I am with toshi 5.0 on the mac debate but I also do nothing but photo and video work. I defense of mac products I can say I never had a program, app or system crash and have some devices that are more than 10 years old and still function flawlessly.

I have one windows laptop for the sole purpose of tuning EFI, programming radios and updating my metal detectors and it has an issue or crash every-time I fire it up and it still needs updates every time i turn it on.
No complaints about my MacBook either. Did I probably pay a premium vs an equivalently spec'd Windows laptop? Sure, I guess. But 10 years on my MBP is still working flawlessly. All Windows PCs I've had have become worthless bricks in half that time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
"I don't pretend to be a man of the people. But I do try to be a man for the people."

-Gracchus, from Gladiator
funny...

as much as i dislike itunes anything i have ever downloaded from amazon music has been horrible....

if only pc laptops were not so disposable...