Quantcast

♋︎♋︎♋︎❄︎❄︎❄︎ We Doin' This or.... ? ❄︎❄︎❄︎♋︎♋︎♋︎

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Shocking: one spring is missing.

Also cannot get the God damn plastic seal pressed around the freehub and hub shell. Have done this lots of times on other Hope hubs, but this one seems rather off...
Fatsno hub? Seal seems to big?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
What software do you use for photo edits? I’ve used LR with windows for a good while and have always wondered if an Apple would make much of an improvement.
LR classic, PS, Luminar 4, Aurora HD are my prime stills suites, never had an issue or crash on mac. PC is a whole new level of crashes and lost work when it comes to the non cloud based editing. FCPX/resolve has never given me a single issue ever on mac.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
LR classic, PS, Luminar 4, Aurora HD are my prime stills suites, never had an issue or crash on mac. PC is a whole new level of crashes and lost work when it comes to the non cloud based editing. FCPX/resolve has never given me a single issue ever on mac.
I see. I also am a LR classic fan. I’ve yet to play with Luminar but I am quite intrigued by it.
i do have a stand alone PC that’s it’s whole point in life is to edit photos. I’ve yet to have crashes or lost work but sometimes my workflow is pretty clunky. Although I updated my amount of RAM, should have done that years ago.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I see. I also am a LR classic fan. I’ve yet to play with Luminar but I am quite intrigued by it.
i do have a stand alone PC that’s it’s whole point in life is to edit photos. I’ve yet to have crashes or lost work but sometimes my workflow is pretty clunky. Although I updated my amount of RAM, should have done that years ago.
More importantly, the macbook pro has 4+ thunderbolt ports with even more to expand so I can run my editing suite with three 4k monitors, loupedeck, shuttle mouse and a resolve interface and edit straight from a external SSD raid with zero lag even in a 5k 120fps 360 timeline

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fatsno hub? Seal seems to big?
Yeah the Fatsno hub. The green plastic seal does seem too big... I have an old Hope Pro 2 seal press tool, but it seems to be too small to force the outside edges of the seal down.

And trying to use my fingers just resulted in frustration - get one side in and then the other pops out - rinse and repeat.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yeah the Fatsno hub. The green plastic seal does seem too big... I have an old Hope Pro 2 seal press tool, but it seems to be too small to force the outside edges of the seal down.

And trying to use my fingers just resulted in frustration - get one side in and then the other pops out - rinse and repeat.
two things comes to mind. Was the seal soaked in degreaser for some time?

also, try freezing the seal to see if it would shrink enough to help putting it back in the slot.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
two things comes to mind. Was the seal soaked in degreaser for some time?

also, try freezing the seal to see if it would shrink enough to help putting it back in the slot.
Its possible that I didn't clean it well enough, after degreasing it. I took it apart back in the spring time.

I'll try freezing it :thumb: