Quantcast

♢♢♢Wednesday GMT♢♢♢

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
As for us, we bought at the end of 2011, from a couple who needed to downsize due to illness, in a house that was poorly advertised. Turns out we're in the hottest suburb of boston, and people want to live here now.
Are you? :D

I bought near the bottom in 2011, too. Seeing your home valuation climb above 7 digits for the first time is kinda interesting - until the tax bill arrives. :dead: We live in totally crazy times.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
FHA loans have non-dischargeable PMI (outside from refinancing) as of the last few years, iirc.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I would like to nap but cannot do so at work without people getting mad at me.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Doesn't look good for bikies today. Stupid adult responsibilities n'shit.

Did however score a small packable shovel that looks like it will be good for trenching troublesome puddles.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Just back from my first ride on the Yeti. You can stand on the pedals for short rocky climbs with good results. This is currently the longest and most slack bike I own, I cut the first few fast corners wide due to my failure to lean in enough to keep my track. The bike handled my lack of skill beautifully. At the risk of becoming a known total hack I must admit that I like Knoby Nicks... Pike is also superior to Fox 32.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
To fart is to be Canadian. Canadmos needs a fart can for his new baby mamma wagon.

or... cheaper alternative and good use of re-purposed tyre tubes. Tyres because Canda.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just back from my first ride on the Yeti. You can stand on the pedals for short rocky climbs with good results. This is currently the longest and most slack bike I own, I cut the first few fast corners wide due to my failure to lean in enough to keep my track. The bike handled my lack of skill beautifully. At the risk of becoming a known total hack I must admit that I like Knoby Nicks... Pike is also superior to Fox 32.
Wait you really purchased a Yeti? I can't keep up with all this dentistry. :busted:

Tonight's group ride was awesome. Had about 11 or 12 guys out there; made for fun times on the trails and we had two grills going after. Vegetables on one and meat on the other. Can't wait until need week.

My plaid shorts fit again yay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As for home value, redfin is right on the money with what a realtor told us our home was worth. Zillow is $75k more expensive. We did put some money into our house, which redfin doesn't know about (but the realtor did), so I don't know how that plays in exactly.
just out of curiosity, did some googling. zillow says our house is now worth $20k more than we paid, redfin says $40k more.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
that redfin estimate puts us at 19.83% equity
WTF, my Redfin estimate puts me at 19.76% equity.

Theory: banks are paying Redfin to put estimated values such that the homeowner is close to 20% equity, pays for appraisal, only to remain less than 20% equity. Bank gets money for appraisel and gives a small kickback to Redfin, banks still continue to collect PMI.
:tinfoil:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
WTF, my Redfin estimate puts me at 19.76% equity.

Theory: banks are paying Redfin to put estimated values such that the homeowner is close to 20% equity, pays for appraisal, only to remain less than 20% equity. Bank gets money for appraisel and gives a small kickback to Redfin, banks still continue to collect PMI.
:tinfoil:
i'm gonna wait for it to go up a bit more to account for margin of error so i don't piss away money

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dunno...you'll have to ask all the m-drivin', monocle wearin', bike bike stable havin' tycoons around here...
No idea. The only Porsches I care about are 911 GT3 and the Cayman GT4. Plus only stupid people buy boats.