Quantcast

♧turdsday gfmt♧

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
you have new pumptracks? we don't even have old pump tracks
Well I lost the closest one to my flat which was iluminated at night, which was run by a bike shop/pizza place which was a bummer but we are still in a pumptrack boom here. We have around 10 pumptracks in Warsaw. A fuckton of them in Poland. 99% of them are asphalt.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Our DSO was not impressed, speed pooped as it was burning her feet I think.
She did eventually go, but went straight back to the fireplace and I wiped the snow off immediately. She was limping back up, so old age + burning feet set in instantly.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
staring down the barrel of this:
1671723311473.png

followed by a flash freeze at the end of the day (those are °C btw)

Going to try and stock up on staples today at lunch. Then perhaps a fatbike ride this evening followed by a festivus celebration at a buddies' place. (and a long, slow drive home afterwards)...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Up a little bit with the baby last night, so WFH this morning. Also placing a Costco delivery order for steak and bacon. Nothing but steak and bacon, bitches.

Obligatory weather update: 36F here. Fight me.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Also, Layla is refusing to go outside. She went out at 12, very unhappily, I might add. Just stuck her nose out, looked at me, and turned around.
Our DSO was not impressed, speed pooped as it was burning her feet I think.
Your pupper may not need these after this week, but I was poking around for dog jackets for xc skiing with Charcoal, and this was the warmest cheapest option, and he seems to like wearing it.

This is the Gucci //////jacket:

And this for paws
1671726011043.png

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Your pupper may not need these after this week, but I was poking around for dog jackets for xc skiing with Charcoal, and this was the warmest cheapest option, and he seems to like wearing it.

And this for paws
View attachment 186667
We have a jacket from before. It's coming out for the next trip.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flight was cancelled. No surprise there.

So much for "hey, you should look at flying earlier". But noooooo.... "Planes fly at -60* at 40kft. They won't have any issues." "You're right. BUT THR FUCKING GROUND WILL!"

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

And this for paws
View attachment 186667
She already has a jacket and is well used to mushers secret on her paws, we use it when winter joring with her.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Flight was cancelled. No surprise there.

So much for "hey, you should look at flying earlier". But noooooo.... "Planes fly at -60* at 40kft. They won't have any issues." "You're right. BUT THR FUCKING GROUND WILL!"
who was supposed to be flying where?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
who was supposed to be flying where?
Parents. Told them 3 days ago to reschedule. Retired aerospace dad went on a tirade about planes and cold. Low and behold, people and ground machines don't work in cold. They're driving from San Antonio now, as it will be days faster.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found out one of the new pumptracks in my city gets iluminated at night. Now I am really waiting for the thaw.
We need more of this everywhere.

This video from Vinny T shows the Kamloops Bike Ranch at 47 seconds. I had no idea it was lit up at night, which is so cool. It must be a different sensation hitting those big booters in the dark...