Quantcast

✿☀✿ Wed GMT ✿☀✿

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I'm injecting contrast up peoples' butts and into other orifices today.

Also, last night at wind ensemble rehearsal I rocked it out while sight reading the part of a guy out sick. The conductor emailed me at 6:30 this morning to tell me that it was good indeed.

:thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
your insubordination of the new shitheel boss is off to a good start
I am rehydrating with a nice Starr Hill Northern Light IPA. Was saying farewell to a coworker and blurted out that people in our design department hate the shitheel so much they automatically delete his emails.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
unicorn sighted on the way to lunch!
Unicorn indeed. The rarest of a rare breed. Our local MB dealer has a 2016 sitting in the corner of their secondary lot hidden behind all of the vans. Talked to the sales person about it and he said they're having trouble moving it. Nobody knows what it is and at $130k as it sits, people aren't into it. I tried to convince him to get it down to $50k, but it wasn't happening. He did appreciate that I knew what it was, as nobody has been able to pick it out to date.

I did get him to start it and after letting it warm up, gave it a few solid revs. Shorts were ruined. Wifey, who generally isn't on point with performance cars dropped a "that thing sounds mean. Meaner than the M. I could probably get used to that."

Funny thing was that a guy buying a GT walked off the negotiating table to come see it once he heard it. He had that look of "should I get this instead?" All in all, it was quite amusing.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Opened up a sound monster. NI Komplete Ultimate. Took me 24 hours to download and I had to buy an external drive to hold the sound libraries. Started playing around last night and the stuff this can do is mind blowing. I'll be buried in this thing forever. BRB.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Raisin Bran & Coffee = Demons Exorcised rd 3
Extra belt hole has come into play. Definitely net negative for the day.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Unicorn indeed. The rarest of a rare breed. Our local MB dealer has a 2016 sitting in the corner of their secondary lot hidden behind all of the vans. Talked to the sales person about it and he said they're having trouble moving it. Nobody knows what it is and at $130k as it sits, people aren't into it. I tried to convince him to get it down to $50k, but it wasn't happening. He did appreciate that I knew what it was, as nobody has been able to pick it out to date.

I did get him to start it and after letting it warm up, gave it a few solid revs. Shorts were ruined. Wifey, who generally isn't on point with performance cars dropped a "that thing sounds mean. Meaner than the M. I could probably get used to that."

Funny thing was that a guy buying a GT walked off the negotiating table to come see it once he heard it. He had that look of "should I get this instead?" All in all, it was quite amusing.
One rolls by my house regularly with a crazy shiny red paint job and its the S version. Can only agree the sound is glorious. When I get the 400,000 job I'll buy one.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Just in from first day of cardio rehab which was just a light workout of 4 minutes on the tredmill & armcycle, 5 minutes on a stationary bike and 6 minutes on an eliptical. I am not tired... my weight lifting limit is still 5 pound for another 2 weeks. :rant:

Today's session was just to get some baseline information to track my progress over the coming months, it turns out my insurance has no limit on rehab other than attending and improving, I'll have a $5 copay beginning on the 39th session.

I also agreed that I need to loose 28 pounds by the end of summer, I'm at 178 right now; 150 seems reasonable but I haven't been below 165 in 20 years or so...

The program encourages outside activity so I will continue hit the bike or trail on sunny days. :)

There's a little bit of scared straight involved as I got a good dose of who I don't want to be, we should all be thankful for the health we have.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

I had no idea they were that expensive, you just don't see many performance cars in Montana. New or used I can't see myself ever paying more than 30K for a vehicle, economics 101 = limit exposure to depreciating assets.

Met with VF&W. They did not immediately tell us to pack sand up our asses.

Repacked the bike and gear, inventoried and took photographs of everything. In the process of inventory, added some gear i had forgotten and found the multi-tool I thought I had lost. Box is in back of car, to be shipped tomorrow.

Got rid of trash and recycling. Washed both cars. Helped H complete her passport renewal for the second fucking time. Sent invoice to buyer for some stuff I sold on eBay. Started a load of laundry.

Working on a Torpedo.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One rolls by my house regularly with a crazy shiny red paint job and its the S version. Can only agree the sound is glorious. When I get the 400,000 job I'll buy one.
Do what I did. Wait until depreciation has hit full tilt and be prepared to work on it because it's got 100k on it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working on a Torpedo.
Is that a poop with an especially hydrodynamic nose-cone?

Do what I did. Wait until depreciation has hit full tilt and be prepared to work on it because it's got 100k on it.
What's more, if you buy a pre-depreciated vehicle from an actually reliable marque then you might even get to drive it without interspersed months where it's up on jackstands.

:cue rimshot:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fuck this noise. At least it is dumping in Tahoe and will be all the way through the weekend.
Hell yeah, I hope the faucet stays on for another couple of weeks. Headed that way on the 18th for a few days before a work conference.

ugh. I know. Ive skied every storm this season in Tahoe except this miracle march moisture gang bang.
Snow pack in CO is sad.
Headed to Keystone or Breck today.
stoked to ski more but the driving will be dookie.
I guess it is time to grease up the MTB & get the climbing gear out.
#firstworldproblems

it is, but don't fret. there is much snow still to come. (fingers crossed)
I'll tell you this, and you can hold me to this: it's gonna start snowing in CO like MFing gangbusters the day my new bike is ready for me to pick up.

yup.

also, if you haven't, you should:
Yasssss.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is that a poop with an especially hydrodynamic nose-cone?
More likely a stink bomb.

Rode tonight, showed some trails to a guy who moved to Boston from Maryland a week ago. He was reasonably satisfied, I almost died there - need a lot more riding to do.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Adriana is moving back to Portugal when she finishes School. Her Dad wants me to buy her Mini. Her Apartment would also be available to me for free if I take the deal. It is awesome by the way. Third floor with a turret and a patio on the roof with a great view. 10K savings over current living situation. Parking spot with a bevy of pretty girls living there for whatever reason. Awesome development.... Clubman Cooper S All 4 Fun ass car. Can't take the Cat with me....

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My friend Adriana is moving back to Portugal when she finishes School. Her Dad wants me to buy her Mini. Her Apartment would also be available to me for free if I take the deal. It is awesome by the way. Third floor with a turret and a patio on the roof with a great view. 10K savings over current living situation. Parking spot with a bevy of pretty girls living there for whatever reason. Awesome development.... Clubman Cooper S All 4 Fun ass car.
I call bullshit.

Pics or STFU and all that...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My friend Adriana is moving back to Portugal when she finishes School. Her Dad wants me to buy her Mini. Her Apartment would also be available to me for free if I take the deal. It is awesome by the way. Third floor with a turret and a patio on the roof with a great view. 10K savings over current living situation. Parking spot with a bevy of pretty girls living there for whatever reason. Awesome development.... Clubman Cooper S All 4 Fun ass car. Can't take the Cat with me....
Eric had a Mini Clubman for awhile... not sure if it attracted pretty girls in parking lots but you could ask him.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Eric had a Mini Clubman for awhile... not sure if it attracted pretty girls in parking lots but you could ask him.
They want me to help them make up the hit she will take on the car. I really don't care about that... She signed a year lease and gets homesick. Not my problem. I will buy the car for what it is worth. Not what they think it is worth. The Cat is the deal breaker...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
They want me to help them make up the hit she will take on the car. I really don't care about that... She signed a year lease and gets homesick. Not my problem. I will buy the car for what it is worth. Not what they think it is worth. The Cat is the deal breaker...
My cat is worth 10K...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sweet free apartment with bongturret in a building full of hotties; fun car for decent price. either sneak the damn cat in, board it in your old bongshed, or find it a new home...no cat is worth $100, let alone $10k

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We had a Clubman S for 5 years. Great fun when it ran right. The engine has lots of power, we had the paddle shifters on the wheel fun as hell to drive but.....and it's a big but... the engine design is a POS the valves carbon up every 10-15k and kill the power. good thing we had the extended service contract and waranty. the fix is that they pull the head and sand blast the valves with crushed walnut shells to remove the carbon. We went throuhg that BS 5 times plus it was on the third turbo when we dumped it on a trade in at a dealer