Quantcast

0_o weed is now legal in Canada wed GMT o_0

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
adding the water is key to a long simmer. you wont boil off so much of the butter that way too.
Interesting.
We'd just put in on low, rip some bongs and come back when we remembered. ~45min.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Interesting.
We'd just put in on low, rip some bongs and come back when we remembered. ~45min.
As I understand it the longer you simmer the more the fat absorbs the cannabinoids.
But have gotten ripped off budder made like you mention.
Have gotten super faded off a fire cracker too, which is an interesting preparation for a small bit of ganj.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
can use cocaonut oil & I prefer that but my girl really wanted butter but here is how i do it...
Put butter in a pot, melt over medium heat, add heady nugs (in my case 2 zips of popcorn bud & sugar trim) stir for a bit until your kitchen smells like cannabis (this WILL make your whole house stink btw), I dont decarboxylate my flower in the oven cuz I think this first step does it pretty well. then I add about half a pots worth of H20, let it simmer on low for at least 4 hours.

remove, strain, put liquid in fridge, until fats solidify, peel off goodness & pour out the nasty green water.

voila!

Cook with like normal butter but be careful & warn the light weights cuz it can get ya in trouble.
science time: the heat is necessary to allow the, uh, "desired" chemical components to chemically bond with the fatty acids in the butter.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Sick at home today, discovered my pivot is cracked :(. Spent this morning stripping it down. Will be shipping it off to warranty land. Off to buy some drugs now. N-1

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
As I understand it the longer you simmer the more the fat absorbs the cannabinoids.
I've heard that too.
We operated under the theory that once the thc was heated/released there was little point continuing.
That was wholly based on laziness and having unlimited access to plant trimmings however.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Everyone I know who came from there is a useless sack of human. Is is a shit hole or something?
Actually, it's beautiful country. But the panhandle is home to, for what ever reason, a whole host of grade A weirdos and other social cast-offs. Aryan nation, Mormon polygamists, christian "small government" gun nuts, ufo abductees, etc.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
tell me moar? soften the butter, sprinkle in some weed, and voilà? Or do you use oil?
In civilized areas of the world, you just get a liquid concentrate of your favorite strain and squirt it in the brownie batter. This way you know exactly how much THC you can expect to imbibe with each brownie. And it doesn't make the entire house smell like Cheech & Chong's van.

:homer:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
But have gotten ripped off budder made like you mention.
Have gotten super faded off a fire cracker too, which is an interesting preparation for a small bit of ganj.
Never.....under any circumstance, forget what you are doing, and lick the spatula after you've whipped up a batch of peanut butter cups. I had a long, and extremely difficult battle with the couch for several hours after the aforementioned faux pas.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Mornin!

Waking up here in Coeur D’Alene, ID. Having a little breakfast then going to an alpaca farm; wifey loves the little guys. Then I dunno, maybe go check out the Stancraft wooden boat factory?
I really feel like you're rushing back to the lower 48 a bit soon...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
In civilized areas of the world, you just get a liquid concentrate of your favorite strain and squirt it in the brownie batter. This way you know exactly how much THC you can expect to imbibe with each brownie. And it doesn't make the entire house smell like Cheech & Chong's van.

Commercial weed has removed all the russian roulette thrills from edibles.
"Are we just taking the edge off the afternoon or losing our job today?"

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

but what to do with all this trim?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just realized my underpants are on backwards.... That explains the lack of pee hole :nerd:
I’ve always wondered about that pee-hole thing. Like: I want to weave my dick through a maze rather than just pull my pants down and pee said no one ever.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’ve always wondered about that pee-hole thing. Like: I want to weave my dick through a maze rather than just pull my pants down and pee said no one ever.
And then there's the low but non-zero risk of pinching a bit of skin with the pants zipper on the way back up if everything didn't get the message to make the reverse journey just so.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Lets you rock up to the urinal, phone in hand, use the other hand to whip out your business, do your business, all without having to take your eyes off your phone and establish eye contact with your neighbour.

For my part, I've never understood the people who want to unbutton their pants and open their fly in order to access their business and pee. That requires two hands. And in office lavatories (at least any that I've ever been to) there's never anywhere dry to set your book/pen/coffee/phone.
And then there's the low but non-zero risk of pinching a bit of skin with the pants zipper on the way back up if everything didn't get the message to make the reverse journey just so.
hasn't been a problem for me since university... might have something to do with responsible beer consumption?

Last edited: