Quantcast

2007 Marzocchi Forks Are Out!!!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB

6.5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, good point. It's probably like 7 pounds with the right oil height etc. I wanna ride one regardless though.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Yeah, good point. It's probably like 7 pounds with the right oil height etc. I wanna ride one regardless though.
FYI My '05 888 is 7.5 ish lbs with stem (go-ride switch crowns)

Hey orig poster, nice find but remove some of the exclamation points so the page is not so f'd up.

edit to add 'ish' to prevent a ratoin of sh1t, see below.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Really? On a digi scale? I find that hard to believe although you generally know what's up.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Really? On a digi scale? I find that hard to believe although you generally know what's up.

Hmm I will try to motivate to pull it off my bike and get an exact weight on my digi. I changed my post above to add 'ish' as i am sure that is not exactly 7.500000 lbs, and I know that everyone will bust my ballz if it is not exact. It was a while ago (begining of season) when I weighed it, and I was kind of surprised.

Do you want the fork to 'hold' the doughnut or you want to see the pic while you are eating one??

FIX THIS PAGE!!!!

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
marzocchi steped it up a bunch this year.. tried to compete with probly fox and boxxer... but I still don't think theres ganna be a fork as good or as light as the boxxer WC

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
its in line with my findings on the subject, without a stem i get readings of around 3350g and thats 7,4lbs.
losing the 300g of springs and some oil, i can see how the sl ata is under 3000g.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
The Z1 family is reduced to just 2 models : Z1 RC2 ETA and the Z1 SPORT RV.
And 3 '66's and there's no aftermarket 66RV, only OEM ?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Is the Air 888 the flagship DH fork or is the WC the flagship??
The WC is the flagship, however the SL (air) is by far the superior fork. Also notice that on the site the SL is listed as 6.5lbs, and the WC isn't give a weight.

Fact of the matter is, converting two springs that weigh a measly 139g each into Ti isn't going to save much weight at all.

The SL does the right thing by ditching the useless end stroke compression cartridge and doing something more useful with the leg - oh, and getting rid of the springs all together in the process. :)

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
So is the 4X replacing the DJ1??

Is the Air 888 the flagship DH fork or is the WC the flagship??

No more Monster...

monster was dropped last year, the 4x fork is all brand new, not really replacing the dj1, it does exist but just like this year, you yanks wont get it unless you buy it from europe.

the 888sl ata fork will cost just a few bucks more than the current rc2x whereas the 888 world cup will be a bit more expensive.

What's the differance between the Rocco WC 07 and Rocoo 06?

and the TST R?
the wc07 afaik the 06 roco. the roco tst has a different compression valve and adjuster making it have a bigger range of adjustment suitable for all mountain riding.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Awesome - ETA is now voice activated!!!

From Marzocchi website:

ETA

By simply using the command during ascent, the suspension will compress to the ideal height (depending on the riders’ weight). Unlike a traditional locking system, when activated, the ETA system allows 30mm travel to overcome small obstacles and improve comfort respect to a total lock.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
888 SL ATA has adjustable travel/ ride height........wow.

Best fork on the planet of earth (for non weight weenies).

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Awesome - ETA is now voice activated!!!

From Marzocchi website:

ETA

By simply using the command during ascent, the suspension will compress to the ideal height (depending on the riders’ weight). Unlike a traditional locking system, when activated, the ETA system allows 30mm travel to overcome small obstacles and improve comfort respect to a total lock.

well.... not every person born to this world, gets the english language with his breast milk.

having said that, one could expect the aforementioned fact, not to be evident in the italian-to-english translation of a website that belongs to a company like marzocchi, but, then again, it does give the whole thing a certain italian flavor, doesnt it?

Sep 10, 2001
The mint DJ won't coming to the US... I was happy we made that choice once we saw the Rock Shox line.

As for the 4x fork, it is based off the All Mountain platform to keep the weight down, so as a dirt jumping fork, that would be at your own risk..

Brian

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
It's like the horrible bastard child of the neon yellow Reba I once owned and the vomit-colored All-Mountain forks of 2005...

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Brian, why must you insist on making the forks I am most interested in so heinously ugly?

Baby Jesus cries when he sees that color.

it fits in with the general retroness theme of it all,

the orange is the same color found on the original z1 that came out 10 years ago, and the XC line has the same names as the original pre bomber line of xc forks.

plus the super is brought back.

btw did anyone notice the claimed weight for the corsa wc? looks like my SID SL-ti is going to get axed...