Echo
Tweek
Sorgie
gnurider1080
IAB & MBC (B&B w/food)
ito
johnbryanpeters
Pigboy
Jozz & the super-fast French Quarter dwellers (camping)
Jrogers
McGRP01
Narlus
Woodsguy + wife (not at the Lodge)
powernapper & miatagal96 ???
Quo Fan & Big T
Riding
Splat, Mrs. Splat & Peter (B&B but w/food)
TurnerGrl
Veggie Girl
BikeGeek (tentative yes)
GumbaFish ???
hooples3 ???
MMcG (we're keeping him on because he has to come)
Sandwich ???
Westy ???

I believe that makes it 37 (including the ???) for the lodge & camping and 7 staying nearby!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Damn, this thing's going to be huge this year. I'm going to have to make sure to get there early and secure a bed.
It's going to be BIG!!! I think we'll be ok for the most part. We'll fill the bunk rooms and put some cots in the loft and I have had a bunch of people offer to tent if need be as well. Bigger is going to be better...I just know it!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Yeah, I'll be bringing a crash pad for the loft and maybe a tent just in case. Anybody got a portable shower that we might set up beneath the deck? That could come in handy too.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
If we start cramming, we can fit like 50 people in that place. I'll sleep anywhere- inside, loft, deck, grass, car- whatever (I did sleep in the back of my car the previous MFest one night...then on the ground on a towel the next one...).

Well, I probably wouldn't sleep in the basement of that place. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
If we start cramming, we can fit like 50 people in that place. I'll sleep anywhere- inside, loft, deck, grass, car- whatever (I did sleep in the back of my car the previous MFest one night...then on the ground on a towel the next one...).

Well, I probably wouldn't sleep in the basement of that place. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

the problem is not finding a place to sleep, it will be finding a place to sh it & shower :shocked:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's just dawning on me now that with my new bike search underway, there are going to be dozens of monkeybikes for me to try at MF. :thumb: Thanks in advance. I'm a large.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
you'd have to wear your helmet being I'm guessing the kiddies will be playing soldier and shooting their potato gun into said woods/river.
Doug: have you been up to KT this year? As much as I like riding there, (and this isn't criticism), I am curious if they have done any TM to address the extremely high-useage of the trail system and fix some of the perpetual wet areas on Pines, Fence Line, etc. :confused:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am working on this...don't want to commit full bore just yet, but don't rule me out either. Got to check with woody about heading up.

Anybody interested in Bromont? We did it last year (Saturday trip) and it was a blast.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Doug: have you been up to KT this year? As much as I like riding there, (and this isn't criticism), I am curious if they have done any TM to address the extremely high-useage of the trail system and fix some of the perpetual wet areas on Pines, Fence Line, etc. :confused:

The w/e I went it rained Thursday night & Saturday night.....Fence line/pound cake/East branch were wet, the rest was surpisingly dry.

They put in a new bridge on pines last year (over a nasty wet section)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yep, a nice re-route and long wide (too wide) bridge in Pines. The end of Pines is more and more eroded though, but I don't mind.

The area before the first bridge in Fence Line is still a big mess. I e-mailed KTA about it and never got a answer. Its funny cause It could be fixed by a 30 feet straight re-route and changing the angle of the bridge...

Still the trails are in an awsome shape!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well MY status for Monkeyfest weekend is now up in the air, as I may have to work Friday and Saturday. :rolleyes: This sucks. We're upgrading our system at work and we're going live that weekend.

Worst case scenario is I drive up late Saturday morning. At least I'd be able to ride Saturday afternoon/evening and have dinner with everyone.

MBC's plans are still the same.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
7pm dinner time works.

Please request that this "limited menu" contains items that are corpse-free :)

And Mancil, it's never too late, just show up!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
is it too late to sign up for this?

anyone have an address to the hall?
If you are looking for driving directions, aim for East Burke Sports. It's a bike shop in the center of town that's about 1/4 mile from monkeycamp. You can't miss the lodge. It's big and red will have several dozen cars w/bikes parked all around it and tents in the yard.

436 VT Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Mancil -- it's never too late to sign-up...I hope you can make it!

Echo - There will definitely be corpse-free menu options (you won't be the only veggie there)!

IAB - I asked for limited menu options and she also thought a discounted price would be in order. I will keep everyone updated!

I received message back from the Pub Outback and they should be able to accomodate us...they're asking for an approximate time and because we're such a large group, do we want a limited menu so that the food is ready faster? Check out this link (menu is on the right) and let me know http://www.thepuboutback.com/

:D

How many things did they say we can choose from? This might be tough!

it'll be like a wedding:

chicken
fish
beef

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
How many things did they say we can choose from? This might be tough!

it'll be like a wedding:

chicken
fish
beef

LOL!!! That's what I was thinking. I told her I was ggoing to post the link to the menu and get some general ideas. It isn't necessary, but they will be able to serve us faster and can plan their food orders for the weekend accordingly. I also mentioned the fact that we all enjoyed copious amounts of beer and they should plan accordingly :cheers:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
If you are looking for driving directions, aim for East Burke Sports. It's a bike shop in the center of town that's about 1/4 mile from monkeycamp. You can't miss the lodge. It's big and red will have several dozen cars w/bikes parked all around it and tents in the yard.

436 VT Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

:disgust1:

friggin newb, the lodge is white

LOL!!! That's what I was thinking. I told her I was ggoing to post the link to the menu and get some general ideas. It isn't necessary, but they will be able to serve us faster and can plan their food orders for the weekend accordingly. I also mentioned the fact that we all enjoyed copious amounts of beer and they should plan accordingly :cheers:
and tell them we'll need 40 separate checks.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
how this sound:

apps: Nasty Nachos, chicken wings
Entrees: Fried Haddock, Pot Roast
Burgers: Real & Fake
Sandwiches: Pub Club, Grilled chicken
Beer: LOTS!