Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
I think so... was that right before we went on the Sat. ride? as Jozz was finishing up some building? It is fuzzy, but a couple of people took breif spins on it! I am stoked for you! that is really nice looking the way you have it built! :monkeydance:
Thanks! Yes, that's it. Jozz was doing his thing and a friend and I tried your Yeti. We now both have one. :)

See you in July!

:cheers:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Thanks! Yes, that's it. Jozz was doing his thing and a friend and I tried your Yeti. We now both have one. :)

See you in July!

:cheers:
right on! are you going with Jozz out west?

did your friend also get the 575?

great bikes aren't they?

it is good to hear from you! be well and ride that bike in good health!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
right on! are you going with Jozz out west?

did your friend also get the 575?

great bikes aren't they?

it is good to hear from you! be well and ride that bike in good health!
Live from Motel Super 8 in Battle Creek, MI

Team Titus/Yeti :cool:

Attachments

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
How do you like that new Fox helmet?
I cannot tell yet in trail conditions. However, when doing a quick street ride to test the bike before our departure I felt that the helmet a snug fit, for my head, and was very well ventilated. But my comparison is only with the Louis Garneau helmets that are very bad.

We are arriving in Moab Monday evening and riding on Tuesday. I'll be able to tell more after one big ride.

Sylvain (live from Grand Isle, Nebraska)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I cannot tell yet in trail conditions. However, when doing a quick street ride to test the bike before our departure I felt that the helmet a snug fit, for my head, and was very well ventilated. But my comparison is only with the Louis Garneau helmets that are very bad.

We are arriving in Moab Monday evening and riding on Tuesday. I'll be able to tell more after one big ride.

Sylvain (live from Grand Isle, Nebraska)
Awesome!! Keep me posted, i'm in the market for a new helmet (and shoes). Have fun out there!!! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
where's the North Pasture?

"We have taken the trails out by North Pasture off the map this year due to poor conditions and high maintenance issues."

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awesome!! Keep me posted, i'm in the market for a new helmet (and shoes). Have fun out there!!! :thumb:
So far in Moab we've done the Sovereign Trail and today the Slickrock trail. Totally awesome. Especially that it's my first time here and it's completely different from what I'm used (riding NE in forested areas). It's a very odd feeling when you are close to some exposure. It's exciting and scary at the same time. Great fun so far!

As for the helmet, I've had it for those two rides and I still say it's very comfortable. It fits my head like a glove. :) Ventilation is very good and it doesn't move around. I love it so far. I don't know if there is a bike store in your area that carry those Fox helmets but my suggestion would be to try one.

Cheers,
Sylvain

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
So far in Moab we've done the Sovereign Trail and today the Slickrock trail. Totally awesome. Especially that it's my first time here and it's completely different from what I'm used (riding NE in forested areas). It's a very odd feeling when you are close to some exposure. It's exciting and scary at the same time. Great fun so far!

As for the helmet, I've had it for those two rides and I still say it's very comfortable. It fits my head like a glove. :) Ventilation is very good and it doesn't move around. I love it so far. I don't know if there is a bike store in your area that carry those Fox helmets but my suggestion would be to try one.

Cheers,
Sylvain
awesome!

sounds like you guys are having fun!

drink one for us! heck drink a few for us! :monkeydance:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I will be in California on those days Doug, but if anyone wants to ride in the Adirondacks May 26/27/28 I will be driving east to get some trails in.

PM for details.

The Ito

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
We've derailed this thread a couple of times...let's get back on track. Here's the list TreeSaw put together in March. Are we missing anybody or is there anyone who's become a no or a maybe?

So far:
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
BadDNA
berkshire rider
Brungeman
Devy & Isa
HypNoTic
dirtrider2 ???
douglas
Echo
Tweek
Sorgie
gnurider1080
IAB & MBC
ito
johnbryanpeters
Jozz & the super-fast French Quarter dwellers
Jrogers
McGRP01
powernapper & miatagal96 ???
Quo Fan & Big T
Riding
Splat, Mrs. Splat & Peter
TurnerGrl
Veggie Girl
BikeGeek (tentative yes)
GumbaFish ???
hooples3 ???
MMcG ???
pigboy ???
Sandwich ???
Westy ???

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Actually - carpooling would be a huge help. We can talk more about this before, during and/or after a ride sometime.
I HIGHLY suggest carpools wherever possible. I've driven up with multiple passengers in my truck the past two times and it helps everyone cut cost, keeps a couple cars off the road for the weekend (Every little bit helps right?) and having somebody to chat with on the trip seems to help the time pass pretty quick. :thumb:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
So far:
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
BadDNA
berkshire rider
Brungeman
Devy & Isa
HypNoTic
dirtrider2 ???
douglas
Echo
Tweek
Sorgie
gnurider1080
IAB & MBC
ito
johnbryanpeters
Jozz & the super-fast French Quarter dwellers
Jrogers
McGRP01
powernapper & miatagal96 ???
Quo Fan & Big T
Riding
Splat, Mrs. Splat & Peter
TurnerGrl
Veggie Girl
BikeGeek (tentative yes)
GumbaFish ???
hooples3 ???
MMcG ???
pigboy ???
Sandwich ???
Westy ???
Narlus ???

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Speaking of which...Rochester or Buffalo Monkeys heading up there? Echo?

I can drive it, but splitting the cost would be REALLY helpful.

The Ito
There will be at least a couple vehicles going from Rochester, of course we will consolidate as much as possible... I've turned into a total roadie this year, I'm not going to know what to do when I get on a trail with a singlespeed :dead: