Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
looks like a bunch of people will be staying at the lodge. i don't mind camping to give some old, drunk person a comfy place to pass out.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
looks like a bunch of people will be staying at the lodge. i don't mind camping to give some old, drunk person a comfy place to pass out.
Actually it would be safer for a drunk to camp outside... those bunk beds are pretty high... :biggrin:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I thought I was doing OK but I got dropped like a bad habit by the roadie racer geeks on Tuesday. I'm gonna try my luck with them again after work today. Deyv will be here in 6 days, I'm so gonna get pwn3d.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Don't worry about riding shape...it's all about who drinks the most and how soon they puke on the ride ;)

I will be dead by then anyway....I just registered for Cutler solo :help: and I am in horrible riding shape right now too :(

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm officially "tentative" for the July 'fest. :(

My folks rent a beach house at the Outer Banks every summer and it's the one time a year that the entire family gets together. This year's rental runs through the 22nd of July. It's not a big deal to cut out a bit early so I can make it to VT, but that's a lot of time behind the wheel in one week.

I'm not out, but it's iffy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm officially "tentative" for the July 'fest. :(

My folks rent a beach house at the Outer Banks every summer and it's the one time a year that the entire family gets together. This year's rental runs through the 22nd of July. It's not a big deal to cut out a bit early so I can make it to VT, but that's a lot of time behind the wheel in one week.

I'm not out, but it's iffy.
:monkeydance: Sweet!!! If you need to fly (use up some frequent flyer miles or something) & hitch a ride, we are happy to help you out too!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Any particular brand I should keep my eye out for?
:lighten: Well, I am a fan of single malts but some of my favorites are Basil Hayden's, Glenlivet, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, Makers Mark, etc. and I really don't mind trying new things. Yes, I have a problem, but I am one with it and don't plan on changing my habits anytime soon! ;)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm hoping to get a very early start on Friday and spend the afternoon over on the Burke Mountain side with my freeride bike. Hopefully I can convince Turner_girl and Berkshire_Rider they need to do the same, since they're hitching a ride up with me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm hoping to get a very early start on Friday and spend the afternoon over on the Burke Mountain side with my freeride bike. Hopefully I can convince Turner_girl and Berkshire_Rider they need to do the same, since they're hitching a ride up with me.
:think: We could be swayed to bring big bikes too you know ;)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Awwwww....yeah! :monkeydance:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Okay then, Big Bike Friday on Burke Mountain. Get there early and be prepared to get a few new bruises.

Note: This will in no way replace the drunken night ride down Moose Alley...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
There is no way it would cost that much. How could anyone afford to drive a taxi, limo, charter bus, etc. at that rate? I had a roommate years ago that had his own limo service and he didn’t pay that much. With that rate the insurance on a school bus would be $270,000 a year per bus!
Buses don't generally deliberately drive someone to the top of a mountain where they could seriously maim themselves on the way down... ;)

And you are guilty of taking me seriously :D

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Hmmm...let's see....YEAH, I'M IN !!!! I've already got the day marked for vacation. Just let me know what time the big blue bus is coming through Auburn. :biggrin:

Hey Berkshire Rider, you're more than welcome to leave your vehicle at my house if you want.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Hmmm...let's see....YEAH, I'M IN !!!! I've already got the day marked for vacation. Just let me know what time the big blue bus is coming through Auburn. :biggrin:

Hey Berkshire Rider, you're more than welcome to leave your vehicle at my house if you want.
I've also got plenty of room for vehicles at my place.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Okay then, Big Bike Friday on Burke Mountain. Get there early and be prepared to get a few new bruises.

Note: This will in no way replace the drunken night ride down Moose Alley...
Hmmm...sounds interesting. I might be game for this, even though I won't have any real idea until the date approaches. I decided to actually build up my DH bike this year...got my '07 66 SL ATA in the mail yesterday....

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
:thumb: I will keep that in mind. We may have a record turn-out for this year's monkeyfest!

Also, I am taking dinner, snack & breakfast suggestions...I get to decide the cake :)
I vote to keep it simple, you should have plenty of time to have fun yourself.

How about a pasta bake or something similar that can be prepared ahead of time for Friday night, the egg and cheese sammies are a safe bet for both mornings I think, and plenty of fruit, granola, etc for snacking seems to work as well and we can't forget the Pub Outback for Saturday night.