Quantcast

2009 EVIL Revolt: T-minus 10... 9... 8...

NorthWest

Chimp
Feb 11, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Anyone have photos of the anodized black frames that are supposed to be coming in this week or next? I'm curious if the finish is going to be matte or polished (probably matte eh? like every other ano frame). If the frame is super black I'm going to oreder up a black Boxxer to go with it. All about color coordination!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
It is a bead blast ano (ie. matte/satin). Polished ano is super sweet, but super hard to pull off on an entire suspension frame. It's better suited for parts or one-off pro rider stuff.

-ska todd

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Ska Todd, do you have a guestimated shipment time frame for the black XL Revolts? I pre-ordered mine back in early April and have been getting various expected shipment dates from the shop ever since. I'm not trying to give you a hard time as I know things take a while in the bike industry. I'm just really excited about getting this bike built up.

Thanks

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Ska Todd, do you have a guestimated shipment time frame for the black XL Revolts? I pre-ordered mine back in early April and have been getting various expected shipment dates from the shop ever since. I'm not trying to give you a hard time as I know things take a while in the bike industry. I'm just really excited about getting this bike built up.

Thanks
I know that Evil just got a new shipment of frames in and ready to ship. Not sure of color and size though.

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Sweet. It's nice to know that batch two is starting to ship. I was warned that the XL and black frames would ship last. I've always compromised on frames to get good deals so this time I figured it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I just got off the phone and got the good news that I will be building my new Revolt on Saturday so I can ride it at Whistler on Sunday! I would expect to see the RC4 frames in shops in the Northwest next week and working there way out from here soon. I almost didn't post this because I didn't want to ad to the pressure on those guys to get bikes out but I know I'm not the only one who's excited to get mine.

I was also told that the black frames would be in soon but I didn't ask about sizes. I was also told that the Factions will be available soon. I asked about the other upcoming frames but was only told enough to be excited about them.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
i need help finding a spring.........

i had my buddy check QBP, BTI and couldn't find anything in 500x3.19" or 3.25".

the only online retailer that shows that size is Jenson and they are out of stock. other sites have a 500x3" but im thinking that wont work with my 3" stroke shock right?
We usually have every 3" stroke spring rate in stock at Go-ride.com. We are pretty much know for DH items like that. Send an email to sales@go-ride.com and we'll get back to you tomorrow.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
i need help finding a spring.........

i had my buddy check QBP, BTI and couldn't find anything in 500x3.19" or 3.25".

the only online retailer that shows that size is Jenson and they are out of stock. other sites have a 500x3" but im thinking that wont work with my 3" stroke shock right?
BTI has #500 springs from 3 different brands for a 3in stroke shock, all in stock.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just got off the phone and got the good news that I will be building my new Revolt on Saturday so I can ride it at Whistler on Sunday! I would expect to see the RC4 frames in shops in the Northwest next week and working there way out from here soon. I almost didn't post this because I didn't want to ad to the pressure on those guys to get bikes out but I know I'm not the only one who's excited to get mine.

I was also told that the black frames would be in soon but I didn't ask about sizes. I was also told that the Factions will be available soon. I asked about the other upcoming frames but was only told enough to be excited about them.
What is the word on the RC4?

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
Hi All,

A few weeks back, I asked about whether anyone had tried a CCDB on a Revolt (post 365). My Revolt landed on Friday and spent most of the night building it up to ride for Saturday.

I'm pleased to say that the stock CCDB (mine is an 06, serviced in Sept 08 so has new adjusters but the older internals) works great on this bike!

Cheers

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
you cant just move it with your hands when you loosen the bolts? all you need to do with the commencals adjustable headtube sleeve.. loosen, twist, tighten job done

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you cant just move it with your hands when you loosen the bolts? all you need to do with the commencals adjustable headtube sleeve.. loosen, twist, tighten job done
and? on this bike you need a wrench
loosen, twist with wrench, re-tighten, job done.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I got my Revolt built on Saturday with lots (and lots) of help from Kevin, on his birthday even. It now has a light layer of Whistler dust on it and I have a big smile!

My first impression was that this frame/shock was a night and day difference from the IH 7point that I came off of. I'm a hack but I'm also probably pretty close to the target consumer for this bike. I'm a young engineer without a family who can afford a high end frame and appreciates the details. I've raced a bit but I'm right in the middle of the sport group, definately not ready to step up to expert. I ride Whistler whenever I can and local trails when I don't drive north.

The biggest difference that I noticed was how well the bike pedaled. I wasn't expecting it since I've had a DW bike and an FSR Intense and not really spent much time on single pivots. It definately doesn't match with internet engineers and the general dislike for SPs.

The suspension broke in noticeably after 2-4 runs and felt great. I was a bit hesistant to open it up on some of the rougher trails until I got a good feel for the bike and the guys I was riding with weren't to excited about Joyride/Whistler DH/Schleyer so I got lots of laps in on DM and Ninja Cougar. The bike turned much better on NC than I expected for as slack as it is and carried much more speed on A-line and DM than my last bike. It did seem more sensitive to body position when jumping but it has good balance.

The RC4 felt very good but I was paying more attention to the drastic geometry change than the shock to really give any good opinions.

I felt that the rear end was a little looser yesterday than it was last weekend on the same trails but I wouldn't point to the frame on that. Not only did I change frames but I also was running my rear tire harder than normal and Whistler is getting very dry and loose. I did feel much more comfortable with the drifting rear end than I ever did on my 7point.

There were a few tricks to fitting some of the components but all in all the build went pretty well.

A big thanks to Jerry and Zeb at Fluidride for checking it over and of course to Evil bikes for building such a nice frame.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
^^ be careful with the main pivot bolts. the drive side is not clockwise to tighten like the bolt says. busted knuckles might follow if you do

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
That's good to know. There are some tricks to mounting last years LG1 too. I think the LG1+ plays better with the new frame but that will have to wait for a bit.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That's good to know. There are some tricks to mounting last years LG1 too. I think the LG1+ plays better with the new frame but that will have to wait for a bit.
i had to do many test fits for the MRP Mini-G to work, but it worked in the end also.
why do DH bikes never go together easy??

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
^^ be careful with the main pivot bolts. the drive side is not clockwise to tighten like the bolt says. busted knuckles might follow if you do
Yep, we goofed there on the laser etching. I owe you a free trip to the salad bar at the Inn Between and a round of Yings at the T-bar for spotting that one.

-ska todd

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
So I ordered a black Revolt frame and the shop has been telling me "it'll be here next week" for the past 3.

Anybody know when these are shipping? The snow is gone and I need to ride.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
RG - These were due to ship approx 2-3 weeks ago but I held things up a little when I visited the factory about 10 days ago. Things are back on track and black frames have been shipping out to distributors this week. We have white frames in stock again, but they are moving FAST. Once these white ones are gone there will be no more until the fall. If you'd like to get on a white frame have your dealer ring up Gabe or their rep and we can get it shipped out today (as long as we have your size available still).

-ska todd

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
So here is my Revolt with my new fork, a BOS Idylle RaRe. I wish I could say I've been riding it a bunch since I took delivery of the frame over a month ago but work was crazy and I didn't get the fork until today. I haven't rode the bike with the BOS on it yet, but I will on Saturday. Anyways, just a few quick first impressions on riding it last weekend with a Fox 40.

-It pedals awesome. Period. I don't know how or why but it was the first thing I noticed. I have it set up as low and slack as possible too.

-I was really impressed with how easy it was to move the bike around as I was riding various types of terrain. My build is by no means light, probably 40lbs or more.

...More to come with more seat time.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Moving right along. The headtube length is eerily the same as a Sunday...
i actually like the look of the frames with the added brace on the top tube better... cleaner looking line

i knew that was planned to be added to the frames in the fall, but it is cool to see they added it on this production run.