Quantcast

2009 EVIL Revolt: T-minus 10... 9... 8...

irilius

Chimp
May 2, 2008
thats a nice shot...i thought it was pacifica for a sec. anways, you're jealousy is much appreciated and believe me she's going to be happy in my hands - the bike that is...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
thats a nice shot...i thought it was pacifica for a sec. anways, you're jealousy is much appreciated and believe me she's going to be happy in my hands - the bike that is...
where are you based?

irilius

Chimp
May 2, 2008
born in SF, raised in millbrae and bmx'd in san jose. now i'm in daly city so i'm pretty lucky to be close to the trails...have a bottlerocket now (first full suspension) and from tagging along with bigger suspension buddies, i've come to the realization that i'm ready for her.

I'll just name her infidelity from now on to avoid any confusion.

and to keep the feel good going, this thread has been quite informative...so many thanks to all.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
thanks for opportunity...basically i get her a rock and she drops on a frame, and not just any frame i might add. i wonder if she'll allow me to bring the rig up to the altar during our vows?

on the colors, meh, i've done skittles when i was bmxing...so i'm much easier on my eyes now, black/white...all good - and from what i've seen from others on this thread you can't go wrong!
Our vows included that she could get whatever she wanted as long as she let me get whatever bike part that I wanted no matter what. That is why the 303R is around 36lbs.

She will soon be getting a Corsair Maelstrom with CCDB and Totem.

Better than a pre nup since all 200 people heard it and we have it on tape.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
My gfriend told me the other day that she thinks it only fair that I get an "engagement present" as well. :D (maybe that's just her trick to get me to pop the question sooner?)

Oh yeah........the black Revolt looks HOT HOT HOT! Do I have to start a Faction thread when mine shows up? :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
black is a good color for this bike. For all the guys getting this frame as an engagement gift. Don't think you're ever going to be able to sell the frame ;) You're going to be riding this Evil till death do part. :D

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My gfriend told me the other day that she thinks it only fair that I get an "engagement present" as well. :D (maybe that's just her trick to get me to pop the question sooner?)

Oh yeah........the black Revolt looks HOT HOT HOT! Do I have to start a Faction thread when mine shows up? :)

I tried to pull this on my wife (fiance' at the time). She looked at me like I was retarded and said, "You get me."

I told her, "You get me... AND a ring. How is that fair."

She was... displeased... with my statement. :rolleyes:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
thanks for opportunity...basically i get her a rock and she drops on a frame, and not just any frame i might add. i wonder if she'll allow me to bring the rig up to the altar during our vows?

on the colors, meh, i've done skittles when i was bmxing...so i'm much easier on my eyes now, black/white...all good - and from what i've seen from others on this thread you can't go wrong!
I made the same deal. She had to buy me as much gear as the ring cost :)

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Has anyone tried to change a shock out on this bike? With mine but there's a whole lot of lock tight and the black aluminum through bolt on top is stuck in the steel shock bushing. ... on the bottom the steel bushing is rotating around the black aluminum inner piece wearing through the anodizing. The DU bushing is doing nothing because it's seized. I'm hoping with more riding things start to free up.

Anyone else have trouble? or figure out an easy way to change the shock?

Last edited:

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I have had my shock completely off the day that I build my bike up and then had the top bolt out again when I rerouted by brake line and didn't have any problem with it either time. I'm sure Todd will jump in and give you a hand. He's been very helpful with my questions.

If I had my bike nearby I'd check to make sure how it is done but I'm in Utah and my bike is in Washington. :(

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
I have had my shock completely off the day that I build my bike up and then had the top bolt out again when I rerouted by brake line and didn't have any problem with it either time. I'm sure Todd will jump in and give you a hand. He's been very helpful with my questions.

If I had my bike nearby I'd check to make sure how it is done but I'm in Utah and my bike is in Washington. :(
Good to know, so maybe mine is just a fluke. Also are you getting any creaking and squeaking from the linkage? Mine has been extremely loud today. I'm wondering if this is going to be on going issue or if it came out of the factory without grease and it's an easy fix.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Alloy - just prolly have to tap it out some and throw a dab of grease on there. They should have a lil bit from the factory but if you rode in the wet or got at it with a hose it might have washed off. The creakies could be this. Also check your shock spring and adjuster. Sometimes a thin swipe of grease btwn these can cure creaks.

-ska todd

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
so whats everyone using to get the non-drive BB cup off and on? I have a Park BBT9 but that doesnt work at all. i also have a Shimano half-moon BB wrench,TLFC32, but cant get enough torque to take the cup off

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
so whats everyone using to get the non-drive BB cup off and on? I have a Park BBT9 but that doesnt work at all. i also have a Shimano half-moon BB wrench,TLFC32, but cant get enough torque to take the cup off
Make sure you're turning it the right way :)

Also, if you take the shock out and move the swingarm up you can get a bit more leverage/ tool on the bb cup I found. I like the socket type bb removers myself (truvativ, shimano, straitline, etc all make ones that you can attach to a breaker bar / wrench.)

Zombies

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
What size Revolt are you tall guys running?

I'm a touch over 6'2". Large seems a little on the small side so am thinking XL may be a better bet.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I'm 6'2" and on a L w/ Funn stem in the 55mm position. Fits like MJ's glove (not OJ's)

-ska todd

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
quick ?:

Are the logos on the black ano frames laser etched or are they decals?

If they are currently laser-etched, is there any future plans to produce the frames sans laser etched graphics?

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I'm almost positive that the logos on the black ano are decals. Kevin and Todd are pretty excited to be able to offer multiple colors with the frame. The prototypes I've seen did nit have graphics and look good.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
The ano frames are decal also and ship with the same assortment of Skittles colored decal choices. The only lasered logos are on the HT sleeve and on some hardware.

-ska todd

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
anyone have any recommendations to get the rear flip chips out? im a bit hesitant to bang em out, but dont see another way now
I just popped mine out with a light blow from my trusty rubber persuader..

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I just popped mine out with a light blow from my trusty rubber persuader..
did ya use a screwdriver from the back side or did you just smack the front of it?
the last frame was easier, but this one seems a lot tougher

edit: man i coulda made a comment about that "rubber persuader" but i held back. youre welcome

double edit: flips chips are officially super fcking stuck

Last edited: