Quantcast

2009 EVIL Revolt: T-minus 10... 9... 8...

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
go-ride has a CCDB demo deal for $50 w/ shipping including to try a shock for a week...sounds tempting!
yeah i saw that too... but i already bought the shock... and i actually have it installed in my frame... and rode it last weekend... i´m just trying to get a setup to start with and have a shorter trial and error stage...

thanks for you help anyway ;)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah i saw that too... but i already bought the shock... and i actually have it installed in my frame... and rode it last weekend... i´m just trying to get a setup to start with and have a shorter trial and error stage...

thanks for you help anyway ;)
my previous comment was directed towards you...that last one was about me demoing one :D

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
Yes, I emailed them as well but I'm just in panic mode and trying every way I can find since the season is almost over and I'm just trying to get some parts quickly. Not the easiest task since I'm in europe now.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I had one of the linkage bolts that attaches to the rear triangle work its way out on me riding, but it wasnt a bike problem it was my fault. I had been swapping rear springs quite a bit to find what I liked best and didnt tighten the bolt down. It ended up rubbing into the down tube a tiny bit. Got home, tighten it up and its never done it again.

stupid me.

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
Forgot to say, it took Evil 2 days to send me the parts I needed. That is just perfect customer service for you. And when you think about that I'm in Sweden it's just unreal. Other companies should aply for internship at Evil to get a clue about support.

Now back to packing my gear for the weekend.

godfather

Chimp
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, those guys at Evil are pretty awesome. Really go out of their way to take care of their customers.

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
does anyone know if the geometry chart on the evil homepage is correct? because one guy posted the geometry data and they were different from the ones on the homepage.

thanks!

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Kind of a hijack, but does anyone know if the 2010 Revolt will be available with another shock option?

All the threads about the Elka Stage 5 makes me want one.
I really don't think the Elka shock would be a very good production shock for a Revolt since the one of the big selling points to the Elka is that each one is custom built to your application (bike/rider/style) and by making it a production option on a Revolt it's only going to be built to one of those three.

Your best option would be to contact Evil and ask them if it would be possible to buy a frame without a shock or to buy the frame and sell the RC4 and buy the Elka.

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
does anyone have a picture of a small revolt? it would be interesting if 44,5" (evil homepage) is the correct length of the mamimum wheelbase of a small revolt.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I really don't think the Elka shock would be a very good production shock for a Revolt since the one of the big selling points to the Elka is that each one is custom built to your application (bike/rider/style) and by making it a production option on a Revolt it's only going to be built to one of those three.

Your best option would be to contact Evil and ask them if it would be possible to buy a frame without a shock or to buy the frame and sell the RC4 and buy the Elka.

Elka has a shock that is designed for the Evil... I helped test it, and have been on it since July.

It is awesome

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Dave-
I assume it is still intended to be an aftermarket shock and is purchased after the fact and built to order, custom valved for your riding style and weight from a Revolt baseline? If that's the case how would they do a production shock? Maybe it could be sent back at some point after purchase for a revalve or do they intend for it to have a wide enough range of adjustment to suit everyone based on the baseline Revolt tune?

It just seems to me like one of the big selling points is the custom tune and that would be lost if it was a production part that came on the frame from the factory.

I'm not advocating the RC4 as the be all end all shock, more choices are always better for the consumer but from a manufacturers stand point more SKUs to track are challenging and can be a major headache to a shop that's trying to stock frames.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Dave-
I assume it is still intended to be an aftermarket shock and is purchased after the fact and built to order, custom valved for your riding style and weight from a Revolt baseline? If that's the case how would they do a production shock? Maybe it could be sent back at some point after purchase for a revalve or do they intend for it to have a wide enough range of adjustment to suit everyone based on the baseline Revolt tune?

It just seems to me like one of the big selling points is the custom tune and that would be lost if it was a production part that came on the frame from the factory.

I'm not advocating the RC4 as the be all end all shock, more choices are always better for the consumer but from a manufacturers stand point more SKUs to track are challenging and can be a major headache to a shop that's trying to stock frames.
probably a question best answered by Pat at Elka.

My shock was built around the Revolt's leverage ratio, and I am not sure how far from that base line things were changed for my weight and compression prefs.

I guess what I was trying to say is that a Elka has all the data they need from the folks at Evil to build you a shock and they have done some testing on the revolt so it is possible to buy one aftermarket.

i think i missed that you were looking for and Elka to be an OEM option.

kOlsen

Monkey
Dec 23, 2007
Norway, Scandinavia
probably a question best answered by Pat at Elka.

My shock was built around the Revolt's leverage ratio, and I am not sure how far from that base line things were changed for my weight and compression prefs.

I guess what I was trying to say is that a Elka has all the data they need from the folks at Evil to build you a shock and they have done some testing on the revolt so it is possible to buy one aftermarket.

i think i missed that you were looking for and Elka to be an OEM option.

I was the guy that started this question in this thread. Thanks for the info. It was a little misunderstanding from my side.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I'm not looking for the Elka as an OEM option, I was trying to justify why it isn't. I don't know that it makes sense to offer everyone's choice of shock as OEM but maybe the RC4 and either a cheaper shock or no shock to allow the end consumer to buy whatever they want after the sale.

I know that the original idea was to put the frame into the customer's hands as close to correctly tuned as possible and Evil loses some control over that by not selling the frame with a shock that is matched to it.

My LBS has a Revolt hanging on the wall unbuilt with a CCDB on it. I assume they pulled the RC4 off at arrival and put the CCDB on there to be sold that way instead.

PS Dave-I sent you a PM

Last edited:

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
is there anyone who has ridden both, a santa V10 and a revolt?? would be interesting to compare these 2!