Quantcast

2009 Manitou Dorado

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Apparently available now?

Who's got one? :)
Yes, they are available. The only problem is Manitou may have already sold all of them for 2009. Two of my Team mates have been racing on one and love it. The rest of our team will have theirs by late Feb.

If you’re wanting one or want to learn more about it, call up David Lee at the Hayes Group. If there are any more available he can point you in the right direction to get one.

Cecil

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
Just a little update... we are not sold out for 2009 we are just sold out for our first production run! We will be producing more. If you have any questions just call HBG 888-686-3472

Dave,

Last edited:

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
Hey Dave

Can you post the specs of the final production model, including price, weight and adjustments?

Thanks
We will have media info out soon! I am not here to release media info I am just making sure the threads have the correct info. Jeff if you need more info you know who to contact.

Dave,

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
i certainly do hope these new dorados will be better supported than the X works back in 04...

i'll never ever touch an answer/hayes product again because of that experience

rant over.

i certainly like the look of the new Dorado!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
i certainly do hope these new dorados will be better supported than the X works back in 04...

i'll never ever touch an answer/hayes product again because of that experience

rant over.

i certainly like the look of the new Dorado!
I know its hard, and after just 2-3 years of working in a bike shop there are some companies I never want to touch again because of CS, I respect that you got sh1t service and don't want to deal with that again, but I've actually been pretty impressed with manitou. I'm running an evolver, which is nothing short of fantastic, and I've been very impressed with their CS. They've gone above and beyond I think every company I've ever dealed with, with the possible exception of chris canfield and malcom at cane creek. If I had the money for one I'd consider it, sadly 2800 is a bit out of my price range :busted:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
chris and lance are awesome you're right :)
never dealt with cane creek.

the old x works dorado was my only experience with manitou so maybe they do better now and/or i just had bad luck.

anyways back then i paid 1700 bucks for a fork that never worked, for about 6 months they weren't even admitting that there was a problem...
when they finally admited there was a problem they tried to fix it without sucess then i was sent from one distributor to the next.

at last I gave up and bought something else.

ah whatever sorry for bringing that **** back up it's old news i learned my lesson.
i guess i wont get a new dorado for free ;)
everybody have fun with your forks :)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Every Manitou fork I've had has been junk, and I can say that without any exaggeration.

BUT

Everybody deserves a second chance. Look at the changes Hayes has made. The new brakes are better then the old ones, and I have faith and think they will continue to improve. Thats not to say they are the best out there, but they are getting better, and thats reason enough to keep an eye on them.

I would say the same of Manitou. I will wait and see what they have actually put out, rather then just assuming they are going to be the Manitou of old.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Manitou has had some pretty spectacular duds. From the Xworks to SPV. But they've also had some really good stuff - evolver ISX-6, Revox, Nixon TPC+. I'm certainly not gonna be a first gen buyer for this fork, but I'll consider it down the line if I get a chance to ride one and they turn out to be stiff/reliable and ride well! Anyway, useless information nobody cares about /over

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I had a Manitou 2 that was complete crap! The elastomers cracked and made the fork useless after 10 rides.

The Swinger 6 way that I used one time was far from spectacular.

I would give the Dorado a shot if it gets some good feedback

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hey guys just want to say that im one of the riders who has been racing on 1 of the dorados out here in fontana. i have to say im very impressed with the fork and so is my team mate jason memmelaar. the dorado doesnt have any "guess work" in it as jason would say. it goes through the breakin bumps so smooth you dont even realize your riding through them. the TPC is incredible and has soooo much dampening, and you have tons of adjustments! well thats just a little info for now... :biggrin:

dennis-88e

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
have ridden it lots, love it. no diving under braking. adjustability is good. tracks awesome in rock gardens. durability is great. front end stays glued to the ground if you know how to set up a fork with BOTH high and low speed compression.

Hey UIUIUIUIUUI, you ARE aware that the Manitou from 2004 is gone right? You DO know that Hayes bought the brand and have established their own production right? You ARE aware that of the current forks Manitou offer, the old Manitou peeps/prfactory has NOTHING to do with them right? Give it a rest until you've actually had time on ANY of the NEW Manitou stuff. Manitou is the same in the NAME ONLY. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
have ridden it lots, love it. no diving under braking. adjustability is good. tracks awesome in rock gardens. durability is great. front end stays glued to the ground if you know how to set up a fork with BOTH high and low speed compression.

/QUOTE]

how do you know anything about the durability? its hardly been out long enough to know that

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Manitou is the same in the NAME ONLY.
Well hopefully they kept all of the knowledge and at least some of the experience. As much as I disliked the manitou of old, it would be idiotic to start completely from scratch.

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
[/quote]how do you know anything about the durability? its hardly been out long enough to know that[/QUOTE]

He has #15 if I remember correctly so that would mean that he has had it since last May/June time frame.