Quantcast

2009 Manitou Dorado

Jun 16, 2008
YA!!!! I did hear something about that my freind bought one for $1500 idk about full amounts of them but he also knows someone at hayes/ manitou its a sweet fork and doesnt leak at all and feels even better than a fox 40

really light too not the claimed 6.7 tho about 7.5 pounds

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
really light too not the claimed 6.7 tho about 7.5 pounds[/QUOTE]

Hi, Just weighed the 2009 one on the postal and was 6.30lbs with full length steer/tallcrown/guards/axle so on...

Dave

Jun 16, 2008
idk but my freind has one on his yeti and it came in on a bathroom scale at 7.5 so its prob not acurate about 1 pound aint gonna make a diffence

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
YA!!!! I did hear something about that my freind bought one for $1500 idk about full amounts of them but he also knows someone at hayes/ manitou its a sweet fork and doesnt leak at all and feels even better than a fox 40

really light too not the claimed 6.7 tho about 7.5 pounds

someone care to translate this for me?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I touched one last weekend. It wasn't on a bike, but I could tell it was super plush in the small stuff and basically bottomless on the big hits. Just from looking at it I could also tell it was super stiff in all directions and that it will be trouble-free for years. And, despite the dual crowns, it will be wicked awesome for bars spins and tailwhips.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
hope they've worked the bugs out on those a bit. From what I heard Matti and Kovarik's first impression was 'take these off my bike right now.' hopefully manitou learned a thing or two from the '04 SPV Dorado which they released to factory racers and the public alike with almost no real testing. we all know how well that turned out.

the damper on the original dorado was fantastic. I would love a TPC+ Boxxer

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I had an o5 TPC+ Dorado and loved it. It was a little heavy but I really like that fork. My buddy has my old one. I should try to get it back. It would be fun to tinker with.

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
From what i understand, all the bugs are being worked out as we speak and the Dorado will be in testing til Jan 1. which is est. release date.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Shimano should buy Manitou from HB and let HB just kinda slowly rot and then execute the awesome prototypes into production --ok after proper engineering from the Japones. Norcal testing(?) next weekend, methinks.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
My old Dorado I ran on the Turner DHR was great when it work right. Still today one of the best feeling forks I have owned. I just had problems with it only getting 4"s of its travel over the 7" it had.

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
My old Dorado I ran on Turner DHR was great when it work right. Still today one of the best feeling forks I have owned. I just had problems with it only getting 4"s of its travel over the 7" it had.
agreed. if they made TPC+ conversion kits for the Boxxer I'd be the first guy in line. My '03 Dorado is still one of the best feeling forks i ever owned, and was even better when i learned of a few internal adjustments that could be made but were never publicized by Manitou. Great damper, iffy fork.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
From what i understand, all the bugs are being worked out as we speak and the Dorado will be in testing til Jan 1. which is est. release date.
Just like the Stance forks? And the Nixons? And the Shermans with SPV? :0

Just teasin a bit. :)

The reality is, it would be great to see Manitou make a comeback, as really right now the only two good companies out there are Fox and RockSHox. marz seems to have slipped away in QC, White Bros have dissapeared entirely (thats what it feels like anyways), and Kowa is just coming around and a mystery at this point.

It would be nice if Manitou could finally step up and be a competitive brand, and give riders another fork to choose from. Competition can only benefit the riders.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I thought Heath was on a Tomac program this year? :brow:

-ska todd
he wasn't too psyched on the bike when i last talked to him (too big), i think his swingarm might have been developing some cracks as well.. A certain kenda-tomac rider isn't a big fan of his either (also said it was 'too big').

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
he wasn't too psyched on the bike when i last talked to him (too big), i think his swingarm might have been developing some cracks as well.. A certain kenda-tomac rider isn't a big fan of his either (also said it was 'too big').
That's what I learn from being off the bike for a month plus.

-ska todd

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I touched one last weekend. It wasn't on a bike, but I could tell it was super plush in the small stuff and basically bottomless on the big hits. Just from looking at it I could also tell it was super stiff in all directions and that it will be trouble-free for years. And, despite the dual crowns, it will be wicked awesome for bars spins and tailwhips.
Word...

Jun 16, 2008
Well my friends is the same as that one, it leaks tho but very little. Just enough oil to make the stanctions smooth. The fork DOESNT have as good of a compression as the 40 rc2 non the less the fork does track better and the rebound is insane

Jun 16, 2008
He also smakked the **** out of his compression knob on a rock its ok tho he just took some steel wool and cut it to fit over the knob.....GOOD AS NEW

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
How did your friend get to test prototype Dorado forks, and can he form sentences better than you?

Jun 16, 2008
I cant say cause I dont know how but he did...im getting ride of my fox 40 when they come out or maybe ill buy his from him?? Ha jk i love my 40

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I have a buddy riding one now who works for Hayes/Manitou. He gave me a MSRP and lets just say it's just insane.

But on the other hand, he is riding one right now. He says after riding a WC Boxxer, WC 888, and a 40, this is by far the best feeling one he has used. He also said that the flex from the previous Dorado is fixxed, and he quotes, "stiff as hell".

Hope that helps.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
©2001;3001259 said:
why do you need a set? do you have more than one DH bike?
No, he just has heard of Manitou's reputation and is planning in advance to need the back-up.

-ska todd

dirtdigger

Monkey
Mar 18, 2007
N.zud
©2001;3001259 said:
why do you need a set? do you have more than one DH bike?

sorry, i couldn't help it
yes i have more than one DH bike but no wouldn't put them on, just have them on the coffee table as a talking piece perhaps??

would bring more mates round than a hot sister