Quantcast

2009 Manitou Dorado

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
man this topic has gotten knowhere
Hey man can you post a pick of your demo? I want to see how you have it set up with the 40 and all. What brakes are you running?

Could you put something in the pic so that we know it is your demo? Like a sign that says "Hi Ridemonkey, check out my sweet Demo. IDK, LOL."

Thanks Bro!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
idk, my bff jill?

looks good. I like upside down forks. I hope it comes with nachos and is made by a company besides manitou. I didn't even know they still made forks. I thought they quit. Nobody rides a travis unless they have to. Why the hell did they call their fork a travis? I hope they call the next one Ronald, or Larry. Entirely made of cheese and hairspray, following the manibro tradition.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I ride a Travis and rather like it. I bought it as a temporary fork and like it enough to keep riding it.

When it craps out on me I'll replace it with something different like a Boxxer. Shouldn't take long from what I've heard. LOL IDK BFF WTF ROTFLMAO.

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
Ok, here is a couple pic of my fork... have any questions please ask me or a rider that actually has one so we have no confusion on this new 2009 Manitou Dorado.

Sorry after seeing what i posted horrible pics... i will do better after i learn to do how-to ridemonkey 101!

Attachments

Last edited:

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
howd you get it?
i figure your some kinda tester or what not since your running Stroker Aces..
how does it feel?
whats the weight?
1 question at a time...

I do work for HBG
I so far like the feel, not a lot of time on it to justified
I weighed it to be 6.3

Dave

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
hbgcs.
im figuring that means.
hayes bicycle group customer service.

should have noted that before
haha

looks sick. i have always wanted a gold label. love my stroker too.
dorado looks gnarly too i like it

mike@HBG

Chimp
Sep 16, 2007
Ok, here is a couple pic of my fork... have any questions please ask me or a rider that actually has one so we have no confusion on this new 2009 Manitou Dorado.

Sorry after seeing what i posted horrible pics... i will do better after i learn to do how-to ridemonkey 101!
OK, I see your 09 Dorado/Diablo and raise you a 09 Dorado and a 303!!!:biggrin:

Sorry D. I JUST had to!!!!:cheers:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado

Is this who I think it is?

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
i'm still waiting for those Dorados to be released to Joe Schmoe... When are they coming out so i can get my hands on one? XD

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
No, he just has heard of Manitou's reputation and is planning in advance to need the back-up.

-ska todd
haha

damn, thinking back to my dorado X works i will never ever touch a manitou product again. At least not in its first year of production.

worst fork ever + worst customer service ever...

ok and on a positive note: the fork looks nice hopefully it will live up to the expectations and its pricetag.
But i will not be a paying crash test dummy... err. customer.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
haha

damn, thinking back to my dorado X works i will never ever touch a manitou product again. At least not in its first year of production.

worst fork ever + worst customer service ever...

ok and on a positive note: the fork looks nice hopefully it will live up to the expectations and its pricetag.
But i will not be a paying crash test dummy... err. customer.
Some newer products are much better than ppl say (like travis, evolver - my old man uses them and he is more than happy with them. Travis works very nice) but still their CS freaks me out. They seem to answer mails at random. Local distributor had no answers to his mails for months while my friend written the same question to them and got and immediate answer.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I just made a call yesterday and spoke with a very informative guy about my Travis. It seems like HBG as a whole is making a strong effort to turn the corner and start providing great CS.

There's been some stories of great CS coming from the Hayes Brakes tent at many of the events.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Not everybody lives in US and is lucky enough to have a big enough distributor to be listened by manitou.

Jun 16, 2008
Here's a pic of my demo for those who wanted it dont hate me for it im not trying to destroy this thread: for ROTLAMO or whatever

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Cool, thanks for doing that. No offense, it's just that you talk/type like a retarded 12 year old and you have very few posts so I wanted to make sure that you at least had the gear that you said you had.

Why the hell do you want to buy it if you think your 40 is better? IDK WTF UR problem is.

Jun 16, 2008
Well I type fast so thats the problem im 15 and am racing this bike at NORTHSTAR tomorrow in JR X ill post on here how it goes. I love my 40 but I used to race Motocross and Arenacross and Loved the inverted design.

My freinds dorado the new proto I can do corners the same except when on my 40 the compression is unbelieveable and i can jump rock gardens and just have alot easier time skimming stuff the dorado just wasnt as " Dialed " as my 40 and of course my freind weighs 25 pounds less than me

I do infact want one I broke 2 old red ones cause they would loose the oil and bottom out bad and I broke one bottoming it out on a rock garden. They were awesome tho except for the oil loss =(

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
No man, I was kind of kidding. I'd love the opportunity to beta test them at Snowshoe this week but since they have no idea who I am I doubt that would happen.