Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
its still a evolution of the 360.
they finally moved the 7speed dual clutch from the California into the 360/430/458. they should have put the 7speed into the 430 Scuderia or the 16M.
too bad the 458 wont have Ferrari's KERS system in it until 2011 or 2012

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I was looking at this earlier today. From some angles it almost looks like a cross between the 360 and the Enzo.
it is.

the 360 is the base starting point for the 360/430 and this new car, the 458. it has Enzo inspired rear wheel flares as well as the rear bumper

Looks damn nice but for something with all out performance a $13,000 motorcycle has better specs.
thats a horrible comparison.
of course a motorcycle will have better specs on paper, but will the motorcycle turn better than a supercar? no
not even a Ducati or Bimoto can match a Ferrari's overall supercarness

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
it is.

the 360 is the base starting point for the 360/430 and this new car, the 458. it has Enzo inspired rear wheel flares as well as the rear bumper

thats a horrible comparison.
of course a motorcycle will have better specs on paper, but will the motorcycle turn better than a supercar? no
not even a Ducati or Bimoto can match a Ferrari's overall supercarness
Bimota for one, more then a few have 180hp per liter, and any fat tool can drive a car fast.

Sorry, I am a two wheel person.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Bimota for one, more then a few have 180hp per liter, and any fat tool can drive a car fast.

Sorry, I am a two wheel person.
and? as much as a love Bimoto's, they are still no Ferrari or any other supercar.
an yes a fat tool can drive a car fast in a straight line, but throw in a left or a right and they are proper fvcked

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
127hp per LITER

12.5:1 compression ratio

570hp @ 9,000rpm

:eek:

:drool:
ok......whoopee

617hp 2.9L single turbo VR6 on race gas 212hp per L
450hp 2.9L single turbo VR6 pump gas 155 hp per L

it's a shame the head didn't like to stay on the engine.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ferarri makes more money from selling paraphenellia than cars (aka selling overpriced crap to suckers who could never afford an actual car).

They are a marketing firm that coincidentally makes really fast cars.

Discuss.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Ferarri makes more money from selling paraphenellia than cars (aka selling overpriced crap to suckers who could never afford an actual car).

Discuss.
True, what's to discuss?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
no...just that the numbers are not impressive.
you could get those numbers from a Honda too or any other heavily modified car. comparing a race prepped car to a supercar or hypercar is silly
the hp per liter numbers dont mean anything.

i like VW VR's, but im more of a Tifoso than anything

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you could get those numbers from a Honda too or any other heavily modified car. comparing a race prepped car to a supercar or hypercar is silly
the hp per liter numbers dont mean anything.
it was a street car.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
performance arguments aside... what blows me away is that the front dams on this car actually morph as the car goes faster. its a shape-memory alloy in a car... :shocked:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville

Discuss.
The Italian counterpart to Hardley Ableson?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA

Discuss.
Gotta love their business model though...

We build cars to race cars.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
really think we just need a good set of unchanged well written rules for once in F1. Then let it trickle down to the production cars.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
ok......whoopee

617hp 2.9L single turbo VR6 on race gas 212hp per L
450hp 2.9L single turbo VR6 pump gas 155 hp per L

it's a shame the head didn't like to stay on the engine.
127hp/L NA is fairly impressive...anyone can bolt a giant turbo to a breathless engine like the VR and make massive numbers with a sh!tty curve.

I'm interested to see the torque curve and maintenance specs on the motor in this thing. That and this is the first Ferrari in awhile I've been aesthetically fond of.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You guys crack me up. A bunch of dudes on a bike site arguing about the performance of these cars as if they would actually ever get to drive one or, if that happened, approach the limits. Like, last year's Ferrari just wasn't quite fast enough. :rolleyes:

That said, super sexy lines, for the most part. Love the rear fender/wheel bulges. Not so crazy about the tail light treatment, or the silly LED's up front.