Quantcast

2011 East Coast Downhill schedule

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
sooo is pkills races set in stone?
Race dates are set except for the Finals in Late October. A few dates will be enhanced with the possible addition of UCI points, the ProGRT and the GES, which will be announced soon. Another one or two very special race/events will also be added, trust me you'll not want to miss them.

At Plattekill Bike Park we support racers and will continue our Contingency Plan with CASH payouts to CAT 1 as well as PRO racers.

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
If any of you have the chance go to one of the races at hawksnest, it's well worth the trip.

Thanks for the props man...hopefully we can get a few more tracks laid in and it will be even better. I know it sucks to travel so far and only ride the race track, especially since its short.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
^^

Except that it is one of the best tracks in the area, and the new ones will be entirely different while still being similarly awesome!

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
I think we'll hear from fisher about the Mount snow series in a week or 2. I know they have been busy with the Dew Tour in town. I for one would love to have a series at mount snow seeing as its very close to me. Its too bad it rained at every race last year.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
updated with tentative Gravity East dates.

if the list is too confusing, let me know. hope it helps everyone out

Last edited:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Steve you have Whiteface listed twice for the same weekend, plus is there any way we can request this be a sticky

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i hope there are a few more races so the i can upgrade to cat one :( im glad only i only need 8 (i think) for ges.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Diablo updated their site with the 2010 dates...

May 8, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #1 Giant Slalom
May 9, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #1 Downhill
June 26, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #2 Giant Slalom
June 27, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #2 Downhill
August 7, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #3 Giant Slalom
August 8, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #3 Downhill
September 25, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #4 Giant Slalom
September 26, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #4 Downhill
October 23, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #5 Giant Slalom
October 24, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #5 Downhill

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Diablo updated their site with the 2010 dates...

May 8, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #1 Giant Slalom
May 9, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #1 Downhill
June 26, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #2 Giant Slalom
June 27, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #2 Downhill
August 7, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #3 Giant Slalom
August 8, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #3 Downhill
September 25, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #4 Giant Slalom
September 26, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #4 Downhill
October 23, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #5 Giant Slalom
October 24, 2010 Diablo Gravity Series #5 Downhill
and im stuck in JR. Again :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
no but you can "move" up (hint,hint,hint,hint)
yea yea yea I get it. I was a fat lazy bum last year. I'm already in better shape than I was at any point last season, but that's not saying much :busted:

Besides, the complaint was about being stuck in junior class and not being in the normal adult class.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
ummm I'm gonna name it off the top of my head right now and call it The High Country Cup.

We're trying to make this a sick southeast destination that will be a worthwhile roadtrip option for mid-atlantic and NE peeps as well. The high country of NC has some of the burliest mountains in the east and one of them is soon to be covered in nasty DH trails.

Yep.

Along with Beech's races and all the trails in the area. That area is definitely a destination.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
uh, you can't just arbitrarily change your age. ;):p
true.... but I believe he is 18 - and since he won the overall diablo JR series in 2009 - why not race the pro division at diablo for 2010 instead of being stuck in the Junior field

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
no one is ever stuck anywhere - there are always choices - it is only a question of, are you ready to make them!
Acording to dialo "the age group you race in is determined by your age as of the first domination race, i got screwed into junior last year, and looks like ill get stuck again.

As for the pro class, dont think im ready to do that, i cant even beat yuroshek. I think im going to have a hard time in adult. (if people race consistently)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Last year i figured 18 would move up to AM adult, found out VIA a hasty email that i was slightly wrong for signing up for adult. My fault didnt read, w.e. This year I figured for sure i could move up, until reading in another thread that the age group you race in is determined by the first diablo race, if it was AFTER the USO i would be in Adult, but since it is BEFORE the us open, im stuck in JR.

Just using the people in AM senior this year, i would have been 2nd to yuroshek, Not by skill, but by inconsistency. I would not have gotten higher than 5th (if i recall correctly) on ANY of the DH races because the adult guys are pretty quick, However, most of them raced 1 or two races, leaving them way behind in the points, I am probably going to be faster next year but i dont think i will be ANYWHERE near pro level.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last year i figured 18 would move up to AM adult, found out VIA a hasty email that i was slightly wrong for signing up for adult. My fault didnt read, w.e. This year I figured for sure i could move up, until reading in another thread that the age group you race in is determined by the first diablo race, if it was AFTER the USO i would be in Adult, but since it is BEFORE the us open, im stuck in JR.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

That's kind of a weird determination. Especially since there is a reasonable probability that the first dominion race won't fall on the exact same day of the calendar year.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Thats why using your age as of the end of the year, as your racing age makes so much sense.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But the real question is when will someone put on a race at Windrock to make all these blabbering northies bleed blood into the soil of the South?
Instead of blabbering for someone to put on a race, why don't you step up to the plate and get the ball rolling yourself? :clue:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
But the real question is when will someone put on a race at Windrock to make all these blabbering northies bleed blood into the soil of the South?
wUrd. A race down windmill would be solid. For once a Dh race that wasn't just a sprint. I never timed myself down that but it felt somewhere around 11 minutes if I did non-stop. What are pro times down that? ~9-10min?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Instead of blabbering for someone to put on a race, why don't you step up to the plate and get the ball rolling yourself? :clue:
Because I live almost 3 hours away thanks to a rock slide on I-40 that's got it shut down. google map "Asheville, NC to Oliver Springs, TN" Google Maps shows I-40 as dead ending in Waynesville, NC.

Even without the rock slide, I'm a hellions 2+ hours away. profro lives at the doorstep. Am I not allowed to encourage? ;)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
wUrd. A race down windmill would be solid. For once a Dh race that wasn't just a sprint. I never timed myself down that but it felt somewhere around 11 minutes if I did non-stop. What are pro times down that? ~9-10min?
I used to time myself on the old version which was slightly shorter but more tech and it took my around 8 minutes.