Quantcast

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
I don't think Mass is going to be USAC we will see?
I am wondering why Kite thinks it wouldn't be a good spot for a first DH race?
I think it is one of the best spots for a first race, def. one of the easiest technical
races on the eastcoast in my eyes.
Just to clear things up I feel the need to help folks qualify for NC.
We have not filled out the permits for USAC. (But I plan it)

We are planning VA State Championship so you guys can qualify.

The OPEN class will hang in along with Hardtail.

Working with Bikereg for 2011 but not open yet. Prices subject to change.

Hope all of you will travel to VA one more time.

Prize List will include CASH
$500.00 Winner for PRO Women and Men

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
As I was afraid of it appears this "National Championship" is not on the UCI Calendar. www.uci.ch

I am speechless and very disappointed. I have always been a big supporter of USAC but guys if this is true, someone failed miserably. Yes the xc and other disiplines are inscribed and held within the UCI "window" for National Championship events. But not gravity.

I can only hope there is something in the works to correct this
Something tells me they simply have updated their website in a long time...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Not so sure about that. The US National Championships is outside of the 2 week mandatory UCI window for such events. There may be no option.
That is likely what will happen.

Know what sucks? There are ProTour road teams that have been getting last minute licenses and shuffling stuff around over the last few weeks.
Way, way, way behind that deadline.

It's a damn sad state of affairs...
IIRC don't some of the Oceania nations have special dispensation for national championship dates?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

Know what sucks? There are ProTour road teams that have been getting last minute licenses and shuffling stuff around over the last few weeks.
Way, way, way behind deadline.

Well, USAC announced the gravity location WAY after the xc location.
It could just be a paperwork issue.
Or maybe the deadline does not mean anything, like "mandatory racer meetings" at local races. :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Way, way, way behind that deadline.

IIRC don't some of the Oceania nations have special dispensation for national championship dates?
Not really, there is 2 weeks north of the equator, and 2 weeks south.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
not gonna read through this entire post, so i'll just say don't read too much into the "not listed on the UCI website" deal. UCI is off the back with some updates there as well. Last time i checked (although it wasn't recent), they still had Northstar listed as a UCI cat 2 event for 4x. It will not be. only DH will be a UCI event.

as far as being "outside" the 2nd week of July date,... this is kinda one of the benefits of being on a lower tier. we can adjust dates accordingly if needed. it's not mandatory to be set on a certain date for DH (which is good since most of the support trucks will be at the XC champs.) not saying that this date is ideal... far from. i know they were looking for options towards the middle of the season, but i guess it didn't work out

i don't deal anything with national champs other than give some thought from time to time,... so i can't really answer many questions here.