Quantcast

2011 NFL Thread

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Did you watch the Pats game? The defense looked pretty good. They were swarming on the line and it seemed like every series had at least one negative play. Albeit it was against a marginal offense but this is the same offense that chewed up Pittsburg's #1 defense to the tune of 447 yards. Plus, Denver came in ranked #1 in rushing. And unless the Giants make it the Pats could hoist the trophy without playing a top tier offense.
I did watch it, and I think the pats defensive stats are skewed because they typically play with a lead and you let a lot of yards pile up that way playing deep zones and prevent situations. Points allowed is the measurement I prefer to go by, and even then the pats allowed a lot of points they may not have normally allowed by playing with a lead. But Zone coverages are also Tebow's biggest struggles. So it kind of played into their hands.

Giants have a real chance of winning again, In all reality I think they are a better team than the 49'ers, but the 49'ers are playing good football.

Pat's can out score the ravens, and I think the raven's offense struggles more against the pat's d, then the pat's offense struggles against the ravens D.

Aug 23, 2011
Pats over Ravens-Shuld be Steelers vs Pats but ohh well.
Gaints over 49ers-All you 9er fans can shut your mouths again!

Gaints win superbowl 34-28

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
What a game.

Was hoping that it would have been Baltimore vs Green bay. Potent offense vs Potent Defense. That got thrown out last week.

Last edited:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
The Pats got lucky. The Evans had that ball and let it be knocked away. The Ravens defense is aging I think this was there last shot. Look for the Texens to be in the Super Bowl next year better defense and hopefully a healthy QB

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I was looking forward to the superbowl this year, then I heard that madonna's the half time show. Will just follow the game online now instead of watch it on the television.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I was hoping the Giants win but now if they do then all we'll hear for the next two weeks is that it will be the rematch of Superbowl XLII.

At this point I'll just be rooting for any team that can beat the Pats.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ugh, now i have to listen to all my friends who are Giants fan for at least another two weeks

tynes apparently thought he just won the super bowl

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was looking forward to the superbowl this year, then I heard that madonna's the half time show. Will just follow the game online now instead of watch it on the television.
Crazy outside-the-box thought here: Change the channel during halftime. :lighten:

LOL @ San Fran.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I hate when good games end with stupid mistakes.

That feild goal should have been made to send the game to overtime, poor execution. Clearly.
That fumble in overtime should have never happened, he should have never muffed the first kick. Took the fun right out of both games, which were good up until then.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I guess I'll be pulling for New England in the Super Bowl though I will not be disappointed to see the Giants win.

Good luck to the Giants in hoping Tom Brady plays a second bad game in a row.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so... since the new season hasn't started yet... anyone catch wind of the bounty scandal that broke over the weekend and already has 4 teams alleged as doing this?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not surprising at all. its been happening in football since it started. im sure every team is always looking to get a injured key player or just a key player in general.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
definitely not surprising, still kinda pathetic. granted, the risks of physical injury come with the territory for the sport, i think the bigger problem here is that players are being offered financial rewards specifically for causing enough harm to other players that they need to be taken out of the game.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Seems to have just followed around Gregg Williams. I'm not sure it's a systemic problem, just one guy who thinks this is the way to motivate his players.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i bet the whistle blower feels proud of himself
The NFL announced Wednesday that New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton will be suspended for one season without pay for his involvement in the team's bounty program. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis has been suspended for eight games. Former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has been suspended indefinitely.

The team has also been fined $500,000 and will have to give up its second-round picks in the 2012 and 2013 NFL Drafts.

In addition, Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt has been suspended without pay for the first six games of the 2012 season.

Payton's suspension is without pay. It will begin April 1. Loomis' suspension will be for the first eight games of the 2012 season.

The NFL revealed March 2 the findings of a lengthy investigation into a Saints "bounty" program that gave thousands of dollars in payoffs to players for hits that knocked opponents out of games. The program, administered by then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, reached its height in 2009, the season the Saints won the Super Bowl.

The program ran in violation of league rules, and the investigation showed that Saints players received $1,500 for a "knockout" hit and $1,000 for a "cart-off" hit, with payouts doubling or tripling during the team's three playoff appearances.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c0dd9/article/nfl-suspends-saints-coach-payton-for-one-year-without-pay?module=HP11_headline_stack

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
football needs to bring back the days when clotheslining and horse collaring someone was okay....the Butkus era
it's all fun and games until after one hit you're knocked into full retard land for life.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How's everyone doing in the draft?

Bills took a pretty good corner. I was surprised at the pick, but it's hard to ever argue with a good CB with the league the way it is. Buffalo has gone all-in on defense this year, that's for sure. I hope they can pick up a good offensive tackle to give Fitzpatrick a little breathing room.

Pats traded up in the draft. TWICE. WTF? That's pretty out of character for them :confused:. Good picks, though, to help them out on defense.