Quantcast

2011 World Championships: Champery

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
Whos rocking the Number 1 plate here at Worlds, I see Gwinn has the Second and Gee is 4, Whos first. I know gwinn took the overall but im curious whos with the 1 plate
that would be Mr. Hill. the number 1 plate is reserved for defending world champ. same reason brosnan is sporting the number 1 plate also as he is the defending junior champ.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Anyone notice how many usual clipless riders are on flats for the weekend? I know a lot of riders rode flats last year because of the mud, but does the steepness play into pedal/shoe choice?

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Anyone notice how many usual clipless riders are on flats for the weekend? I know a lot of riders rode flats last year because of the mud, but does the steepness play into pedal/shoe choice?
i don't think it's steepness as much as the forecast is calling for rain on the weekend. i'm guessing clipped riders who are on flats now are just getting reacquainted with them in preparation for the changing race day conditions.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
re. freecaster and uci....talked to the owner of FC at crankworx, and he said the UCI dropped a demand of $100,000 on the table for broadcast rights next year, as they already make no money off it freecaster's decision wasn't a hard one, unfortunately....as like all sports orgs, it's an old boys club who thinks people should pay them to sit around and be act like they're important......freecaster and the other web content over the past few years have been the best thing to happen to dh racing, and as usual the UCI doesn't get it, at all.

All true, also, I was told this gem yesterday at the track "the marketing director of the uci, lives 20 minutes from champery, she's not coming to watch, and has never been to a DH race".
Love the uci!
Thunderstorms here woke my ass up, sounds like a good dose of rain we got.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Last edited:

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
So the marketing director of the uci isnt showing up to the biggest event of the year!

I think Everyone should email and ask why.

Anyone interested in starting a new Cycling organization? Maybe one that actually respects all its disciplines equally.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
So the marketing director of the uci isnt showing up to the biggest event of the year!

Anyone interested in starting a new Cycling organization? Maybe one that actually respects all its disciplines equally.
Post her email please.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010

I see you're not familiar with the UCI. :rofl:

Witness what they've done to professional road racing, and you'll see that it's a farce of a governing body. As a shakedown organization intent on lining officials' pockets, they're top notch however.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Clearly because it isn't a road/track or skateboarding event. She decided to schedule her wedding this weekend.

Oh and they had no sponsors for this event because... "Mountain biking is a hard sport to explain to outside companies".

Apparently she got her "marketing" degree from a cracker jacks box.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Post her email please.
For those who are unaware of the powers of El Google

Nicole Gruber
nicole.gruber@uci.ch
Telephone:
+41 24 468 58 11

The International Cycling Union (UCI), a non-profit-making organization founded on 14 April 1900, is the association of the National Cycling Federations. Its headquarters are in Aigle, Switzerland. The aims of the UCI are as follows:

regulating cycling at international level;
promoting cycling in every country throughout the world and at all levels;
organizing the World Championships for all disciplines;
encouraging friendly relations between members of the cycling family;
promoting sporting ethics and fair play;
representing the sport of cycling and defending its interests on national and international bodies;
collaborating with the International Olympic Committee with respect to Olympic cycling events.
UCI World Championships 2010
Road: Australia, Sept/Oct 2010
Track: Denmark, March 2010
MTB&Trials: Canada, Aug/Sept 2010
BMX: South Africa, Jul/Aug 2010
Cyclo-cross: Czech Republic, Jan 2010

UCI World Cups 2010/2011
Track Cycling: 4 legs, Oct 2010–Jan 2011
Mountain Bike: 9 legs, Apr–Sept 2010
BMX Supercross: 5 legs, Mar–Oct 2010
Cyclo-cross: 9 legs, Oct 2010–Jan 2011

For information on media rights & sponsorship packages contact Nicole Gruber, Marketing Manager
Anyway, she probably isn't much different than 90% of the "marketing directors" out there. I guess on the plus side, at least there doesn't appear to be "press releases" scattered about the web exalting her as the UCI's "marketing director" or "brand manager".