all 2012 Trek models are in the system this morning

yes, that includes the slash, carbon session, etc

want pics? prices? availabilities?

hmmmmm monkeys?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Isn't V10c just a little bit more expensive than aluminum version?
So, where does Session 9.9 price come from?
they dont sell the aluminum V10 anymore, but yes, it was only a bit less then the new carbon one.
the cost on the Session 9.9 frame is a lot higher than the V10c too..maybe because its US made?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Since the first year of the Session 88 they added every year about a 1000€... It started with 4000€ in 2009 and now (2011) we are at 5999€.

Now 8500.-??!!

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
they dont sell the aluminum V10 anymore, but yes, it was only a bit less then the new carbon one.
the cost on the Session 9.9 frame is a lot higher than the V10c too..maybe because its US made?
Is it US made? I thought they only did the very top end Madone frames in the US and all the other OCLV frames were done overseas just like all of their aluminum bikes?
Trek is REALLY good at misleading folks. I think 2006/7 was the last year an aluminum bike was produced in the US and it was the top end bikes like the Session 10, Fuels, and such. They've since sent most OCLV carbon bikes to tawain as well.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Is it US made? I thought they only did the very top end Madone frames in the US and all the other OCLV frames were done overseas just like all of their aluminum bikes?
all of their OCLV frames are made in the US. their "lower end", "TCT", carbon bikes are made over seas. there was a Trek employee that said on here that they are indeed made here.
the only Madone made here is the 6 series i believe since it is "OCLV2"

uhhhh...I cant see any 2012 bikes on their website?Where do you guy see that ?
trek's dealer website.

Last edited:

samIam

Chimp
Jun 23, 2011
8500 would be a deal. The retail is 8900 for the complete and 4200 for the frame. The v-10 carbon goes for 3300 this year.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
The session frame kit comes with a fox 40 and angle set.
I wonder if anyone in the history of the earth has ever used an adjustable-angle headset (angleset or reducer cups or whatever) to actually steepen a head angle on a DH bike? Just make it slack as hell and be done with it. Including one with a frame and using that to justify the price (yes I realise you also said it comes with an expensive fork, I'm not only talking about this case) is silly.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If it comes with a Fox fork the price is not that bad. Too bad some ppl will want the frame alone. Still I was never really convinced to trek susp, other carbon dh bikes on the market dont do it for me either. Fury with anglecups maybe.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I wonder if anyone in the history of the earth has ever used an adjustable-angle headset (angleset or reducer cups or whatever) to actually steepen a head angle on a DH bike? Just make it slack as hell and be done with it. Including one with a frame and using that to justify the price (yes I realise you also said it comes with an expensive fork, I'm not only talking about this case) is silly.
doubtful, but I have considered steepening my Sunday back to 64*. I've found that 63.5* is a bit too wandery and "push"y unless you're going 9/10ths all the time or are on super steep stuff. I feel like it's lost too much sharpness....I'm just too lazy to do so!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Man you know a new CRF 450 is 8400 oh and they offer like 1.9-4% 5-6 year finance. WOnder if Trek will start doing the same.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I'd bet 99% of Session 9.9s are going to riders in clubs or teams that have a major discount, which is why the price needs to be so high to start with...

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Working for a frame company, not for a fork company may have something to do with that ;)
You're too suspicious ;)

Maybe Trek wants boys to have Session 9.9 poster above the bed, like Corvette back in the days ;) you know, a dream bike :rolleyes:

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
I'd bet 99% of Session 9.9s are going to riders in clubs or teams that have a major discount, which is why the price needs to be so high to start with...
Nope, most are going to posers. I'm amazed at how many high end DH built bikes get bought and never reach 2nd hand markets.

But the new Sessions aren't too sleek or unique looking so may not be big in the poser world.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I used the G3 settings on my 951 to get it in the steepest head angle for a few races around here that I have to pedal a lot or if the track is really tight. It makes the bike more fun to ride.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Nope, most are going to posers. I'm amazed at how many high end DH built bikes get bought and never reach 2nd hand markets.

But the new Sessions aren't too sleek or unique looking so may not be big in the poser world.
Strange. Around here the posers are usually the ones who go for the big companies because thats what everybody knows is expensive ;)

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
"Fox Factory Series 40 Fit RC2 Hybrid Air w/Ti coil spring, Kashima coat, hi/lo speed compression, rebound, 1-1/8" steerer, 20mm thru axle, 203mm travel"

That's what it's saying. We are going to have the Session 9.9 at the resort for the entire month of September to test out. Should be exciting!

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
So if I purchased a frame I'd have to pay for a stupidly overbuilt fork that I'd have to sell. Shame as the frame is stunning up close.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
So if I purchased a frame I'd have to pay for a stupidly overbuilt fork that I'd have to sell. Shame as the frame is stunning up close.
They don't want you crippling the bike with a Boxxer... :D

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Overpriced? Usa made carbon mainframe,seatstays and linkage, carbon bars, carbon post, XO DH group including carbon XO DH cranks, hybrid Fox 40 you can't get anywhere else, DT Swiss wheels etc. I figured it would be $8000.

$4200 frame kit - $1600 for a Fox 40 is only $2600 plus that's the hybrid 40. Frame kit sounds like a good deal! It would make sense that the frame would come with a fork otherwise how many hybrids 40's would even be made and sold with the complete bike?

I imagine they'll sell a lot of frame kits to racers and a few completes to posers, vet racers etc.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Overpriced? Usa made carbon mainframe,seatstays and linkage, carbon bars, carbon post, XO DH group including carbon XO DH cranks, hybrid Fox 40 you can't get anywhere else, DT Swiss wheels etc. I figured it would be $8000.
still pricing themselves far away from the other CF bikes on the market. they said they wanted to make it "competitive," but this price is far from it....even with the recent price increase with all the mfg's.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
still pricing themselves far away from the other CF bikes on the market. they said they wanted to make it "competitive," but this price is far from it....even with the recent price increase with all the mfg's.
they must've meant competitive with their carbon road bike offerings