Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^
chin up buckaroo....his speaking fees are going to go through the roof...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I think it's about time to pull off the Bernie sticker and replace it with Giant Meteor 2016.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/07/trump_clinton_or_giant_meteor.html
I bought one a while back but it's still sitting on the desk. Debating motorcycle panniers or Jeep for its final home I don't put the panniers on the bike very often so I'm leaning towards Jeep but I hardly ever drive it.

On a semi-related note:
https://usuncut.com/politics/jill-stein-campaign-surge/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jeebus what a bunch of paranoid, insecure simpletons.
Freedumb.

“Look at what Black Lives Matter has morphed into from its original stance back in 2010 or whenever they started,” he said. “Some of them, not all of them, but some of them, have seemed it to be necessary to kill the police and ‘Kill whitey.’ And that’s, you know, that’s crazy.”

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So far Hillary's two top candidates for VP are not so appealing to Bernie supporters or any progressive for that matter. Kaine wants to further deregulate the banking industry and Vilsack is a big proponent for GMOs in farming.

I wonder if the Clinton camp is so confident that they are going to win, i.e. voting is irrelevant, that they think they can alienate a good segment of their base without repercussions.

Meanwhile Cheeto Jesus keeps spewing fear and hate and says he will let Lil Mikey, the Christian Crusader, be in charge of foreign and domestic affairs. The more Trump beats his chest and says insanely inappropriate things, the more I think this whole election is a giant scam, with the Clinton's at the helm, pulling Trumps strings.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Great, now if we don't vote for the cheating Donkey Witch in the pant suit, then Cheeto Jesus becomes dictator and rains shit on the planet.

Fuck this election sucks.

Britain done fucked up my British Passport bailout option. This shitshow or a tiny island full of drunk and angry gingers.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Jesus fucking Christ.

How can they honestly think this was a good PR move:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/statements/2016/07/24/hillary-clinton-statement-on-the-resignation-of-democratic-national-committee-chair-debbie-wasserman-schultz/

I want to thank my longtime friend Debbie Wasserman Schultz for her leadership of the Democratic National Committee over the past five years. I am grateful to Debbie for getting the Democratic Party to this year’s historic convention in Philadelphia, and I know that this week’s events will be a success thanks to her hard work and leadership. There’s simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie–which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and in other key states. I look forward to campaigning with Debbie in Florida and helping her in her re-election bid–because as President, I will need fighters like Debbie in Congress who are ready on day one to get to work for the American people.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I watched HRC's acceptance speech in full last night via the YouTubes. I like her message in general and she's not a bad speaker (as opposed to the super awkward Kaine).

What I don't like is the implicit promise to keep on bombing brown people, the full-throated support for AIPAC, and that she's now all "we can't let the banks bankrupt Main St again!" after accepting all that bribe speaking fee lucre over the years from Wall St.

Still better than Trump by a mile but far from ideal.