Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Starting to look like a Klan rally

Trump has always said his convention would be … unusual. “The last Republican convention was extraordinarily boring,” he has argued. “It’s very important to put some showbiz into a convention, otherwise people are going to fall asleep.”

In part, he doesn’t have a choice. Former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush have both excused themselves; same goes for former presidential nominees Romney and McCain. Meanwhile, the roster of Republican politicians who plan to skip the festivities is growing — from rising stars worried about tarnishing their reputations to current reelection candidates concerned that an appearance in Cleveland would hurt them back home this fall.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yesterday I spotted my first Trump supporter. Had a couple of Trump bumper stickers and of course a Rebel Flag on the back of their 40 year old, rusted pick-up. Where I live in NC it is very conservative and even more so towards places I ride and that was the first sighting since the election started.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yesterday I spotted my first Trump supporter. Had a couple of Trump bumper stickers and of course a Rebel Flag on the back of their 40 year old, rusted pick-up. Where I live in NC it is very conservative and even more so towards places I ride and that was the first sighting since the election started.

I have actually seen quite a few up here. But PNW rednecks are scarier than Southern rednecks.

Wrong side of Civil War vs wrong side of WWII

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've seen maybe 2 or 3. Lots of obummer terk my jerb stuff, but that's constant up here.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trump hires "Rapid Response" director

What could go wrong?

The Trump campaign last week hired Steven Cheung, formerly of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), as its “rapid response” director.

According to a statement from the campaign, Cheung will spend his time “pushing back on false or unbalanced reporting.”

Cheung worked as UFC’s director of communications in Las Vegas for more than three years, according to his LinkedIn page.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Boo! is all I have to say. Let's see how many of those platform policies are pulled back post-election.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yeah Hillary is definitely coming off with a bit of the Godfather vibe to win the presidency. Not real thrilled with the situation, but the thought of Trump at the helm is horrifying.

So this election I'm just going to tell myself I'm voting against Trump.

Besides, we're due for a female President. Go ahead and let her have it so we can move on to a gay, non-Christian Latino. That way with all the boundaries broken, maybe we can move a wee bit forward.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah Hillary is definitely coming off with a bit of the Godfather vibe to win the presidency. Not real thrilled with the situation, but the thought of Trump at the helm is horrifying.

So this election I'm just going to tell myself I'm voting against Trump.

Besides, we're due for a female President. Go ahead and let her have it so we can move on to a gay, non-Christian Latino. That way with all the boundaries broken, maybe we can move a wee bit forward.

First if all here is the long forgotten reality. Democracy is all about compromise. No one gets everything they want, stop being butt hurt. Bernie wasn't my perfect candidate but he did reflect my ideals closer than any other candidate. Yes, that was farther to the left than any other major candidate. Not only did that not jive with the "left" or other democrats but even less so with the rest of the population. Hillary represents a centrist left policy, not my ideal but she has been selected as the left of center candidate and best represents my views of the remaining options. Not voting for her or voting for Trump would be a disservice for everything I believe in.

Secondly: People need to get the fuck over the presidency as a personality contest. This ain't American Idol. I have never been friends with someone who talks at me from a podium, and that is what every president or senator is ever going to be for me.

Do I like Hillary as a person? No
Do I want to hang out or have her as a neigbhor? Nope
Does the sound of her voice annoy the crap out of me? Yes
Do her policies perfectly match mine? No
Is she my ideal candidate? No

Is she a shrewd strategist? Yes
Is the ruthless in getting what she wants? Yup
Is the the nominee whose views are the closest to mine? Yes

These are things would make her an extremely effective executive and very much qualified for the job. This scares the shit out of the right wing nut jobs and they have been smearing her name for decades, even many left wing nut jobs have bought into this. If you have been hearing the same thing for 20 years you start believing it. I honestly think a lot of this is really because she is a woman. The things that people hate hillary for, are the same attributes people like Trump for. Strong, ruthless, decisive. Not values we traditionally respect women for.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
First if all here is the long forgotten reality. Democracy is all about compromise. No one gets everything they want, stop being butt hurt. Bernie wasn't my perfect candidate but he did reflect my ideals closer than any other candidate. Yes, that was farther to the left than any other major candidate. Not only did that not jive with the "left" or other democrats but even less so with the rest of the population. Hillary represents a centrist left policy, not my ideal but she has been selected as the left of center candidate and best represents my views of the remaining options. Not voting for her or voting for Trump would be a disservice for everything I believe in.

Secondly: People need to get the fuck over the presidency as a personality contest.

These are things would make her an extremely effective executive and very much qualified for the job. This scares the shit out of the right wing nut jobs and they have been smearing her name for decades, even many left wing nut jobs have bought into this. If you have been hearing the same thing for 20 years you start believing it. I honestly think a lot of this is really because she is a woman. The things that people hate hillary for, are the same attributes people like Trump for. Strong, ruthless decisive. Not values we traditionally respect women for.
:stupid:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

Secondly: People need to get the fuck over the presidency as a personality contest. This ain't American Idol. I have never been friends with someone who talks at me from a podium, and that is what every president or senator is ever going to be for me.

These are things would make her an extremely effective executive and very much qualified for the job. This scares the shit out of the right wing nut jobs and they have been smearing her name for decades, even many left wing nut jobs have bought into this. If you have been hearing the same thing for 20 years you start believing it. I honestly think a lot of this is really because she is a woman. The things that people hate hillary for, are the same attributes people like Trump for. Strong, ruthless decisive. Not values we traditionally respect women for.
Well said.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I would have rather the compromise not entailed another messy foreign war (or two). Hillary is coming the right way on many policies but she's still a war hawk last I checked.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i just hope kevin and davew like who we elect....that is the only thing i care about.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I would have rather the compromise not entailed another messy foreign war (or two). Hillary is coming the right way on many policies but she's still a war hawk last I checked.
i'm voting for the guy who will have the first operational bong shed at the white house.