Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I hate to say it, but if it comes down to Hillary and Trump, I'm going Trump. For the most part, they have equal positions, if anything he is more liberal on many things, and he's an open door. He speaks his mind, doesn't want to go to war, and isn't backed by corporations.

However, I'm all in for Bernie.
Him speaking his mind is what would most definitely get us into a war.

Seriously though. He's for women's rights, pro-choice, wants single payer healthcare, has said increase taxes on the rich and put the money into infrastructure, etc. Plus he doesn't obscure and avoid questions. He holds his morals, and that's it.
If you think he has women's best interest in mind or has any respect for females, then you have not been paying attention. He also will not answer questions that threaten his petty, fragile ego.

Trump as President would be far more disastrous than Bush was.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Him speaking his mind is what would most definitely get us into a war.
Who is going to attack us? As long as he doesn't piss ant like the rest of the candidates and want to attack people, we're better off.

If you think he has women's best interest in mind or has any respect for females, then you have not been paying attention. He also will not answer questions that threaten his petty, fragile ego.
Best interest in mind? Undoubtedly not. Understands their rights? Absolutely.

Trump as President would be far more disastrous than Bush was.
I think it would be equal, but not worse. He actually wants to spend money within the country vs. going to war. If the end result is equal (from a global political standpoint), than I would take the option that has us spending $4T on our infrastructure.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Who is going to attack us? As long as he doesn't piss ant like the rest of the candidates and want to attack people, we're better off.

Best interest in mind? Undoubtedly not. Understands their rights? Absolutely.

I think it would be equal, but not worse. He actually wants to spend money within the country vs. going to war. If the end result is equal (from a global political standpoint), than I would take the option that has us spending $4T on our infrastructure.
We must be talking about different Trumps then. The Donald is a petty, classless blowhard that has absolutely no sense of decorum, self-restraint or tact. Did you miss the whole Megan Kelly fiasco ? I don't care for her or Fox News, but his behavior and treatment of her is alarmingly repugnant, especially for someone who wants to have the most powerful political office in the world.

Trump does not come off as someone who is serious about actual governance and policy making. He just wants attention. He is nothing more than Sarah Palin with a penis and bad hair.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We must be talking about different Trumps then. The Donald is a petty, classless blowhard that has absolutely no sense of decorum, self-restraint or tact. Did you miss the whole Megan Kelly fiasco ? I don't care for her or Fox News, but his behavior and treatment of her is alarmingly repugnant, especially for someone who wants to have the most powerful political office in the world.
The whole "mexicans will kill your women and rape your babies" thing was pretty class act though. :rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Stoney is talking about Trump as might be imagined via his ghostwritten books by someone without a television or radio.

We're talking about the man who is clowning his way through a field of, well, clowns.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We're talking about the man who is clowning his way through a field of, well, clowns.
Send in the clowns.

For Trump’s core followers (“demagoguettes”?), it matters little that he has demonstrated no consistency on the issues, as my Politico colleague Timothy Noah wrote last month. Trump’s core followers ignore the press corps’ attempt to alert them to his “eclectic, improvisational and often contradictory” policy preferences. Single-payer advocate a couple of campaign cycles ago, hater of Obamacare now. A hawk when giving speeches, he rarely endorses military intervention. He flip-flops on trade. Assuming that they notice, this doesn’t bother Trump supporters because they trust their man’s common sense and patriotism to do the right thing. If he promises to be uncompromising today, they will forgive him for compromising tomorrow because, you know, things change.

The standard American demagogue relies on anger and resentment to attract supporters. But Trump’s fury is too comic to stir the masses. He makes angry faces but he’s almost never really mad. Instead, to cultivate the disaffected he pins his banner to his standing as a political outsider, as a champ who can’t be beaten. Trump’s loose mouth—a liability attached to any another candidate—becomes an asset for him. “Finally! A candidate who speaks his mind without filters!” you can almost hear his supporters say, even if most of what he speaks is rubbish. The ambiguity of the Trump message—his promises to make America great again, to show the Chinese and the Russians and the Mexicans that we mean business—goes down like lite beer. “I play to people’s fantasies,” he wrote in 1987 Trump: The Art of the Deal. “A little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular.”

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it is cute when trump unclenches his ass cheeks and lets his gimp/cheerleader eric bolling out to defend him....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So voters are actually being manipulated by politicians into voting for them, in stead of basing their votes on rational judgement and deterministic reasoning?

Shocking...
Rational judgment has never been the case. Do you really think even a plurality of Obama supporters could articulate why Obama's policies differ from his competitors and why these differences would benefit them? Trump has just taken the "vote for the brand, not the policy" truism to its logical extreme.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I dunno... dumb seems to be running rampant among all candidates.

"It is insane that people in this room are paying 8, 9, 10 percent interest rates on student debt when you can refinance your home for 2 or 3 percent,"

"It just makes sense, if you can refinance your mortgage or your car loan, you should be able to refinance your student loan too,"

:disgust1:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

"It is insane that people in this room are paying 8, 9, 10 percent interest rates on student debt when you can refinance your home for 2 or 3 percent,"

"It just makes sense, if you can refinance your mortgage or your car loan, you should be able to refinance your student loan too,"

It is ridiculous that govt backed loans that aren't dischargeable in bankruptcy are 6.8 and 7.9%. That said, one can refinance already in many cases. See SoFi, for instance.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I qualified for private student loads at around 3%. However the rules dictated that I could only take those loans out after maxing out the federal loans at 7%. So I took on monstrous amounts of debt and immediately paid off the dumb loans. However I am guessing that most students don't have the ability to do that.

I wasn't living in the house at the time but my mortgage company was more than willing to help me falsify home equity loan applications. I should have reported them.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Like his politics or not, you have to like the way this guy handles himself. Of course everyone wants to talk about the reality show drama bullshit of Trump

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It has been more than two months since Donald Trump announced his candidacy for president, and slowly but surely the entertainment factor as been on the wane and the fear factor has been on the rise.

As his poll numbers steadily keep him in a comfortable first place in thecrowded GOP field, and he packs stadiums—receiving raucous applause in Alabama and along the Mexican border—his fiery and divisive rhetoric has taken on a new meaning. His positions have now become the focal point of the GOP field and all candidates must respond to Trump before they can proceed.

What he and his supporters say can no longer be considered a joke. During his rally in Mobile, Alabama screams of “white power” could be heard from the audience. And last week, two white ex-cons from Boston beat up a homeless Hispanic man, and upon their arrest they told the police, “Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/27/okay-this-trump-thing-isn-t-funny-anymore.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page