Quantcast

2019 9/27-30 Colorado Mini Monkey Gaggle?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I ran out of energy this afternoon climbing back up chimney after riding white ranch. Chimpex or just Apex would likely tap me out tomorrow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wish I'd been able to come for the Crest triple, from this thread on MTBR:

And the map on page 352 of this document, Greens and Fooses could be at risk.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wish I'd been able to come for the Crest triple, from this thread on MTBR:

And the map on page 352 of this document, Greens and Fooses could be at risk.
No way Fooses gets shut down to bikes... it's part of the Colorado Trail.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, a little turn of events. Started the morning thinking I might need surgery (somehow inflamed my PCL or something to where I could barely put weight on it) to full bore chasing each other around on 401 and Doctor Park. Most likely I will need to ice it and rest tomorrow, but if all goes well, maybe Tuesday?
Came to the conclusion today that Full Trucker and myself ride about the same exact speed going downhill...super duper fun. He may dispute this, because “I am not as fast as I think I am”.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No way Fooses gets shut down to bikes... it's part of the Colorado Trail.
I realize that, but the lower section appears to be on that map.
Well, a little turn of events. Started the morning thinking I might need surgery (somehow inflamed my PCL or something to where I could barely put weight on it) to full bore chasing each other around on 401 and Doctor Park. Most likely I will need to ice it and rest tomorrow, but if all goes well, maybe Tuesday?
Came to the conclusion today that Full Trucker and myself ride about the same exact speed going downhill...super duper fun.
So I'm effed if I make it to Jackson next year? :D
Tuesday afternoon probably works better for me than tomorrow.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
TL;DR: we broke Wendell.

Came to the conclusion today that Full Trucker and myself ride about the same exact speed going downhill...super duper fun. He may dispute this, because “I am not as fast as I think I am”.
Just wait until I get my tire pressures sorted!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@rideit snapped this picture of me on the 401 trail, this was ride #1 on day #2. That rider just past me? Yeah.. that's some French guy, who lives in Houston, hooning the shit outta the 401 on a gravel bike.

Fall colors are going off... should peak in the next week. @rideit picked a good time to visit.