Quantcast

2024 racing thread

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
No more Scotty?
What I meant was over the years Scotty has dipped in and out of wrenching for Danny and wasn't always his mechanic (formerly racing at WC level himself) Dave Garland (RIP) of Stendec was Danny's mechanic for a good while and Danny's dad Paul before that.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just got a read on the Vital thread. Reading between the lines....So if you can't afford a race team at the WC level, what does that mean?

Perhaps the UCI is charging too much?

There's no money in DH?

Let's just all go shuttle the trails and have fun? And eff racing all together?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just got a read on the Vital thread. Reading between the lines....So if you can't afford a race team at the WC level, what does that mean?

There's no money in DH?

IIRC part of the UCI's deal w/ discovery is that they took over managing the events, including fees

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007

There's no money in DH?

I still think that the UCI/Discovery tie to this is secondary to the sponsor situation and most/all of this would have still happened if Red Bull had the rights. Pretty much all of the teams are funded primarily by companies within the bike industry. The same bike industry that's in the post COVID shitter, so it just doesn't seem that surprising that these are lean years for WC racing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I know it's not news...
Is there a 2024 thread yet? Didn’t see one. Minnar off Santa Cruz and possibly off to Norco.
but now it's official...
how can I be the first to post this?! you guys are usually on it!

sounds like it was Santa Cruz that didn't renew him. which seems kinda odd...

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I guess they needed the budget for this relatively unknown rider that potentially has a bright future ahead of him . You might have heard of him, he is called Jackson Goldstone. ;) :D

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
think it's more like everyone understood it was *supposed* to be his last season, then it sucked balls and GM probably expected SCB to renew, because, GOAT and super long legacy with Syndicate and brand...but they had made other plans with the $$$ (JG longer term contract), and the answer was no. I cheer for Syndicate and have always been a GM fan, I'm sure he can be a prima donna athlete and also a good dude and ambassador to the fans and brands, I'll still root for the old man since he's only a year or so younger than me, and hope he has a fun final season or two and mixes it up again. Probably not the worst decision for either party in the end.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
@Avy isn't going to sleep well tonight
I got that Red Bell sign I soo Love. Avy,someone is talking to you! I get here and don't understand? No problem,I shall go backwards and read,I must have missed somfing? No,I don’t see it Westy?

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got that Red Bell sign I soo Love. Avy,someone is talking to you! I get here and don't understand? No problem,I shall go backwards and read,I must have missed somfing? No,I don’t see it Westy?

Avy

Gwinn fired himself

Screenshot_20240110-181743.png

Hopefully he ends up announcing

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I like how Greg has bought Kathy Sessler in to run the pits at his new Norco set up.

Brooke McDonald and Sam Blenkinsop are both on new bikes for the new season, will be interesting who they end up with.

The team who has surprised me most so far is Pivot. Of all the teams they (in my opinion) have the biggest disconnect between corporate identity and race team presentation - they must be shifting a lot of bikes to keep the whole gang together.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Gwinn fired himself

View attachment 206221

Hopefully he ends up announcing
Announcing what Westy? That he likes this crazy thing of dipping Pizza into Ranch Dressing? You mean his new Team Westy,right?

What the Fuck! Fucking Bullshit,having Avy deal with this Intense Frame matter,only to be right on the cusp,to move on? Why put in that money and time to just say goodbye? I have been very worried about the new year. Why with the new format and monies cutback,I am very worried. Avy does not have Twitter,I just got my first cell phone less than a year ago. I had a Jack Bower flip phone for over 20 years. Work phone. Now my new job gave Avy a new Apple phone free. I guess they wana talk tome. Anyway,I have no idea and am always behind the 8 Ball. Great,now I want a Line.

He is injury free finally,and I need those 2 wins tobe come,The Goat! That’s Right All you Cunts! The Goat!

Last,I would loose my mind if he won a Worlds.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Announcing what Westy? That he likes this crazy thing of dipping Pizza into Ranch Dressing? You mean his new Team Westy,right?

What the Fuck! Fucking Bullshit,having Avy deal with this Intense Frame matter,only to be right on the cusp,to move on? Why put in that money and time to just say goodbye? I have been very worried about the new year. Why with the new format and monies cutback,I am very worried. Avy does not have Twitter,I just got my first cell phone less than a year ago. I had a Jack Bower flip phone for over 20 years. Work phone. Now my new job gave Avy a new Apple phone free. I guess they wana talk tome. Anyway,I have no idea and am always behind the 8 Ball. Great,now I want a Line.

He is injury free finally,and I need those 2 wins tobe come,The Goat! That’s Right All you Cunts! The Goat!

Last,I would loose my mind if he won a Worlds.

Avy
Sweet dreams Avy, sweet dreams.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I like how Greg has bought Kathy Sessler in to run the pits at his new Norco set up.

Brooke McDonald and Sam Blenkinsop are both on new bikes for the new season, will be interesting who they end up with.

The team who has surprised me most so far is Pivot. Of all the teams they (in my opinion) have the biggest disconnect between corporate identity and race team presentation - they must be shifting a lot of bikes to keep the whole gang together.
kerr was saying on a podcast today that they've having to cut $ from the team budget; that "enduro" sponsors are wavering; and that he cut his own $ to keep the other riders at their contract salaries.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Thank You Westy. Now,where is he going?

How about MoonBreaker with Deprella? Word?

Avy
Daprela is now on Canyon. Gwin seems to have the most connections with Yeti through his trainer/team manager, Todd and being friendly with Richie Rude. Maybe his own program, potentially doing only some of the races, on a Yeti frame bringing his own sponsors? Or potentially another frame sponsor. I just have a hard time imagining him building another complete team at this stage or jumping on to some other factory team.