Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
I think everyone should post what their realistic goals are for this year.

I have two goals:
-Do one sub-1:00 lap.
-Average 1:15 or better (last year I averaged 1:18)

I don't have any goals against anyone else because there are few racers I am faster than, but my two goals would ultimately help the team.
This being my first 24hr race those sound like reasonable goals for me. I think I'm going to try hard to get some sub-1:00 laps but I might (probably) be singing a different tune next weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
This being my first 24hr race those sound like reasonable goals for me. I think I'm going to try hard to get some sub-1:00 laps but I might (probably) be singing a different tune next weekend.
You need an avatar. Anyone got an avatar for my teammate? :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Goddy43 said:
ha-ha, I was going to ask if you had seen those yet, I got hosed and didn't get in any shots, oh well.

bummer - seemed 80% of the pics were expert or pro's

(you recognize the spot where my pic was taken??)

I was hoping for some "in the air" pics at the finish jumps

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Oh...one more goal... To come away from the weekend having earned a custom-title!! Good, bad or otherwise! :D
Well if you walk around saying things like, "Look at me, I'm an ass balancer!" a custom title is inevitable.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
douglas said:
bummer - seemed 80% of the pics were expert or pro's

(you recognize the spot where my pic was taken??)

I was hoping for some "in the air" pics at the finish jumps
if I had to guess, I would say somewhere near the ridge of singletrack near the end of the course?

yeah most of the pics did cover the experts and pros, oh well. I think some shots near #9 (the big ravine) could have been cool to see.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:

I have two goals:

I don't have any goals against anyone else because there are few racers I am faster than, but my two goals would ultimately help the team.
Two more laps than last year, can't remember how many that is though.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I just check intellicast and weather channel for next weekend. Not looking good.
6/25 High= 80 Low=55 Forcast=Rain chance of percip.=60%. I hope their wrong, they usually are.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:

I have two goals:

this is making the assumption that it is going to be the same course.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Well if you walk around saying things like, "Look at me, I'm an ass balancer!" a custom title is inevitable.
Aint that the truth :)

goals for the race:
to be as fast (ie: not any slower) as last year
have as much fun as last year

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
splat said:
Good point ! I mmake sure I bring my Studded tires ! you can never be too prepared. ( plus they do work very well on wet rooty sections ! , and we know there is none of that there )
Studs to help on roots? That almost seems like cheating...

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
What time is everyone planning on getting in? I took friday off so I plan to head down in the afternoon, setup and then pre-ride the course. I think T is coming later in the night.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
What time is everyone planning on getting in? I took friday off so I plan to head down in the afternoon, setup and then pre-ride the course. I think T is coming later in the night.
T=me, or T=Treesaw? :think:

I'm going to try and pack my truck Thurs. night. I've got to work on Fri. but I'm going to bust out around 4pm to head down. We can discuss this more tomorrow night over beers at the Parting Glass! :thumb:

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
T=me, or T=Treesaw? :think:

I'm going to try and pack my truck Thurs. night. I've got to work on Fri. but I'm going to bust out around 4pm to head down. We can discuss this more tomorrow night over beers at the Parting Glass! :thumb:
HA, I think both are right actually. T said her/sqearl were headng down in the early afternoon I think, and I knew you were heading down later in the day. Yes the parting glass, I need to come up with some stuff to talk about don't I..hmmm.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
HA, I think both are right actually. T said her/sqearl were headng down in the early afternoon I think, and I knew you were heading down later in the day. Yes the parting glass, I need to come up with some stuff to talk about don't I..hmmm.
I typed up a quick "agenda" yesterday. I'll email it to you tonight. :D

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
I typed up a quick "agenda" yesterday. I'll email it to you tonight. :D

Oooo an agenda, we're already more organized than those "other" teams. :D Advantage: HOH

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Goddy43 said:

I have Friday off.....I'll be there noon, maybe 1pm

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
It rained & hailed in the desert duing my last "24", I expect snow at Dalton.
I am pretty much expecting 24 hours of nasty nasty mud. That of course wont stop me from complaining about it the whole time.

Edit: Everyone remember to bring spare brake pads.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As far as when I am going to get there Friday, probably 2:00ish. I don't want to get there too early. I got there around 11:00 last year and ended up sitting around for five hours with my thumb in my ass.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
As far as when I am going to get there Friday, probably 2:00ish. I don't want to get there too early. I got there around 11:00 last year and ended up sitting around for five hours with my thumb in my ass.

here's an idea