Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
MMcG said:
Yep - Albany would be closest methinks - Bradley might not be too bad either.

You could maybe get a ride from a monkey if you flew in to either airport. Just a guess.

I know there are Albany/Saratoga monkeys participating as well as Hartford, Avon, Simsbury Monkeys.
Ah, I didn't know there was an airport in Albany. Sweet!

Just checked fares, it's about 65$ more than flying into Hartford, and 100 more than flying into Boston. I'm going to check on anyone around here, if I can't get anyone, I'm going to start begging monkeys... ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
blue said:
Westy, aren't you going to be racing? I think I may check and see if anyone around here over 18 would go with me, giving me a crew member and car/hotel.
There is a good chance I'll be going. You should be able to get a hotel room with just cash but I'd say you can't get a car. I'd be happy to help you out with support, I don't know if I'll have anyone specific for myself. Last year I did it with no official support, got help from other solo riders support and monkeys. I'd be happy to let you split a campsite so you don't have to worry about stuff like a canopy/bikestand/tools etc.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
splat said:
So How are the teams Shapping up ?

4:monkey:'s and a Baboon is all set

Who are the riders for Ass balancers ?

and is Team jakalope going to be back ? I

And Nickthebrit , who are the 5 riders on fatboy slim ?
Team Ass Balancers should be: TreeSaw, stuntmatty, Instigator, greasey monkey and ???

I believe Team Jackalope is going to be: Echo, Sq-earl, Tweek, and perhaps Gee Spot & Mtbkngrl

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Team Humanity's Only Hope will be registered on Tues.. :dancing: :D

Myself and fellow SMBA members Rob and Steve along with my nextdoor neighbor Jim and his friend Richie. :thumb:

Thanks for remembering me... :p

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Do they have a limit on Solo riders?

And Westy, I may take you up on that. I really don't need a crew, but just having something to look "official" would work for me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
blue said:
Do they have a limit on Solo riders?

And Westy, I may take you up on that. I really don't need a crew, but just having something to look "official" would work for me.
I think there is a limit on solo riders. But last year they didn't come close to filling all the spots. In theory you are supposed to have support, I could have gotten disqualified if anyone complained. My brother only lives a few hours from the race so I was hoping to get him to help, but I am not sure I could convince him to spend that much time outside.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
splat said:
What the Hell is going on with that date !

First my Mother-in-law wants to have there aniversery party on that date .

Now a Friend of mine , just asked me to be in his wedding party on that date !
Doh....the wedding thing is a tough one. Funny about that date though, just found out one of my coworkers has already put in for her vacation that includes that weekend. :nuts:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:

Tell them to have the wedding at 1:00 PM at Dalton. I am sure the Adrenaline folks would let them have the ceremony on the stage.

A friend of mine actually asked me to be in his wedding party. He planned his wedding around my race schedule. :thumb: That there is a good friend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:

I'm sorry that you will be missing a party and a wedding on that date.

Actually, you should be thanking us. :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
no the Smell will probably be the aroma of Bill's awesome cooking :drool:

Now the Snoring that can keep the whole camp up on the other hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

the snoring will probably be coming from me! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:
Fortunatly he is a Mt biker , And I did politlely turn him down. He understood .
:thumb:
At least get him a cool bike gift for the wedding.

We need to keep this thread busier, it gives me motivation to train.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
just got an email from a buddy from the Dalton wednesday race series, looks like he's forming a team w/some other wednesday guys.........ofcourse these young dudes are pretty damn fast!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Westy said:
:thumb:
At least get him a cool bike gift for the wedding.

We need to keep this thread busier, it gives me motivation to train.
Yeah Yeah! I actually wasn't really into mountain biking when we got married, but I got a fork for my XC bike and I got my husband a pair of clipless platforms :D

Training...I'm there :thumb:

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Training, yes I have been training. I'm up to 137db.

I am planning on a lamb dish for Friday. I made it on the IMBA epic and it went over well. Roast boneless leg in the mexican tradition, guaherrio chille marrinade, wraped in bannana leaves and slow cooked over mesquite. There is a comsume' which simmers below the cooking meat and is flavored by the drippings.
Ive been experimenting with some quick energy confort foods as well. A particular sucess is a toasted 7 grain bread with light coating of Maine organic wildflower honey spread with natural chunky peanut butter. Served open face it boasts wonderfull boquet, terrific crunch, is succulent to the palate and warm in the belly. A real post ride present to yourself.
I was'nt happy with the fish dish last year and so i have made efforts to increase my klowledge and experiance with non-meat fare. I'm getting really good results with a grilled swordfish in white wine and rosemary. It is served with a cold onion jam made with maple syrup and balsamic vinagar. It eats better then it sounds, i just need to work on perfecting the plate presentation. Too much grey, perhaps if i serve with glazed carrots and a lemon wedge for garnish to give it some pop. Beets might be good too, I'll keep testing.

Or i could just do hot dogs on sticks.

bill

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
justbill..........

what about the pizza'a, pasta dish & turkey that you cooked up last year??

damn, that stuff was so TASTY!!!!

:drool:

ps:I was thinking, screw training, I'll just do 1 lap then spend the rest of the w/e eating :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Bill, I think there will be a monkeycamp mutiny if you don't make the pizzas. :D

(and it was probably the only thing I ate that did not make me sick...not because of your cooking, but because of the stomach issues I had)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
justbill said:
Training, yes I have been training. I'm up to 137db.

I am planning on a lamb dish for Friday. I made it on the IMBA epic and it went over well. Roast boneless leg in the mexican tradition, guaherrio chille marrinade, wraped in bannana leaves and slow cooked over mesquite. There is a comsume' which simmers below the cooking meat and is flavored by the drippings.
Ive been experimenting with some quick energy confort foods as well. A particular sucess is a toasted 7 grain bread with light coating of Maine organic wildflower honey spread with natural chunky peanut butter. Served open face it boasts wonderfull boquet, terrific crunch, is succulent to the palate and warm in the belly. A real post ride present to yourself.
I was'nt happy with the fish dish last year and so i have made efforts to increase my klowledge and experiance with non-meat fare. I'm getting really good results with a grilled swordfish in white wine and rosemary. It is served with a cold onion jam made with maple syrup and balsamic vinagar. It eats better then it sounds, i just need to work on perfecting the plate presentation. Too much grey, perhaps if i serve with glazed carrots and a lemon wedge for garnish to give it some pop. Beets might be good too, I'll keep testing.

Or i could just do hot dogs on sticks.

bill
:drool: And to think we had PB&J, pasta salad, fruit, chicken salad sandwiches, pancakes, raman, oatmeal and Thai noodle bowls :think:

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
I Are Baboon said:
Bill, I think there will be a monkeycamp mutiny if you don't make the pizzas. :D

(and it was probably the only thing I ate that did not make me sick...not because of your cooking, but because of the stomach issues I had)
Pizza is a definite. I have been researching the stomach issues and you are not alone in the condition. There are a number of reasons the pizza type food combo works for endurance racers. The combination of different complex sugars, savory texture, warmth, easy to chew but crunchy.

I can do all the same meals we had last year if that is your want. I thought you might like to try somehting different for the main dishes. Pasta, rice, breads, will all be included for quick and stored carb energy. High protien and fiber snacks for recovery. Rather then stick to a fixed meal plan i hope to have more options available using the same ingrediants. For the race time eats you guys can pick from a selection of menu items which can be prepared quickly. I will also develop a schedule based on lap time and sequence so you are not eating to close to you lap start or waiting to long after your finish.

At Cafe' Justbill, the fire never goes out.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've heard rumors of a super fast all-woman team forming, which could cost Team Jackalope 2 of our riders. This will force me to activate my brain, which I hate to do, but I think we can still make a full team.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I've heard rumors of a super fast all-woman team forming, which could cost Team Jackalope 2 of our riders. This will force me to activate my brain, which I hate to do, but I think we can still make a full team.
Go 4 person team instead of 5 person Coed. Get more riding in that way too.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:

that be really cool.........I know 2 of the 4 person all female team that took a trip to the top of the podium last year, I am sure they would be happy to get some more competition

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hmm, so :monkey: 's could be racing in:

~solo (westy)
~4 person female (Geespot & friends)
~4 person (ECHO & friends)
~5 person coed (ass balancers)
~5 person (4 :monkey: & a baboon & team newbie)

thats pretty damn cool

:dancing:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:

~solo (westy)

thats pretty damn cool

I didn't register us as 5 person coed. Just 5 person open. I figure someone's gotta beat those 4 :monkey: & a baboon :devil:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
douglas said:

~solo (westy)

thats pretty damn cool

Count me in as a maybe in solo. Still depending on how much money I have. If I can't scrape the funds, I'll be hitting up one of the CA 24 Hour Races before the Brian Head Epic.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
blue said:
Count me in as a maybe in solo. Still depending on how much money I have. If I can't scrape the funds, I'll be hitting up one of the CA 24 Hour Races before the Brian Head Epic.

I thought you were decorating your bedroom that w/e ??

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:

~solo (westy)

thats pretty damn cool

Thanks for not forgetting us Douglas! Though the "official" name is now "Humanity's Only Hope". :D