Quantcast

24 hours of Dalton

Gee Spot

Chimp
Sep 13, 2002
rochester, ny
I just want to say congrats to all the :monkey: 's... you all gave an excellent performance :thumb:

a little extra plug to the ladies (because I'm so very proud of them and love to see them out there)....

Treesaw, awesome on your first race... You really gave it your all... :thumb:

Isa, Amazing! 2 night laps and the final lap... WOW... great show! Keep doing us proud :thumb:

John and Mike (S) you two look sooo cute in the pic with your parents...that is so awesome they came out to see you guys race.

stuntmatty you look adorable... ;)

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Great Job everybody! Looks like you had a fantastic time. Perhaps I'll do it next year.................Isa want to join an all chick team for Dalton next year? You kick ass girl. Theresa you freaking did awesome for your first 24 hour race, are you an addict now? Should have stuck with that plan this year...........could've avoided getting my butt kicked by a very large jackass at work saturday morning. :eek: Again congrats to all who participated.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Mtbkngrl said:
Great Job everybody! Looks like you had a fantastic time. Perhaps I'll do it next year.................Isa want to join an all chick team for Dalton next year? You kick ass girl. Theresa you freaking did awesome for your first 24 hour race, are you an addict now? Should have stuck with that plan this year...........could've avoided getting my butt kicked by a very large jackass at work saturday morning. :eek: Again congrats to all who participated.
If you and Gee Spot had made it, the awesomeness factor would have been off the scale. I wonder how my wife is going to feel when she finds out this one is now an annual event...

Glad to hear you are basically ok, by the way.

Mtbkngrl said:
I could be talked into it. But don't expect much.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mtbkngrl said:
I'm already looking forward to next year :devil: This all chick team sounds like a plan but I am gonna have to get my arse training now to keep up with the likes of you, Gee-Spot & Isa!!! :help:

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Westy- next time you are cold or lonley swing your chariot over to the monkey compound. We have have ways of making everything allright.

oh! Douglas, next year,

55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
justbill said:
Westy- next time you are cold or lonley swing your chariot over to the monkey compound. We have have ways of making everything allright.

oh! Douglas, next year,

Yeah - there is something about riding and feeling tired and hungry and knowing there is a personal pizza with fresh toppings waiting for you when you return to Monkey base camp that really can motivate you while riding at night! :)

I'll second that chant for 55!!! :cool: :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
justbill said:
oh! Douglas, next year,

that was damn funny at 1:00am (I felt bad laughing so loud being others were sleeping)

but next year..........54 :eek:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Hey, check it out. Bikerag.com has the elevation profile for the course. This is from 2003, but I hear the course was the same for 2004.

Cool profile.

That last little kick up around the 3.8 mile area was so bittersweet. You knew it was almost over and some downhill was coming but damn it was so steep and after such a long climb.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Cool profile.

That last little kick up around the 3.8 mile area was so bittersweet. You knew it was almost over and some downhill was coming but damn it was so steep and after such a long climb.
I hated that little climb. It wouldn't have been so bad without all the rocks on the trail. (edit: we called that climb "The Demoralizer" :D )

I am assuming the yellow dot at 7.12 mile mark is checkpoint 2 after the pipeline climb.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
JT - Did you do that in your middle ring?
jdcamb - Uhh **** No!

He he I thought it was a fun climb but as I wasn't racing I will shut the **** up. That and I better get a new computer. My mileage is way off for that course....jdcamb

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
They seem to be the masters of capturing dumb looks. Either that or I rode my whole lap with my tongue out. Anyway, it was nice to get a bump and a reminder of what a great weekend it was...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
They seem to be the masters of capturing dumb looks. Either that or I rode my whole lap with my tongue out. Anyway, it was nice to get a bump and a reminder of what a great weekend it was...
Check out Tweek's pic, the last one in the 333 group. I almost wanna buy the pic just so I can see what the hell is going in with his face :D