Quantcast

24 inches of love

i-ride

Monkey
May 12, 2006
Frederick
Seeking 24 inches of love for a bigger kid to throw down on. MTB-type rigs need not apply.. looking for 14x110mm rear and designed around a cro mo fork.

In addition to the list that follows, what should I be looking at?

Standard, 250s
Perv, Lewd Two Four
Subrosa, Letum Cruiser
Shadow Conspiracy x Inv Man
DK, GL 24
WTP, Unified
DMR, Drone
Haro, Backtrail24

i-ride

Monkey
May 12, 2006
Frederick
RE: Fall Guy & Molly..
He said excluding MTB-type... so he means cruisers. Even though those rides are bad ass.

One other one I can think of is the MirraCo 24.
What he said. I like both of those.. but they're designed around suspension forks.. and they're more of a small MTB as opposed to a big BMXr. Thx Cru, will check the MirraCo24 (as in Dave?)

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
bicyclist, yeah he did.

stays are 14.25

and hes excluded rfrom the jr seat rule, which is no more than one inch of exposed post showing with that seat :P

its really nice

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
w-base ha sugoi desu ne...

cru, you're stirrin' up some magic in the industry right at this moment, I can feel it.

I'm rockin' the rigid on my molly at the moment as well... but I'll never be clickin' t-downs anytime soon so I'm not too worried about that clearance, haha...

Kappa from the zoo too, style for miles from the old school.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Haha. SATORI, where you been, man? I've been missin your flavorful posts.

Check the geo on this thing. I dig. Not diggin the crazy machined dropouts for DJing, though. But, they also build custom frames...

Frame: 24" Pro XXXL
Top Tube Length: 22"
Head Tube Angle: 74
Seat Angle: 72
Chainstay Length: 14.6 - 15.6"
Race Frame Weight: 5lb 2oz
Seatpost: 26.6
Integrated Chain Tensioner thread size is 10-32
Headset: 1.125"
Price: $419.95

http://www.schneiderraceframes.com/

jjchgo

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
cru if youre interested in that frame make sure to shop around. danscomp.com had it on clearance for about a year for under $250.
i almost picked one up but 3 cruisers are enough for right now.

cheers,

jj

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
recent pic of my smooth movin' steel duece-quad.

and here's a quick pic for cru, of a Durcus I saw in ame-mura, Osaka two days ago...

sorry, I'm a drunken idiot with the camera...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
OK...serious question here...would any of you guys run mags again? Like seriously? Skyway's makin 24" mags again, you'd never bend a wheel, they're relatively light(compared to the Double Tracks I've been running). No more wheel builds!

I've been diggin the Kappa looptail 24 pretty hard and I think mags would just make that bike. I already take heat for being the old guy in the skatepark, might as well take it away from them and back to the days of old! I'm thinking chrome frame, white lettering, black mags, Atomlab Comp3s?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Go for it, man. But, I'd get Tioga Comp III's. They make them in 24s. The knobs on the Atomlabs are quite a bit bigger... it doesn't look right.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Uh...am I reading this right??? 24" Skyway Tuffs...$109 for the PAIR? This descision is getting easier and easier...http://www.coloredtuffs.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=4
those have been available on ebay for a looooong time for cheap. only 3/8" axles as far as I know though. But, a year or so ago, a dude on one of these forums floating around who worked for mountain cycle had some black tuff mags on his green Tonic FallGuy. Looked interesting.

I'd agree with Cru, the new atomlab III's are super heavy, but the 24" OG Tioga CompIII 2.125 is still a great tire, still actually pretty light too. I have one that I run up front for occasional dirt sesh's. came in at about 675g on my scale.

oh hey, asianpride, I've still got the 50mm DJ2 guns in back up reserve for when I break my wrists. :biggrin:

SasquatchK

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
Hello, I'm looking for a 24" specific steel frame for dj/street. I've looked around and most bikes either have too long of chainstays, or are too steep for my preference.

One frame that sticks out for me is the 24Seven Slacker, but it is only available as a complete. I might go for it and swap a few parts at a time to achieve what I am looking for, but before I do that, I am looking for a frame only.

Something with a 68.5*-70.5* HA w/100mm fork, equivalent to 15.5-16" CS on a 26" bike (so whatever the length is for a 24" bike), 22" TT (+ or - 0.25") and the lighter the better.