Quantcast

24 inches of love

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
. . . now with new set of 2008 Manitou Gold Label jump series II, 80mm travel.

I MAY NEED TO SELL THIS MOLLY (maybe frame only, possibly whole bike....) just built and hardly ridden. pm me if interested.
Dude that sucks! You just ordered it a month ago? Hope everything's alright. Is this posted in the Classifieds?

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
no **** i just ordered a black one myself less than five minutes ago. thats alright i wanted black and im sure someone will buy that bad boy
IM SUPER PUMPED idk wat its gonna be like definately nice

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
nice ride bobkelso, think I remember seeing it on streetsteeze before it went defunct.

Guess I may as well post up my rig on this thread and keep the Molly gang lovin' going strong.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Too much molly's, not enough fall guy's!
Its a repost, but if Satori can do it, so can I !

hey, it's TWENTY-FOUR INCHES of love, man! Always room for some quality wheels of steel! Fall Guys are on point too. :clapping: I really dig your bare bones shaved 4X. All black. My kind of fork!

I don't remember reposting mine here though? did I? ...still waiting on my spokes and nips so I can lace up that alienation rim to the marmoset, then I'll post a few more photos after that too if I get a chance, haha! :imstupid:

JJJKKK, slick set-up.
From your top photo there it almost looks like you drilled a hole in your dropout too, but I think that's just reflection from the top of the chainstay weld.
How are you liking those NPJ tires? I've been curious about them for awhile now, never tried one.
...and what brake set-up did you have that bunked out on you?

...hey Leethal, just saw the new USB blog action, very cool! Thanks for posting up a couple pics of my ol' Molly classic hot-rod. :monkeydance:

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
BikeSATORI, here's a pic of the dropout, no holes ;)

Can't say anything about the NPJ's really as I've had chance to ride em only once! They roll a bit better than Kiniptions which I had on last summer...

About the brake.. wellll I think the problem is me as this is the very first mechanic brake for me ever! It squeeks like hell, I may try it on for my Sunday next as it has chrome rim perhaps that helps.

I've slightly sanded pads and they were angled like the front of the pad makes contact first but brake was still loud.

The setup was Fly brakes w/ KoolStop/Odsy Linear/Odsy lever...

That grey Molly and grey Tonic are so nice.. reminds me about my good ol' grey Union-Street.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
I love this thread.....

What would the deucequad riders thing of a 24 specific DS frame.. have a concentric pivot to allow for SS, but very stiff suspension, total build weight w/ ss/rear brake/gl/float or similar airshock around #33?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I love this thread.....

What would the deucequad riders thing of a 24 specific DS frame.. have a concentric pivot to allow for SS, but very stiff suspension, total build weight w/ ss/rear brake/gl/float or similar airshock around #33?
=fun for the general hooligan shenanigans.

Not so streetworthy, but probably still be a blast for ripping around. Might be nicer at 29lb though, haha. :imstupid:

Arrow Racing had one for awhile too, for DS racing, but never rode it.

Don't really think there would be a market for one though, I'm mean the market for 26" bikes just like that is barely showing itself at the moment, not to mention, it's hard enough for most people to afford a 24" dedicated hardtail at this point.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
i like the idea too, it would be cool to ride, but with the limited funds i have i would probably never buy one unless if i became rich enough to buy infinite bikes. It wouldn't have any outstanding advantages of riding characteristics over a 24 hardtail or a 26 slalom with squish, other than a fun factor.

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
Im in the market for a 24, and ive pretty much made up my mind on a fall guy, but i dont know if i should get a molly. Im coming from a STP so it shouldnt be totally different, but i want something a bit smaller more flickable. I assumr 24's are good for dirt jumping not just street, am i right? Does anyone run a chrome rear rim?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm going to be getting Price's pinscher. I think I want to go with 24's and a rigid like bcd's.

I'll get a DMR trailblade... I'm not sure what wheels to go with. I have an extra juicy brake, but maybe I should go with a rim brake?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
steel is reel

...bit of trials influence with the knifen and hydro rim brake... very nice, looks fun.
You know, I just picked up an old Magura hydro rim brake, with a very sweet retro cnc'ed Kooka lever... I was thinking about trying to make some brackets to mount it onto my Molly frame, might be a pretty trick little mod even though I really don't need the extra stopping power, but I've never seen one like that.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
...bit of trials influence with the knifen and hydro rim brake...
correct! I bought the knifen when I was still riding trials only (should be about 3-4 years ago now). verry very strong. I cracked a frame, elbow and wrist, all from false landings on the front wheel, but the knifen is still there without any harm done to it.
same with the maggies, only that the ones I had back then were leaking so I got a new one, much better btw.

I can't see it
really? anybode else having probs? or are you banned from wordpress or so?

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
...bit of trials influence with the knifen and hydro rim brake... very nice, looks fun.
You know, I just picked up an old Magura hydro rim brake, with a very sweet retro cnc'ed Kooka lever... I was thinking about trying to make some brackets to mount it onto my Molly frame, might be a pretty trick little mod even though I really don't need the extra stopping power, but I've never seen one like that.
i wish they'd do a redesign on the caliper. they're sweet, but hella bulky. ran a set with yellow plazmatics and ground rims on my old mod BITD and they locked up. brake bridge for frame flex too. crazy powerful brakes

hayai

Chimp
Feb 19, 2006
I'm looking to build a bike in this style and it seems that in the 22" frame range the Tonic Fall Guy is the frame to get. The price is just to high for me though. Was wondering if there are any comparable frames for less or maybe someplace to buy the FG at a lower price. I've seen them for $600+. I like urban street riding and want to build a nice quality bike. Thanks for any help.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
i wish they'd do a redesign on the caliper. they're sweet, but hella bulky. ran a set with yellow plazmatics and ground rims on my old mod BITD and they locked up. brake bridge for frame flex too. crazy powerful brakes
the latest versions are already a lot less bulky than the originals.
I always had a frame flex problem, but this is solved with the NS frame, you can't bend those massive cromo plates.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
looks good. what do you use it for? I once rode a bmx with those wheels and it was super flexy, not suitable for street/dirt imo.
I use it to dirtjump. Did you ride H spoke skyways or T spoke? I've heard lots of people talk about the T spokes being floppy. The H spokes are stiff enough for me. They have a little give, but not enough to bother me. Rider weight probably matters too. A friend of mine has these same wheels and he likes em too.