Quantcast

300 the movie...

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
yeah...and Iran was the only area the persian empire consisted of...

From what I remember, it included egypt, syria, iraq, jordan, afghanistan and some others. Poor Iranians are upset about a movie produced by the industry most separated from the vast American right wing conspiracy.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
What the Iranians don't know is that the average public school educated American is too stupid to figure out where Persia was to begin with, let alone connect Persia with Iran.

Edit: Goddammit, beaten by a resident of friggin Utah - where home schooling is en vogue!

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Persia ... isn't that down near Peru?

Anyway ... so you're telling me the movie is worth the cost of theatre ticket .. kinda.

It's been a while that any movie has come along that's not worth waiting for the dvd & home flat screen.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Anyway ... so you're telling me the movie is worth the cost of theatre ticket .. kinda.

It's been a while that any movie has come along that's not worth waiting for the dvd & home flat screen.
I'm seriously contemplating PAYING to see it again! This time on the IMAX screen. It's been probably 15 years since I've paid to see a movie twice.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I'm seriously contemplating PAYING to see it again! This time on the IMAX screen. It's been probably 15 years since I've paid to see a movie twice.
Exactly what I'm doing tomorrow night. I didn't know the movie was out on Imax until a friend told me he wanted to see it.

...and I've never paid to see a movie twice. In fact, I pay to see maybe one movie a year at most.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
No. The Immortals were Xerxes' elite fighting force. It would be safe to assume that they were "persian."

My in-laws say "all white people look alike."

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I saw it for free, and honestly wasn't thrilled. I liked it fine, but it wasn't the most incredible thing I have ever seen. I truly enjoyed Harold and Kumar in edited form on TBS more. Just saying. The guys were badasses, and I won't take that away, but the Persians all creeped me out and I hated seeing them win over that humpback rod fondler's feelings being hurt.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
<history geek>
I've been trying to let it go, but I can't ... the Persian archers at the end were using the wrong kind of release on their bowstrings. They were using a 3-finger pull and should have been using a thumb pull with a thumbring (Persian style of course).

I know no one will care, but I feel better now.
</history geek>

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
DNA:
Of the historical inaccuracies to pick on, you choose the archer's release? Interesting...

Westy:
I worked for a few Iranians for a couple of years and they always referred to themselves as Persian. When asked where they were from they would say Persia, then mention that they meant Iran.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<history geek>
I've been trying to let it go, but I can't ... the Persian archers at the end were using the wrong kind of release on their bowstrings. They were using a 3-finger pull and should have been using a thumb pull with a thumbring (Persian style of course).

I know no one will care, but I feel better now.
</history geek>
:rofl: :rofl:

What a fukkin' hippy-ass dork!

;)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
DNA:
Of the historical inaccuracies to pick on, you choose the archer's release? Interesting...
There is a lot of archery stuff in the collections of the museum I work for ... bows, arrow, thumbrings, whatever. Plus I've been shooting photos for a book on archery. I'm not really into archery but I know a lot about it from work.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I want to congratulate the makers of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for surpassing 300 in the box office

At least a real life combat film takes #1.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Finally got around to seeing it a while back.

300 was cool and stuff, by far the most intricate and dynamically artistic fight choreography i've ever seen in a film. Another Frank Miller gem they really played it as it should be played, just like Sin City they played it like a comic book and it worked.

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
Finally got around to seeing it a while back.

300 was cool and stuff, by far the most intricate and dynamically artistic fight choreography i've ever seen in a film. Another Frank Miller gem they really played it as it should be played, just like Sin City they played it like a comic book and it worked.
i agree and i cant wait until Sin City 2 comes out. Michael Madsen (Mr. Blonde) is supposed to be in it again, and he's quite the badass

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BTW, I want to congratulate the makers of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for surpassing 300 in the box office

At least a real life combat film takes #1.
TMNT had some awesome fight scenes in it and some amazing animation. Definitely not as good as 300, but I had a lot of fun watching it.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oh my God, that movie was such a pile of excrement.

Fraser, if your friend was one of the naked ones, she's hot and I mean no offense...heh.

It looked kinda neat, but so did Sin City, which was way better.

Something about the super electric guitar "rock outs" during the slo-mo chopping scenes made me cringe. Sooooooooooo cheeeeeaazeee!

And Xerxes? What a flamer! When the spear goes through his cheek rings at the end, I couldn't help imagining him shreiking out "Ow! You bitch!" in a fruity effiminate voice.

I get that it's supposed to be all "graphic novel" style (or to put it in less bullsitty terms: comic book-y), but come on!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Oh my God, that movie was such a pile of excrement.

Fraser, if your friend was one of the naked ones, she's hot and I mean no offense...heh.

It looked kinda neat, but so did Sin City, which was way better.

Something about the super electric guitar "rock outs" during the slo-mo chopping scenes made me cringe. Sooooooooooo cheeeeeaazeee!

And Xerxes? What a flamer! When the spear goes through his cheek rings at the end, I couldn't help imagining him shreiking out "Ow! You bitch!" in a fruity effiminate voice.

I get that it's supposed to be all "graphic novel" style (or to put it in less bullsitty terms: comic book-y), but come on!
Your opinion on 300 amounts to a pile of warm dog poo....you think Dane Cook is teh funny. Something in your head is obviously outta whack.