Quantcast

^* 3rds dei *^

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Haven't been on here much in the past few weeks due to work being really busy. Haven't ridden much either lately which sucks.

Doesn't seem like much has changed on here either.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think woodreau is headed to plattekill this weekend, like I had originally planned on. unfortunately I realized my waifu has a concert thing going on and I can't go. So yes, I will be here, and yes, we should go, but I don't know if spanky will be around. I think stacka wants to go to the fells, which is great if you like dirty looks and side eye, but I could be convinced to go someplace more fun.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wifey left on a 4 day trip this morning..yay no honey dos respite. I bought a new hammock from Grand Trunk and set it up during lunch yesterday, once i got it set up with the proper tension and the air pad at the right softness I promptly dozed off. win
IMG_20181003_124001219_Fotor1.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Back to work after my Ironman Chattanooga vacation. Race recap:

Swim: Cancelled due to dangerous conditions caused by record rainfalls. The Tennessee River was flowing 10x faster than normal, and e-coli levels were 20x over the safe limit. POOP WATER! So, I adjusted my race goal from 11 hours to 10 hours. It's too bad they had to cancel it because that would have been a fast, fun swim.

Bike: Time trial start. This was very cool. 2 riders at a time every five seconds in bib number order. I had a high number and started at the back of the field. This meant I spent the entire ride passing fuckloads of people. This was a fast bike course. 4200' elevation gain. I rode the entire thing in my big ring. I averaged 20.4 mph for the 116 miles. I did the first 100 miles in 4:50. I freakin killed this bike ride and surprised myself with a 5:39 bike split. I hoping for 6:00. My bike rank was 315/1966.

Run: The run was hot. Heat index hit 90, with full sun and humidity. I handled it well though. I walked through ever water station (about every mile), drinking some and pouring more on my head and body, plus I poured ice down my jersey. For the 26.2 mile run, I probably walked two miles total and ran the rest. I did the run in 4:06. Not a bad marathon time, let alone doing it in an Ironman. My Garmin died at mile 12 so I had no idea how fast I was going or where exactly I was. All I knew was that I was still passing a lot of people. Mile markers helped, and I kept asking spectators what time it was. Run rank was 149/1966.

Race time was 9:53. I had a really good race. I was 19/255 in my age group, and 182/1966 overall. Top 9% in an Ironman, FFS! I never expected that.

Does this race kit make me look fat? Heh...I finished in daylight. Not a lot of people did.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So yes, I will be here, and yes, we should go, but I don't know if spanky will be around. I think stacka wants to go to the fells, which is great if you like dirty looks and side eye, but I could be convinced to go someplace more fun.
K. What more fun places are you thinking?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ride night. it's gloomy and rainy. it rained pretty heavily for about 3 days this week. going back to the flat and sandy place I rode at on the weekend, but I'm bringing my Humuhumu this time: rigid, steel, singlespeed, 29r, bottle cage, under-saddle pack. Is this the "everything that's wrong with the industry" thread?! :D I'm actually kinda stoked to give it a go.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my body does not give a fuck about time change anymore.....along with sleep.

doomed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back to work after my Ironman Chattanooga vacation. Race recap:

Swim: Cancelled due to dangerous conditions caused by record rainfalls. The Tennessee River was flowing 10x faster than normal, and e-coli levels were 20x over the safe limit. POOP WATER! So, I adjusted my race goal from 11 hours to 10 hours. It's too bad they had to cancel it because that would have been a fast, fun swim.

Bike: Time trial start. This was very cool. 2 riders at a time every five seconds in bib number order. I had a high number and started at the back of the field. This meant I spent the entire ride passing fuckloads of people. This was a fast bike course. 4200' elevation gain. I rode the entire thing in my big ring. I averaged 20.4 mph for the 116 miles. I did the first 100 miles in 4:50. I freakin killed this bike ride and surprised myself with a 5:39 bike split. I hoping for 6:00. My bike rank was 315/1966.

Run: The run was hot. Heat index hit 90, with full sun and humidity. I handled it well though. I walked through ever water station (about every mile), drinking some and pouring more on my head and body, plus I poured ice down my jersey. For the 26.2 mile run, I probably walked two miles total and ran the rest. I did the run in 4:06. Not a bad marathon time, let alone doing it in an Ironman. My Garmin died at mile 12 so I had no idea how fast I was going or where exactly I was. All I knew was that I was still passing a lot of people. Mile markers helped, and I kept asking spectators what time it was. Run rank was 149/1966.

Race time was 9:53. I had a really good race. I was 19/255 in my age group, and 182/1966 overall. Top 9% in an Ironman, FFS! I never expected that.

Does this race kit make me look fat? Heh...I finished in daylight. Not a lot of people did.

good work, ferrous dude.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You know those well enough? Dickbro might be an option but it is far, far away for a busy Sunday for me.
well enough. feral barker has some nice trails on the south side of whatever road. The north side is kind of shitty, but so is every trail in MA. Dunkadrunk is a little smoother with some fun trails in the southeast, but it's really well mapped and easy to poke around in. sometimes you can get on the route 66 race course, which is well marked, and lots of fun.

but I'm up for whatever, it doesn't have to be a big deal.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
our dog & the neighbors dog will go ape shit when the other neighbors cat walks by but wont make a peep when a bear is dragging an empty garbage can through our front yard...worthless mutts.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I work 8 AM-10 PM today. I tried to avoid such shifts this year but switched into it to help out a co-worker. On the upside I have delicious drunken noodles from going out to Thai last night. Said Thai food did not cure my ailing shoulder, unfortunately.