40lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 40lb mark! tips, pics, specs

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
My 2010 setup:

Sunn Radical Finest 09"

35.1 lbs (15.93kg)

Nice setup but those tires are whack. I would run them on a trail bike but unless you only hit super smooth trails they are no good. (I speak from experience, I ran that same rear tire for a while but eventually said eff it after the 4th sidewall kasplosion, the AT Xtreme are what I have on my trail bike but they are pretty well useless as far as cornering traction is concerned imho) Now put some real tires on it and weigh it again.:D

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Is everybody running their 2010 Demos super high in the fork crowns to raise the BB height or what???? This like the 3rd one of seen like that. I thought 13" BB's were where its at????

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Is everybody running their 2010 Demos super high in the fork crowns to raise the BB height or what???? This like the 3rd one of seen like that. I thought 13" BB's were where its at????
i had mine at the low setting when i first got it. it was alrite my bb was at about 13.25 which i admit was a little low for my liking. It also felt kinda steep. I raised them up and it all of sudden rode much better. And my bb is now at 13.5 which is still pretty friggin low..

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
When you have a low bb you have room to fine tune. With a high bb everyone ran the forks slammed to get the bb/bars lower and accepted the steeper HA. If the bb is already low then you can run it where it feels good.

coymullen

Chimp
Feb 23, 2010
Co Galway, Ireland
Just a regular blindside that came in last week. Build kit from transition themselves...

Oh there is one thing. Them 40's 2010 RC2 Fit cartridge... all fancy but they come with IS disc mounts. I found that rather strange given that the 'standard' is now going towards postmount (thank f***). Anyone knows if there's a reason to that ?

forgot to mention the weight : 41lbs

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Why is it that the 40 looks long and slender and the lines flow with the demo, but against a blindside it just looks massive and beefy?
correct color paint (in contrast), no shadows on the transition, raised/lowered headtube, photo angles.

All those things being equal, the demo is a prettier frame with swoopier lines.

AutoPilotOff

Chimp
Jan 4, 2010

40.26 lbs

Listed is just what was changed from stock.

Funn direct mount
2010 Specialized Demo Bar cut to 735mm
Peaty grips
Boxxer Team Motion control
SLX cranks
Wha wha pedals
Transition Rev32 wheelset
Spec. 2.5 Chunder SX on the rear and a 2.5 Clutch SX front both with normal Price Point tubes.

I think thats it.

Last edited:

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS

2010 Maelstrom (medium)
Roco WC
888 ATA
Flows on Ringle Jumping Flea rear, Hope Pro II front
Atals FR cranks
Corsair pedals
Thomson post
Gravity 777 bar
Elixir 5's
XO/x9 drivetrain
PG970 cassette 11-26

weight is with tubes. Ordered some strips, should be tubeless and a wee bit lighter in a week or two.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
My new Yeti 303 RDH had my first ride and race on it this past weekend and I impressed with the bike so far, jumps very well, accelerates fast, tracks exactly where I point it.

Don't Leave your bike unattended around the Evil pit for long. :rofl::rant:

Last edited:

KillerSloth

Chimp
May 15, 2009
I've had this bike for about a year now... 47 or so pounds, but I am hoping for around 43 once I get my parts and get it rebuilt... Can't wait!

KillerSloth

Chimp
May 15, 2009
It's super heavy, but I don't think I'll have an issue ever breaking it.

All the parts are from 2006 or so (I bought it used). The frame weights a ton too... the rear end feels like its made out of solid aluminum... I think the seatstay and chainstay weigh more than the front triangle lol.

woffa04

Chimp
Jul 10, 2005
Australia
Since DW-Link DHR fever is in the air thought I'd polish my DHR and get a ti spring. All ready for winter down under

Boxxer Teams
Custom Tuned DHX5/Obtainium Ti Spring
Juicy Carbons
Sram X0
440/729/MTX
Funn Fatboys/RSX Stem
E13 LG1

Last edited: