Quantcast
May 31, 2008
Belgium
Dear all,

Gee Atherton won and we couldn't show you live, the satellite was shut down. I'm really sorry, my mistake for not watching the time and extending the satellite feed.

We'll work real fast to post the run on Freecaster. SORRY

Ray

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Confirmed on MTB cut footage, Gee took it.

FANTASTIC weekend for the Athertons and UK downhill....Domination!

Rick

ferrit66

Chimp
Feb 26, 2007
Long Beach
gee won! holy shiz so stoked!

bummer on the feed cutting out, but have to say i have NEVER woken up at 4.30am to watch anything EVER, so thanks to you freecaster guys for the free show,,,awesome!!!!

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
That is sick. Hill looses 2 weekends in a row! Didn't think that would happen anytime soon.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Dear all,

Gee Atherton won and we couldn't show you live, the satellite was shut down. I'm really sorry, my mistake for not watching the time and extending the satellite feed.

Ray
total bummer, but props to you for admitting your mistake and making sure it does NOT happen again ;).

Greatest day for gravity racing with Rach, Gee and Dan winning gold!!

Sam Hill's perfect world cup season is done.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Dear all,

Ray
Oh well mate, live and learn. The coverage was great anyway and much appreciated.:thumb:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Sammy is gonna be so pissed at his last two weekends, winning is all that counts to him. He wanted every quali and main event this year. World's are gonna be a blast.

Last edited:

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Congrats to the Athertons!!! And thanks a lot to Freecaster for a great feed!! Sucked to loose the last 30sec's though.. haha. Well, no out ride your bikes folks!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
On the one hand I'd have loved to have seen total domination from Sam, but on the other hand Gee's the one person I've been rooting for to beat him :D

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I can tell you that your coverage was really appreciated in the US even if it went down for every other rider (for me at least - maybe I have a crap connection or something). Good work hooking it up though. :cheers:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
totally stoked on freecaster, dont want it to happen again but im still gonna wake up at whatever ungodly hour necessary for the next race, awesome coverage, be nice to have more camera control so you can see multiple riders on course and keep it live with fewer replays, but that was totally sweet, thanks for the show!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Sammy is gonna be so pissed at his last to weekends, winning is all that counts to him. He wanted every quali and main event this year. World's are gonna be a blast.
Inner postal rage I call it....
He thrusted arm in air as if he had it in the bag with that run.

08' season of racing is giving the fans what we wanted=drama.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
agreed, stoked on the show and the effort. it actually kinda rad having a near stroke and wondering who won at the end! cliffhanger for sure! thanks to all those who made it happen.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Coverage for me was flawless through the top 20 riders (when I started watching) and only died right at the end when it went for everyone. Great job Freecaster, much appreciated, and I for one will be watching again next weekend!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, the party may be at CG's place, but the Athertons are gonna tear that place apart! So sweet...
And Hill can't really be so inflated as to think no one will ever be faster than him, is he? I try to imagine him in 10 years when he'll be in the place riders like Peat are now and I just can't imagine him being so dedicated and consistent. I see him burning out before he gets there.
How's that go..."The star that burns twice as bright only burns for half as long..."
And for the fanboys, I'd love to be wrong, I want to see all these guys stick with it. But I just don't see the dedication to the sport in him. Can you imagine Sam doing clinics and gravity camps?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Gutted, but we live and we learn (as somebody said). Me too wants to see more riders on track instead of watching slowmo's. All misstakes still, good job and thanks for the feed.