Quantcast

Angelfire WC updates?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I have not seen Kyle in person since last year, but I saw some videos and photos of him recently and I can not believe how big he is, I think if he got on a team with a champion instead of always clowning around with Powell he could step it up a few notches.

As for Sam, I am pretty sure he was on the podium a lot as a jr. and winning senior races in Oz-dont quote me on that, but I am pretty sure.

Still no update on Sam Hill's elbow from anyone? except that he went home? Updates, I want updates! The fans love em.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
del taco flatted high on the course in the qualifiers, by the bottom his rim was in several pieces. he flatted again in the finals. tough luck.

man dine lost his pedal (non drive?).... i still have no clue how he finished as well as he did.

prokop got taken out by schmitty. pimped is one way to put it i guess...

i couldnt keep track of which beaumont was which but one was practicing in a button down shirt with pearl snaps (some say stupid, i say classy) and the other was on the white v-10 with the mbuk crew. either way, both of them were looking really fast. same with the panazzo brothers. joel was lookign super fast in rpactice and every single time i saw liam he was making something look faster than most people.

telluride 02 was the last world cup in the states. i had fun at that one too. i am certainly looking forward to more events like this in the states in coming years!

DoubleDown

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
Sam's elbow is ok. He cracked it, but it is not a concern from any of the doctors he saw. It will heal fine. The major concern is some ligament damage in his arm. He can ride, but going off of curbs and such are causing him pain.

He will definitely be ready for the world cup in Italy. He is currently back in Oz trying to strengthen his arm.

As far as Kyle goes, he is huge!!!! He also is rocking a very Guns and Roses look with long hair and a bandanna around his head!

DoubleDown

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
Oh yeah Beaumont. He was riding Rennie's bike from last year. His bike didn't quite make it back from Brazil. I think someone in South America has themselves a very nice V10 right now...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
stiksandstones said:
I have not seen Kyle in person since last year, but I saw some videos and photos of him recently and I can not believe how big he is, ...
shoot...first time I saw the kid, I thought he was a linebacker...he's a big dude. His training regimen is what...riding every friggin day of his life?? Dude has been at every race, event, comp, tour, demo and venue in the world. He's the friggin' 'Where's Waldo?" of cycling.

Not to diss on Specialized, especially considering a buddy works there and does awesome work, but their getting near "Palmer" value out of him. Too bad he can't get paid like it....

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:
Thanks for the news DD...
On another note,
I heard when Kyle Strait landed on prokop (prokop I think rolled a section and Kyle jumped it) in Brazil, it was the cause of Prokop not advancing...Kyle felt bad and went to say sorry to Prokop and shake his hand, but prokop swatted his hand, and walked away. With that I assume prokop was one pissed guy in New Mex...
That's kind of crappy of Prokop. If Kyle's move was an accident, that's just racing. I would say that it did take some courage for Kyle to approach Prokop to apologize.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
blt2ride said:
That's kind of crappy of Prokop. If Kyle's move was an accident, that's just racing. I would say that it did take some courage for Kyle to approach Prokop to apologize.
ha hah...you wanna hear some bitchin' and moanin'....try to find the archives on Stik's site of 4x races....if Bootes so much as breathed on Lopes.... :love: :love: :nuts:
Stik can tqake a joke though so I'm sure he won't post a rant about Bootes's tactics at all :sneaky:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
SWWEEEETT!!! That's what I'm talkin' about....photographic proof that you got your ass handed too you. Somebody find Prokop's website and email it to him...then post what his response is...that would be funny to read. That looks just like the footage from Earthed of the English 4x when the guy landed on the other bike.

If I was Strait, I wouldn't apologize...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
danielbender said:
That´s life!!

A picture is worth a thousand words. Based on the pictures, it looks like it was an accident. Considering most riders were probably jumping that double, I bet Kyle never expected to see someone rolling that jump. It a lot of ways it was Prokop's fault for not jumping and getting in Kyle's way. :sneaky:

In addition, it's not like he took Prokop out and kept going, Kyle went down, as well, and it looks like Rennie crashed into Kyle. I know if I rolled a jump and got in someone's way, I would take some blame for the crash, as well. Oh well, that's just racing, it happens...

Imagine if a rider rolled a triple, and Chad Reed came along and landed on him, do you think Reed would walk up to him to say he was sorry...not likely!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
danielbender said:
good for rennie!!!
:D

after the race i went with some friends to eat and we found prokop !!

he deserve it!!!
Rafael just sent me some of the party pics with all those gorgeous Brazilian ladies with such healthy mammaries and beatifull....stuff...I'd have a hard time attending the race knowing those girls were waiting at the bar! :thumb:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
DoubleDown, you the man for givin us the inside scoops! thanks!

The pics of prokop/kyle incident are priceless-now arent you all glad I told the store to get the pics! love it.

Butch...Booties seems to have more issues with other riders, more than Lopes. I think he has done EC wrong more than a few times.

Godamn, lovin that photo sequence above, much appreciated.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:

The pics of prokop/kyle incident are priceless-now arent you all glad I told the store to get the pics! love it.

Butch...Booties seems to have more issues with other riders, more than Lopes. I think he has done EC wrong more than a few times.

that sequence is as good as the one from ste anne of lopes getting sidesways as he has the door slammed on him. :D ;)

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
bizutch said:
Rafael just sent me some of the party pics with all those gorgeous Brazilian ladies with such healthy mammaries and beatifull....stuff...I'd have a hard time attending the race knowing those girls were waiting at the bar! :thumb:
How about Posting them......?

thx.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
brazil wc was so full of pretty mamacitas i gave up on trying to take pictures of them, i would have never stopped if i started.

so did rennie get his bike stolen too?

btw here is a story you might find fun
at the hotel where we were staying they didnt let us store the bikes anywhere except the garage, who had CCTV and a guard, still that didnt work as one of the girls on our team got her bike stolen the morning of the race, big mess and i dont know if they have found it yet or not.

funny part comes when, the morning after, a brazilian guy part of the delegation from a certain local website, claims his bike is stolen too, and is trying to get "his money back" from the hotel, only to see that they have him on tape taking his own bike....

that was the day after his buddy had to no-show to doping control at 4x and 2 days after the whole hotel smelled like fuggin jamaica....

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
vitox said:
btw here is a story you might find fun
at the hotel where we were staying they didnt let us store the bikes anywhere except the garage, who had CCTV and a guard, still that didnt work as one of the girls on our team got her bike stolen the morning of the race, big mess and i dont know if they have found it yet or not.

funny part comes when, the morning after, a brazilian guy part of the delegation from a certain local website, claims his bike is stolen too, and is trying to get "his money back" from the hotel, only to see that they have him on tape taking his own bike....

that was the day after his buddy had to no-show to doping control at 4x and 2 days after the whole hotel smelled like fuggin jamaica....
i know this guys vitox!!!!

that´s bad!! :evil:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
quote from many of my sources in Brazil...
"most everyone was out all night, every night partying-I heard Balloochi is on chubby patrol and has hooked up with a fat chick at every race"
Ohhhh damn!

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
hey prokop was definitly pissed after the race!
a brazilian guy that was in 4th and advanced because the crash between prokop and kyle, come to shake prokop's hand, just being polite, and prokop just touch his hand with the finguers! :nope:

BTW the chicks in brazil are very cool as you can see in the pics!
i hope more people come if we have another WC stage in Brazil! :p

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Rafael-DH said:
hey prokop was definitly pissed after the race!
a brazilian guy that was in 4th and advanced because the crash between prokop and kyle, come to shake prokop's hand, just being polite, and prokop just touch his hand with the finguers! :nope:

BTW the chicks in brazil are very cool as you can see in the pics!
i hope more people come if we have another WC stage in Brazil! :p
That's awesome! Prokop sounds like a really nice guy, who takes losing really well!

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
blt2ride said:
That's awesome! Prokop sounds like a really nice guy, who takes losing really well!

you should see what lopes did with his bike when he lose the semi final!! :nope:

the GT looks like a rock....

i went ther to take a picture with him after ther race but where is he?

i had to take a picture with his wife!
she is much niccer than him!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
danielbender said:
you should see what lopes did with his bike when he lose the semi final!! :nope:

the GT looks like a rock....

i went ther to take a picture with him after ther race but where is he?

i had to take a picture with his wife!
she is much niccer than him!!
hah hah...Daniel got a date with Lopes's wife....bet that would make him madder than hangin' with E-bot.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:

I always wondered why riders seemed to take Bootes out, whenever they had a chance. Even fellow Aussie, Mik Hannah, tossed Booted over a berm at last year's Sea Otter. I never knew that Bootes had a reputation for being a dirty rider; he never had one in the BMX scene.

There are a few riders who I know have a bad repuation, one of them being Dale Holmes, who is known for taking other riders out. For the BMX guys, remember when Dale and Greg Romero got in a slap-fest at an ABA national? It was funny, it was more like a druken sorority sister fight... :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
What is considered dirty? At our local BMX races, I'm starting to pinch people out in turns but there is never contact. I don't have the fastest gate, errr I actually have the slowest gate known to man, but I'm trying to ride smarter and I use the whole track to make others alter there lines. Is that dirty?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
profro said:
What is considered dirty? At our local BMX races, I'm starting to pinch people out in turns but there is never contact. I don't have the fastest gate, errr I actually have the slowest gate known to man, but I'm trying to ride smarter and I use the whole track to make others alter there lines. Is that dirty?
Well, there is a fine line between riding agressive and riding dirty. If you're not going to ride aggresive, it will make it hard to win any races. I know when I race BMX, I will pinch riders out and sneak to the inside of berms and pass other riders with very little room. However, my intentions are never to make a rider crash. Has a rider ever freaked out when I tried to pass and crashed, you know it, but my intentions were not to make a rider go down.

I'll be the first to admit that I have made some mistakes trying to pass other riders, which has resulted in a crash. Racing is racing, and things like this will happen. As long as a rider is not taking riders out on purpose, it's just part of the game--in my opinion.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
profro said:
.....What is considered dirty? At our local BMX races, I'm starting to pinch people..... Is that dirty?
well., it really depends.
Do you take a firm grip on their rump and squeeze or is it just one of those quick, startling little snips on the inside of the thigh?? :oink: :oink:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Dirtiest move I ever saw was the Cortina world cup Dual race, Peaty and Karim, first off Karim crashes into peaty-as they both go down Karim is grabbing Peatys leg. Peaty tries to get up, but he cant because Karim will not let go of his leg-shadiest move ever.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
Dirtiest move I ever saw was the Cortina world cup Dual race, Peaty and Karim, first off Karim crashes into peaty-as they both go down Karim is grabbing Peatys leg. Peaty tries to get up, but he cant because Karim will not let go of his leg-shadiest move ever.
well karim is a cock, we all knew this anyways?