Quantcast

Bender Broke His Back

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
http://vpfree.pinkbike.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=107568
on monday, november 14th, josh bender had a very bad accident close to virgin, utah. he remains stable. a broken back, c2 and c3, broken tibia and broken ankle were the result of a moment of intense energy. the meaning of his inspiration will not ever be of others to comprehend, nor to be judged. he will be in surgery tonight or tomorrow morning to fuse his vertebrae above and below the injury.

a time to reflect on the meaning of life is so evident. he has inspired, challenged, and motivated the best to become better. he will continue to do so. to rise above and hold good thoughts for a strong recovery is only appropriate. he will overcome, and he will inspire.

positive vibrations.

loopy loo.
True??????

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Inspire?

I hope he gets better and all :( , but damn....inspire?

I would rather see Bender riding trail bike than stuck in a wheel chair the rest of his life.

Maybe Bender needs to inspire people by manning up and doing the right thing....stop falling off cliffs. :D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
hate to hear news like that, but I hope this prevents his from further stupidity in the way of the 100ft drop.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Man...I've got popcorn and everything for his upcoming public splattering on the DC! Damnit...why does this always happen to me?

'Course...He's already F'd up, and he wasn't going to land the 100footer anyway... I say the show MUST go on! Push him off in his wheelchair!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
OK 2 things don't seem right here:

1st - pinkbike (sorry - had to...)
2nd - 1st and only post by the "source"

Sounds fishy since peopel love to spread rumors, and to La Cleta's point - it's been 2 days and NO ONE ELSE has heard anything about this??!?!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I like the "moment of intense energy" part, that's great! Here's my interpretation:

Moron+brain fart+1 lb of fine pot=SPLAT. Again.
Oh yeah..inspirational as hell.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
dude who the f are you to make fun of a dare, i have friend whos dad rides one and they are dawesome.
I wasn't saying they weren't good bikes - they just aren't rugged enough for Bender's riding style

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I find it disturbing that a fellow mountain biker could have serious life altering injuries and people here are still taking shots at him...WTF!!:mumble:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
BMXman said:
I find it disturbing that a fellow mountain biker could have serious life altering injuries and people here are still taking shots at him...WTF!!:mumble:
agreed.

and yes to the earlier post questioning the possibility that he could have inspired anyone. i know of a few well-known huckers who were inspired by him to prove that what he was not sticking could be stuck. no diss to bender.

wishing the guy a speedy full recovery.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
BMXman said:
Word...even I am not that ruthless.

Hope this is all a myth

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I can confirm its true. He messed up his back and shattered his tibia/fibia around the ankle a few days ago doing a 40' drop. Crashed first time without hurting himself, but messed himself on the 2nd try. A girl that I am friends with is in contact/good friends with Bender as her dad used to be his photograpther and he lived with them here (in Ashland) for a few years.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
.:Jeenyus:. said:
I can confirm its true. He messed up his back and shattered his tibia/fibia around the ankle a few days ago doing a 40' drop. Crashed first time without hurting himself, but messed himself on the 2nd try. A girl that I am friends with is in contact/good friends with Bender as her dad used to be his photograpther and he lived with them here (in Ashland) for a few years.
Isnt the point not to crash? (Kidding)

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Did his crash take place in Utah? If so..... is he a Mormon? If so... then may he have a speedy recovery, and if not..... still, may he have a speedy recovery.
Balls out to the only man alive willing to to do a 10x10 on a bicycle!
Go get'em Bender!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
tmx said:
agreed.

i know of a few well-known huckers who were inspired by him to prove that what he was not sticking could be stuck.
This and ONLY THIS is the only form of inspiration I will allow him. And NO, I do not feel bad AT ALL about disrespecting him. He's an idiot and an arrogant ass hole. But I can deal with that, hell, half my crew are idiots, but what I can't handle is the fact that he can't even stradle a bike without blazin up first. I don't care how insane a stunt is, if the rider is stoned he gets no credit from me ever. If you're too scared to do a stunt sober and alert, then maybe that's the mind telling the body that you're in over your head. If ya' gotta be lit up then you shouldn't be doing it. I've ridden with him, I've fought with him, and he can jump off any cliff he can find with my blessing.

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
THRILLSEEKA said:
This and ONLY THIS is the only form of inspiration I will allow him. And NO, I do not feel bad AT ALL about disrespecting him. He's an idiot and an arrogant ass hole. But I can deal with that, hell, half my crew are idiots, but what I can't handle is the fact that he can't even stradle a bike without blazin up first. I don't care how insane a stunt is, if the rider is stoned he gets no credit from me ever. If you're too scared to do a stunt sober and alert, then maybe that's the mind telling the body that you're in over your head. If ya' gotta be lit up then you shouldn't be doing it. I've ridden with him, I've fought with him, and he can jump off any cliff he can find with my blessing.
Dang boi!!, calm down man

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
THRILLSEEKA said:
hahaha, no wonder he is always reffering to himself in the third person...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
THRILLSEEKA said:
Your GF left you for him, hunh?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I could never see why everyone has a hard-on for the guy. He does something he loves. whether we think it's stupid or not, it's not us to judge. I have no problem with the guy, never met him either so that's probably why.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
BMXman said:
I agree with that--pretty pathetic. I really hate to hear news like this, I hope Bender makes a full recovery. Or better yet, I hope some this is JUST a rumor.

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
wow I thought it was fake at first due to this comment "the meaning of his inspiration will not ever be of others to comprehend, nor to be judged" because you KNOW thats what everyone does to him.
Well I guess this is a bad way to prevent him from doing that 100 footer, a broken Bender is better than a dead one.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Don't get me wrong, I'm not THRILLED to hear he got hurt. It sucks that he got hurt...HOWEVER: This is a lot like watching the 4 drunk idiots playing Russian Roulette at a party. I watched one of my best friends of 14 years spray his brains all over his pregnant and crying GF because some kid told him he was a pussy if he didn't do atleast one round. It took me about an hour to get over the sadness, she hated him instantly. Bender is doing the same thing, only the dumb die slowly. So why should I sit here and go "Oh my gosh, the guy who still hasn't learned that he can't land anything got hurt??? Wow. What a shocker." F_ck that, I've got worse things to worry about.