Quantcast

best seat collar for whistler?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I would go with a root beer coloured Salsa collar, with a carbon blade...Little flexy, but very light and most of all - uber bling!!

Also, while we're talking about Whistler, I was wondering what the best bar end cap for A-line is?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
the faux carbon ones those guys at Iron Horse put on the Sunday World Cups is pretty blingin'

-ska todd

R

richcreek

jackalope said:
I would go with a root beer coloured Salsa collar, with a carbon blade...Little flexy, but very light and most of all - uber bling!!

Also, while we're talking about Whistler, I was wondering what the best bar end cap for A-line is?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
ska todd said:
the faux carbon ones those guys at Iron Horse put on the Sunday World Cups is pretty blingin'

-ska todd
I have to agree with Todd here. Maximum blingage is always a plus at Whistler. I'd also turn it around so the bolt is facing forward to prevent any overheating issues.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I believe the original Deity studded double-clamp is the seat collar of choice for discerning free-parkers at locations such as Whistler. Also the Marzocchi tires are the best in the air and that's where most of the time is spent when free-parking so they must be the best tires for Whistler also.

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
This post should definatly be sticky. you DO NOT want to show up at whistler and not be prepared with proper seat post holding hardware. Definitely a good read, but personally I would reccomend a hose clamp, with all those bike thefts at whistler, you don't want people jackin your ride for your bling-bling seatpost clamp. Those faux carbon ones should stay locked up in your room...

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Actually you guys are getting this all wrong...you have to go for the non-quick release style with a Ti bolt, this will lower your center of gravity and help you over the really cool jumps! That would just be off the sicter scale!!!

And for the bar ends...they have to be pink AND fuzzy, although you will be stuck on eh-line cause they wont do so well on something as rad and sweet as dirt merchant

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Orfen said:
if it's good enough for H-Ball - means it must be the BEST!
H-Ball is also down with the twisty spokes, so those must be good for Whistler too then.

edit: I actually rocked the hite-rite back in the dizzay on my purple '92 M2. :eek:

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
©2001 said:
any help would be appreciated.
That's awesome.. I really really really wanted to post something like that but was afraid to be deemed as an ass. I am so glad someone went for it :)

Thank you! :love:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
OGRipper said:
You will probably not survive one run without the new, 12-pound cast iron Thunder Collar from Banshee.
It'll be 12 pounds and will be touted as the strongest seatpost collar in existance, but will still end up cracking :rolleyes:

I'd hold out for the new DW-collar. It will be refined through the latest generation of FEA programs and will weigh less than a quarter, but will withstand sixteen metric tons of pressure before deforming 0.0385%

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The more I think about it, the more I realize that the seat post collar is not important...But what is important is to wear a pink Izod knit shirt with a pressed, popped collar whilst bombing down Clown Shoes...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
binary visions said:
I'd hold out for the new DW-collar. It will be refined through the latest generation of FEA programs and will weigh less than a quarter, but will withstand sixteen metric tons of pressure before deforming 0.0385%
will that be compatible with his derailleur hanger? more importantly, will it be compatible with the new international derailleur standard (IDS)?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
stiksandstones said:
He is 5'11", but he has a theory about long stems and rise of stem, ask him about it sometime.
Yep, that theory runs back to ancient times.

He who runeth long, high stems has nose too high, and really sucketh at building 4 cross tracks.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
nasty...reminds me of the time my seat came off the rails at Beech Mtn DH. I chucked my saddle down the bank, dropped in...rode across the pavement, nailed the first few boulders, then my seat rail proceeded to gore me like Tipper.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Close to the seat clamp related....

But nothing beats when Elke B. tore her leg open on a saddle rail in Kaprun. I was 'coming down the mountain' after I sent the girls off in the DH. When I got to bottom everyone on our program was horrified, they told me Elke just got sent to hopspital to repair the thigh...I was given her bike with blood all over it and a 2" long 1/2" thick piece of meat stuck to the saddle rail.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
stiksandstones said:
Close to the seat clamp related....

But nothing beats when Elke B. tore her leg open on a saddle rail in Kaprun. I was 'coming down the mountain' after I sent the girls off in the DH. When I got to bottom everyone on our program was horrified, they told me Elke just got sent to hopspital to repair the thigh...I was given her bike with blood all over it and a 2" long 1/2" thick piece of meat stuck to the saddle rail.
:eek: :looney: :dead: :ouch:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
pffffff. shows what you guys know.....we perfected the chainless riding style here, now it's seat/post-less.....leave those clamps at home suckers! as an added bonus it helps get down towards that oh-so-desired 35 pound mark..........sitting's for pansies

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
FlipFantasia said:
pffffff. shows what you guys know.....we perfected the chainless riding style here, now it's seat/post-less.....leave those clamps at home suckers! as an added bonus it helps get down towards that oh-so-desired 35 pound mark..........sitting's for pansies
I'll buy you a pint of Canadian (or Kokane, your choice) if you do a run down garbanzo with me without a seat or seat collar. :)