Quantcast

big bear petition - sign up!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
mtbpaint said:
well you flaming homosexual dick monkey sucker i was on a homosexual dick monkey sucking Laptop in the middle of the homosexual dick monkey sucking campus riding my homosexual dick monkey sucking bike and i did a homosexual dick monkey sucking Huge ass drop WOOOOOT so i figure i put a quick.....yet long post in and when i came home i would read the rest of the posts when i have homosexuality dick monkey sucking time because there is a lot to read, honestly than i just read the title but now i read the whole thread. UH IDIOT! Don't wet yourselves so easily
I love it when people don't pay attention to the rules.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Orven said:
True. I was actually thinking of maybe lobbying through the local BB Better Business Bureau (If SS is a member) or the local Chamber of Commerce or lastly, the local Association of Business Owners. Sending correspondence to the local Council members or Mayor (part of chair of the council) to get the politics involved may give us a stronger voice. If all else fails, send some of your biker hippie friends from Humboldt or Mendocino to chain themselves at the bottom lift station for a summer hunger strike/protest.

Cuz crap, N* is hella far away.
I know I'LL be making that trip more than a few times.
:rolleyes:

Why did it have to come to this?!?!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I just found this: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11226228 You might have to register to see the page, the guy is offering free website hosting for non-profit organizations. If we're serious about getting big bear back a website dedicated to the cause would be pretty useful. I don't know enough about non profit organizations or websites to do anything with this information but thought I'd pass my findings along to those who might be more capable.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Kornphlake said:
I just found this: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11226228 You might have to register to see the page, the guy is offering free website hosting for non-profit organizations. If we're serious about getting big bear back a website dedicated to the cause would be pretty useful. I don't know enough about non profit organizations or websites to do anything with this information but thought I'd pass my findings along to those who might be more capable.
I'll donate webspace and e-mails for free if this really gets going.

I will start PMing those of you that seemed interisted. You can PM me as well.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
SS updated the web site:

Traditional cross country-style mountain bikers can enjoy several unique roads and trails located outside our permit area. This summer, it is likely that Snow Summit will not offer any trails on our ski runs. Come enjoy the natural beauty our local mountains have to offer every season of the year. A combination of weight, suspension, tire width and other factors will determine which bikes will be permitted to use the sky chair for mountain bike transports.

Notice it says this summer, it's not likely DH? I suppose that's better than no DH for sure this summer or ever!

R

Rabie

Duzitall said:
SS updated the web site:

Traditional cross country-style mountain bikers can enjoy several unique roads and trails located outside our permit area. This summer, it is likely that Snow Summit will not offer any trails on our ski runs. Come enjoy the natural beauty our local mountains have to offer every season of the year. A combination of weight, suspension, tire width and other factors will determine which bikes will be permitted to use the sky chair for mountain bike transports.

Notice it says this summer, it's not likely DH? I suppose that's better than no DH for sure this summer or ever!
Actually, that's exactly what it says.

(Ok, so Summer is when they are open to bikes, so when they say "Summer," that means "always." "This" just implies that the condition being announced did not exist before now, as in last Summer, or the Summers before that. So yeah, that first bit means "As of now, and from now, always..."

Now we know they are not allowing dh bikes on the lift, cause they say that, and have said that all along. That leaves the issue of "not likely," in regard to the face runs being open to any bikes, but word has come from Snow Summit, that the face runs will in fact be closed to all bikes --so that "not likely" is now a "certainly not."

Put that all together, and you get that from now, and always in the future, dh bikes will certainly not be allowed on the lift, and the dh runs will certainly not be open to any bikes. That sounds to me like what you said.)