Quantcast

"Breaking Bad" Thread

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
so... there hasnt been a week since i gulped down all 5 seasons in a few weeks, that i hadnt think about august 11th...
bets?

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
as good as the ep09 was... i think ep10 wasnt that great, i think it kinda breaks away from the "magical realism" and logic of the show.

at this point in the breakind bad timeline.... wouldnt it be easier for walt and family to run away from the US, into south america or southeast asia with their millions in cash???

is he is in stage iv, then it wouldnt matter where he went, as he would be dead anywhere anyways....
and if his cancer was treatable... he could get hi quality treatment anywhere in the world with the cash he has...

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I disagree about the realism. The "get new identities and leave the country" was a major point line in season 4 and it almost happened until Skylar whipped out Walt's secret stash of money in the crawlspace. Walt isn't considering leaving because his hubris is so big after defeating Gus, taking over an international drug operation, making more money than he could ever launder, then turning his back on the international drug operation. Walt still thinks he won't be caught, at least by the law, that's why he's not considering leaving.

I think what started out as sort of a main character and antagonist, Walt's Cancer, has become a secondary character. Yes Walt is going through treatment but from the first season Walt only thought he would be alive for another year so as far as he's concerned he's already on borrowed time. It would be easy to say "just leave the country with all your money and get treatment!" but I don't think that's even on Walt's mind now.

I agree this wasn't one of the more memorable episodes but it was necessary to plant the seeds for events in future episodes. Jesse is in police custody - does he turn on Walt to help clear his conscience? Does Hank turn in Walt and end both his career and his family? Is Lydia working with Todd to create a new "cartel"? Are they coming after Walt to get him back cooking the most pure meth?

I actually don't think we will ever see Walt taken into custody, I think that's going to be a red herring for the last few episodes but something will happen before it gets to that point. Either there isn't enough hard evidence, Hank has a change of heart (or gets killed), or the "new cartel" comes into the fold to become the "greater of two evils." I think the flash forward moments where we see Walt a year from now, with a giant gun, he is gearing up to either rescue one or more of his family members from the "new cartel" or to seek revenge for them killing one or more of his family members. Maybe the Ricin pill he went back to get is a suicide pill in case he gets caught...

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
at this point, i also think the final showdown will be
a) walt vs lydia/todd/neonazis
or
b) walt vs jesse

with skyler becoming more ruthless (and less careful) as time goes by. the baby girl could get snatched by lydia/todd (as a barganining chip) or marie, leading to the rifle-purchase; and skyler getting killed by the mafia/arrested by the cops.

i doubt hank will do much (either dies, or doesnt get enough material to prosecute).
even if jesse talks (which i doubt) there is the chance he could get a trip to belize. so its more likely than not, that he wont be of much help to hank.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Freaking awesome episode last night. Talk about awkward at the Mexican restaurant. Hank knows he is pretty much screwed with Marie taking the money and the half-truths all interwoven into Walt's story. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Jesse figured out that Huell lifted the weed off of him, so he put together the dots that he lifted the ricin for Walt, since Walt has Saul in his pocket. If I remember right, Walt gave Jesse the whole bs story about Gus and how he didn't know anything about it, but now Jesse knows that Walt was involved in the whole thing. Jesse knows that Walt killed/had killed Mike and that info coupled with him getting his stash lifted leads him to Walt...

It will also be interesting to see what plays out with the Nazi's, Lydia and Todd.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
i thought jesse handed saul the weed when he put the joint out
Nah, he puts the joint out, but then he wraps it up and stuffs it back in his pocket as like an FU to Saul. So when he's waiting at the pickup point, he's feeling around for his stash and can't find it. Then, he opens his cigarettes and that's when it clicks that Huell lifted the weed off of him and must have lifted the ricin cig too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This show has completely made sense until last night. I don't understand how the ricin cig leads to him being mad at Walt? I mean I understand how he figured that Walt had it lifted but why is he mad now?

Edit: Didn't Jesse have the Ricin sig all along?

Last edited:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
This show has completely made sense until last night. I don't understand how the ricin cig leads to him being mad at Walt? I mean I understand how he figured that Walt had it lifted but why is he mad now?

Edit: Didn't Jesse have the Ricin sig all along?
Jesse figured out that Walt played him. Walt poisoned Brock and used it to rally Jesse against Gus.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
There was a portion of the one episodes where Jesse accuses Walt of poisoning Brock (the little kid of the chick he is dating for a while). Walt and Jesse have it out and Walt swears it was Gus and says one of Gus's guys must have found the cigarette or Brock got into his cigs or something like that. Jesse was pissed, but ended up letting it go and *somewhat* believing Walt. Now that he put two and two together, he is super pissed at Walt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_Times_(Breaking_Bad)

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/jesse-breaking-bad-ricin-cigarettes.html

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jesse figured out that Walt played him. Walt poisoned Brock and used it to rally Jesse against Gus.
Didn't Jesse already suspect this in the last season? Sorry I get what you're saying but it's a stretch. Also if he stole the Ricin cig doesn't that mean that he wants Jesse to live? Sorry I'm not usually this confused by this show, it just seems like a stretch.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
There was a portion of the one episodes where Jesse accuses Walt of poisoning Brock (the little kid of the chick he is dating for a while). Walt and Jesse have it out and Walt swears it was Gus and says one of Gus's guys must have found the cigarette or Brock got into his cigs or something like that. Jesse was pissed, but ended up letting it go and *somewhat* believing Walt. Now that he put two and two together, he is super pissed at Walt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_Times_(Breaking_Bad)

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/jesse-breaking-bad-ricin-cigarettes.html
Ok that makes more sense. Got it now, his disbelief of Walt was evident in yesterdays episode as well. It's much clearer now.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, they continue to show that even though Jesse seems to have a conscious, he is still easily manipulated by Walt...up until this point anyway. That was pretty much the crux of this episode. So Jesse is a serious loose cannon this time, even more so than before, because he now knows that Walt has been lying to/manipulating him the whole time. They show you than when he tells Walt that he knows he offed Mike and then the missing weed is the nail in the coffin.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Walt hauling ass out to his money hiding spot and being powerless to stop Jesse was my favorite part! I've found myself wanting him to get caught lately, it seems like the writers have done a good job of turning the tide against him (or so it seems).