Quantcast

Campers

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
my buddy rode over the bridge next to that as it was in progress. in his video it was only up to the hood of that poor Tundra.
Vehicle bridge or pedestrian/bike only?

Gotta be extra special stupid to try to cross that river with a vehicle bridge in the vicinity. Unfortunately we don’t have fines steep enough for people that do this shit, fucking overlanders

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Gotta be extra special stupid to try to cross that river with a vehicle bridge in the vicinity. Unfortunately we don’t have fines steep enough for people that do this shit, fucking overlanders
was a narrow pedestrian/bike one

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

that looks like a little skinny bridge for ebikes and grinders of gravel because of preferred user status

I fully encourage most people with recently purchased four wheel bed campers to drive into rivers

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I feel like this should be emphasized
I feel like I should just set up a little stand selling stupid shitty tasting IPAs and flavored seltzer (the two things fancy white people literally cannot resist) and just let everyone know the creek I'm stationed next to is definitely shallow enough to cross

that way there's double returns

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I feel like I should just set up a little stand selling stupid shitty tasting IPAs and flavored seltzer (the two things fancy white people literally cannot resist) and just let everyone know the creek I'm stationed next to is definitely shallow enough to cross

that way there's double returns
I had a passable IPA yesterday, and a flavored seltzer earlier today. My truck is 2wd, and doesn’t have any overlanding accessories, however. I guess that makes me a semi-fancy white person?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
If they drive off a cliff it’s easier to clean up. Oil in a river is a PITA

Similar to mountain biking, the sooner off-roading can be uncool again, the better.
what are you talking about? It cleans its self up. Dilution is the solution.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
these words, these actions ring true today and spell out why everyone from the president on down needs to be held accountable to the rule of law with no exception.

View attachment 196496

A) this could not look more pompous :rofl:
b) only a matter of time until one of these burns Yosemite to the ground
too long for the Yosemite campgrounds. But I'd love to see one burn up the luxury resort campgrounds on the Vegas Strip

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, that’s not actually my car. Just a friend of ours.
But, just for ‘Woo’s delight, he also owns a new-ish Ferrari.
And multiple fancy-ass houses.
(He works as a P.A. For our Pediatrist).
Its so fucking weird here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So, that’s not actually my car. Just a friend of ours.
But, just for ‘Woo’s delight, he also owns a new-ish Ferrari.
And multiple fancy-ass houses.
(He works as a P.A. For our Pediatrist).
Its so fucking weird here.
family money? PAs don’t make that much. or maybe they do in Jackson!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Yes, his wife‘s family’s money, mostly. But he’s actually pretty interesting, he had an extremely lucrative career in finance as well, and flat out walked away about 15 years ago. Went to med/nursing school at 40 or something.
He is super happy, works really hard, and would probably work for free.
They give a huge amount away to various charities, I’m sure three or four times his income as a PA.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
6F90BBFD-153A-4C5D-8E8E-E61706FD18A7.jpeg
617DAA12-E1A1-4C44-AF2C-957ECDB98D96.jpeg
200077D0-84B0-4A1C-82E7-8AF95189F361.jpeg

pine creek campground just before Jackson.
Custer state park, center lake campground.

sorry I couldn’t stop and go for a ride @rideit.
Just not enough time.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Looks like you got some great (and a little wet) weather!
That’s a shame, as I built about 12 miles of singletrack near that campground that is now all legal.
We still have a place in Teton Valley.

EDIT: I took @boostindoubles for a good tour of some of our best stashes right near there, I think he had a good time!

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I'm getting the truck back tonight. I have to install the steering box and pitman arm first, then bathroom fan and light, then bathroom walls. The kitchen cabinet needs a little trimming then it's ready. The water heater and propane tank are last of the sort of must haves. The grey water tanks would be great, the dash and gauges would be nice too. But I have like 3 weeks before our next vacation block, so it's gonna be tight.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Damn, I just bought this jar of paint on flex seal and it's already harden, WTF? I need to paint the top of the fan and was going to redo the header bolts since the leveling stuff didn't hold up. That's 3 trips to Ace today, ugh.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Did you see this one?

Can tell Matt held back on saying what he wanted to say about it. :rofl:
What is it with 'muricans and removing guards from grinders?
No guard, no glasses and innocent potential victims looking on, fuck that shit!
My brother in law was in hospital with a dude that lost both eyes to a guardless grinder.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Did you see this one?

Can tell Matt held back on saying what he wanted to say about it. :rofl:
jfc

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was all "based off of an F-250?!" but the lede is wrong. F-550. F-600 would have been a better choice yet.