Quantcast

Canberra World Cup

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Right, only the ones I posted went up before the top 10 was even done riding. ;)

Also, the overall is getting closer by the run, so awesome. As a fan, this is quite possibly the best season ever.
Can I get a direct link of where to watch the final here in California please:biggrin:

What time does it start here in Cali?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Can I get a direct link of where to watch the final here in California please:biggrin:

What time does it start here in Cali?
you obviously didn't read the other 5 pages of people moaning about how it wont be played live due connection problems, but that shortly (hopefully) after the race runs some vids of the top guys will come up

edit: but i believe it starts at 8pm PST

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
2 words: Sattelite Truck.
and why not a satellite truck now?

why cant freecaster always put up the complete coverage? for the world champs freecaster did it.
I would rather look at the complete coverage not live then that freecaster messes up with the live and only gives you top 3 later.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
and why not a satellite truck now?

why cant freecaster always put up the complete coverage? for the world champs freecaster did it.
I would rather look at the complete coverage not live then that freecaster messes up with the live and only gives you top 3 later.
Money. It costs an awful lot. They are doing it out of a love for cycling and World Cup racing. Be happy. When there is no live broadcast, it is due to conditions outside of their control.

As for worlds, they put up top 30, that is all. It takes an enormous amount of diskspace and bandwidth, so that is why it is not done.

Last edited:

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
Money. It costs an awful lot. They are doing it out of a love for cycling and World Cup racing. Be happy. When there is no live broadcast, it is due to conditions outside of their control.

As for worlds, they put up top 30, that is all. It takes an enormous amount of diskspace and bandwidth, so that is why it is not done.
I have no idea what a SMG truck costs. Was just wondering why not now and why not complete coverage not live.

Somehow I would have expected that there should be a good internetconnection between australia and the rest of the world.
But they could have tested the connection a couple of days before the race so there would be time to get stuff fixed. ( i am no internet nerd, just saying what comes to mind)

does freecaster get al their money of sponsors/commercials?

Last edited by a moderator:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have no idea what a SMG truck costs. Was just wondering why not now and why not complete coverage not live.

Somehow I would have expected that there should be a good internetconnection between australia and the rest of the world.
But they could have tested the connection a couple of days before the race so there would be time to get stuff fixed. ( i am no internet nerd, just saying what comes to mind)

does freecaster get al their money of sponsors/commercials?
It costs a fortune. The connection was tested, as it was at the Canadian event that had the live cut off as well. Internet speeds fluctuate on long runs, especially with a few of the weather conditions that have been seen this year. It was the same at various euro events where they had to hire an SMG truck the day before the event. Doing so in North America or Australia is cost prohibitive, as sattelite time costs much more.

Freecaster is paying for the entire season on their own. There are no pre roll commercials or sponsors, as you may have noticed.

Last edited:

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
1 2 MOSELEY Tracy GBR KONA 3:10.43
2 11 ATHERTON Rachel GBR ANIMAL COMMENCAL 3:14.51
3 1 JONNIER Sabrina FRA TEAM MAXXIS 3:14.66
4 10 GRIFFITHS Fionn GBR NORCO WORLD TEAM 3:23.90
5 4 RAGOT Emmeline FRA SUSPENSION CENTER 3:24.41
6 16 MACLEOD Sheryl NZL --- 3:24.85
7 7 SUEMASA Mio JPN MS-INTENSE FACTORY-RACING 3:24.92
8 8 GASKELL Helen GBR --- 3:26.57
9 9 PUGIN Floriane FRA PLAYBIKER - IRON HORSE 3:27.49
10 12 MOLCIK Anita AUT 4 ELEMENTS YETI/HOTEC/RSP 3:30.97
11 25 HAGEN Scarlett NZL --- 3:33.66
12 13 MARGGRAFF Diana ECU --- 3:34.74
13 22 BUCHANAN Caroline ° AUS --- 3:40.85
14 15 FRUHWIRTH Helene Valerie AUT --- 3:44.00
15 17 WHITEMAN Claire AUS --- 3:44.97
16 18 DOUGLAS Leigh CAN --- 3:45.60
17 19 SMITH Cara AUS --- 3:46.81
18 14 LAIRD Amy NZL --- 3:46.93
19 20 FOX Joanne AUS --- 4:11.05
20 23 BOER Julia HUN --- DNF

from the uci site

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Tracy wins, timing got all lagged for me and said rach and then 20/20. This new system really sucks compared to last years! Good job tracy, win by almost 4 seconds. That's an awful lot of pedaling.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
So I presume it's raining since the women have gone slower in the race than qualifying.