Quantcast

College Football - FINALLY

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
White declares his eligibility:

Trojans' White to enter 2006 NFL Draft

Denver, CO (Sports Network) - USC junior running back LenDale White declared his eligibility for the 2006 National Football League Draft on Wednesday, foregoing his final collegiate season.

The 6-foot-2, 235-pound tailback finished the 2005 season with 1,302 rushing yards on 197 carries (6.6 avg.) for 24 touchdowns and 14 receptions for 219 yards (15.6 avg.) and two touchdowns.

"This was definitely a hard choice to come up with," said White at press conference on Wednesday. "I would definitely like to thank my family, my team and my coaches. Without them, I wouldn't even be in this situation to make this choice."

His 124 yards on a 20-carry performance in which he scored three touchdowns against Texas were not enough to help end his college career with a championship, as the Trojans fell 41-38 in the Rose Bowl. It did, however, culminate a three-year collegiate career in which White posted 3,159 yards on 541 carries.

"This is definitely a wonderful day for me and my family," added White. "Just being up here and being able to enter the draft and play in the NFL one day, it is very emotional for me."

Joining White and quarterback Matt Leinart, teammate Heisman trophy winner Reggie Bush will likely also declare for the draft nearing the end of the week. Overshadowed by Bush for much of his career, White's breakout game in the Rose Bowl achieved a combined 99 career touchdowns in three years for the Trojan backfield tandem, breaking the NCAA record of 97 set by Army's Glenn Davis and Felix "Doc" Blanchard from 1943-46.

01/11 17:27:18 ET

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Bush going pro:

ESPN said:
USC running back Bush to skip senior season
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Reggie Bush is following his USC backfield buddy to the NFL.

The Heisman Trophy winner announced Thursday that he will enter the NFL draft rather than return to USC for his senior season.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
no clue what that is, but it reminds me....

listen children to a story that was written long ago, about a kingdom on a mountain, and the valley far below...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
that intro that just aired was the first glimpse i've seen of "Godzillatron." holy **** that thing is huge.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
well ****. here's to hoping Ohio State loses during a conference game. i figure ND will be in the National Champion ship. and, if UT wins out, they'll be playing UT.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i cannot believe ND pulled that win. or should i say, how the **** did MSU piss that win away? hopefully most of you guys saw the game.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ND for the BIG win. I came in at the half and was pissed. As bad as they played last weekend at home, I knew if they didn't put it together, the season was over.

I didn't see the first half, but they looked great in the second. Why can't ND get a good FG kicker? They have one of the best soccer programs in the country and they ALWAYS have the worst FG kicker in the country!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you're right...their place kickers have always sucked. i remember back in 7th grade when i started playing organized football...i wanted to be the place kicker so that i could go to ND and be the first decent kicker they had. that was 10yrs ago.

the first half was dismal. ND was getting outplayed in every way. the last MSU possession of the first half left a bad taste in my mouth. it was downhill from there.