Quantcast

Country Music

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Slim Whitman...I think.

Psycho-billy or hell-billy is the only country worth half a d@mn these days. Hank 3 is the sh*t. Webb Wilder rules.
Kenny Chesney blows goats. Big and Rich molest collies in their spare time.

And for guilty pleasures...hair bands. Tesla! Bon Jovi! Quiet Riot!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like some of the funny songs. Although I'm not sure if they are meant to be funny or not.

"She's the queen of my double wide trailer with the polyester curtains and the redwood deck"

That is pure gold right there.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
aw hell, even Kid Rock is "claiming his country roots" these days and he's from Detroit. some good tunes, though, along the lines of Hank, Jr. and the Outlaws.

Starvin

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Roads & Islands
Garth Brooks killed country music. Jimmy is a really good friend of mine but ever since he became a country singer his music has sucked. Rascal Flats is not far from good. Good is Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings Hank Williams Sr., etc. I still like bluegrass.
ding ding ding!

Johnny Paycheck, David Allan Coe, Merle Haggard, Hank Jr., Charlie Pride

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I like some of the funny songs. Although I'm not sure if they are meant to be funny or not.

"She's the queen of my double wide trailer with the polyester curtains and the redwood deck"

That is pure gold right there.
Sammy Kershaw....biatches!

:)

BTW Hank Williams III isn't good enough to lick the boots of his predecessors.....

When he learns how to carry a tune then I will listen to him. He maybe be a good writer (Or have good writers) but as far as music ...blah.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sammy Kershaw....biatches!

:)

BTW Hank Williams III isn't good enough to lick the boots of his predecessors.....

When he learns how to carry a tune then I will listen to him. He maybe be a good writer (Or have good writers) but as far as music ...blah.
Who sings "Going through the big D and I don't mean Dallas"?

I got the Jeep and she got the palace, that's awesome.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Garth Brooks killed country music. Jimmy is a really good friend of mine but ever since he became a country singer his music has sucked. Rascal Flats is not far from good. Good is Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings Hank Williams Sr., etc. I still like bluegrass.
Think he still smokes pot? And what's the real reason why Greg doesn't play with the reefers anymore? Inquiring minds wanna know.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Who sings "Going through the big D and I don't mean Dallas"?

I got the Jeep and she got the palace, that's awesome.
I am not positive without looking it up....

but I think it is Tracey Byrd (sp?):hmm:
Edit: Damnit ...it was Mark Chesnut.

Goin' Through the Big D

Six short months we went together
Decided it should be forever
Two paychecks are better than one
A diamond ring and it was done
Bought her a house like I said I would
In sub-divided neighborhood
The fuse got short and the nights got long
It was over long gone
Before I knew
Where I was headed to
I'm goin' through the big D
And don't mean Dallas
I can't believe what the judge had to tell us
I got the Jeep she got the palace
And don't mean Dallas

Things like this are never final
I'm still payin' on the vinyl
Flooring in the laundry room
It's multi-colored and waterproof
It's a little bit tough to face my friends
The ones that said I jumped in
The river of love a little too soon
That was August
This is June and it's a different tune

And don't mean Dallas
I got the Jeep she got the palace
And don't mean Dallas

And don't mean Dallas
I got the Jeep she got the two bedroom
Mortgage is due
Siding light blue palace
And don't mean Dallas
And don't mean Dallas.

lol

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
Think he still smokes pot? And what's the real reason why Greg doesn't play with the reefers anymore? Inquiring minds wanna know.
He can still outsmoke any 20 year old. He only smokes about once or twice a month now though. I don't have any clue about Greg.

Edit: Last time Willie Nelson came to town I missed out on a smoke session with Willie and Jimmy because I had to eat dinner with my girlfriend's parents.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
What on earth made you dig out this old turd? The problem with Garth Brooks is that his music defys physics, its sucks and blows at the same time.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I should be making fun of briar rabbit, instead I think I will listen to some real country music, not that homo-line-dancing-flamed shirt-shiny boot wearing-bud drinking-mouth-breathing-pop music.

Go get Red Headed Stranger by Willie or some Jerry Jeff Walker.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Yessir, I'll admit I like country music, too. Sawyer Brown, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney. And you know what they say when you play country music backwards.........

You get everything you've ever lost, back.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
RR, way to to be super predictable, first you go and say you like country (apart from a few artists country is whack) then you do and miss all those good dew artists.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My problem with a lot of country acts is the same with many Hip-hop acts. When you go see them you are not actually seeing a live show. Many segments of the shows are prerecorded and have more in common with a broadway show then a live concert. Why does an act ever need a stage director? Even the crowd banter is often canned. However the precision, sound and execution of the shows are amazing. The promoters often pay you too.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
What's worse than bad country music is when people actually like it and talk about it. Some of you guys need to have your ears cemented shut if you like some of the crap you say you like.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What's worse than bad country music is when people actually like it and talk about it. Some of you guys need to have your ears cemented shut if you like some of the crap you say you like.
do you like this texan?